Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Look at this quote, for instance - considering how good Garett is, Robinson did well. Note that it's not 'considering how good Robinson, Garrett did well.

DT, you can watch that film again and see what NT is referring to. Robinson isn't built to stop the speed rushers in the NFL.
    He is a Von..a Mack. Myles is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He is a Von..a Mack. Myles is unreal.
    Robinson is going to die vs. NFL speed rushers. He's a guard or a RT with that frame. When you're a LT and your selling point is run stuffing you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

If Garrett is going to be one of the league's best speed rushers then cam is already battle tested because he dominated the match up. And quite frankly I am not going to be mad at all if he is the pick at 20. I don't have much against bolles either. The Wisconsin LT I'm not sure about yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Robinson is going to die vs. NFL speed rushers. He's a guard or a RT with that frame. When you're a LT and your selling point is run stuffing you're doing it wrong.
    Cam is the #1 LT in this class. He's adequate. He's a starter.

The others? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Cam is the #1 LT in this class. He's adequate. He's a starter.

The others? Maybe.
    He really can't be the number one LT in this class. He has balance issues, losses to speed, and is a run blocker. The other guys were on par with his play and did it for one year. Eh. The Wisconsin kid will be the best LT in this draft. Maybe Bolles.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He really can't be the number one LT in this class. He has balance issues, losses to speed, and is a run blocker. The other guys were on par with his play and did it for one year. Eh. The Wisconsin kid will be the best LT in this draft. Maybe Bolles.
    Let's revisit this in 2020, k?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Let's revisit this in 2020, k?
    I'll be in law school - you'll never talk to me again, probably.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll be in law school - you'll never talk to me again, probably.
    I like your attitude, mister.

I think some people just don't want to use #20 on a offensive linemen or something, majority of the football people has him as the #1 LT, not number 1 guard. The Broncos desperately need a LT and if we can get the best one @ 20 who actually does have a 1st round grade it's a good pick for me.

Too Von, who exactly is more worthy of pick 20 than Cam?

I like your attitude, mister.
    Gotta be a gunner - gotta dominate my class. Gotta be the best. No one else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    I think some people just don't want to use #20 on a offensive linemen or something, majority of the football people has him as the #1 LT, not number 1 guard. The Broncos desperately need a LT and if we can get the best one @ 20 who actually does have a 1st round grade it's a good pick for me.

Too Von, who exactly is more worthy of pick 20 than Cam?
    I'd love to take a LT at 20. I think most of the first round guys are a lot better than what they're being credited. The class isn't deep - that's the talking point. Somehow that talking point means that the guys at the top are all trash.

I don't like big unwieldy LT's. I don't like guys with balance issues. I don't like LT's whose weakness is speed. I note that Alabama has a history of oversized LT's that don't project as NFL LT's - Andre Smith, anyone?

Peppers and Foster might be there.

Well nevermind you said the Wisconsin guy. I don't know I have to do a little more studying on him, he actually looks slower than Cam though, and just as big.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'd love to take a LT at 20. I think most of the first round guys are a lot better than what they're being credited. The class isn't deep - that's the talking point. Somehow that talking point means that the guys at the top are all trash.

I don't like big unwieldy LT's. I don't like guys with balance issues. I don't like LT's whose weakness is speed. I note that Alabama has a history of oversized LT's that don't project as NFL LT's - Andre Smith, anyone?

Peppers and Foster might be there.
    Dude, maybe Cam's feet are ill, but his hands club baby seals and baby Von Millers. Like...he's got some juice, you gotta admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Well nevermind you said the Wisconsin guy. I don't know I have to do a little more studying on him, he actually looks slower than Cam though, and just as big.
    He's not as blobby as CR. He's also got better feet. He's not as strong though. Look, man, If we take CR I won't be mad. He can make in the NFL, it's just really slanted against him. However, we won't be paying him a ton of money like Okung, he should help in the run game, and truth be told if he's on par with Okung as a rookie he's still an asset that can get better.

You feel me?

I don't lump guy's into a category just because some guy's who also played there didn't pan out.

Peppers is a very talented safety but we are 4 deep there, where would he play? He is a more athletic TJ Ward.

Foster? I can honestly say I wouldn't be mad at that pick either, our inside LB situation would be set for year's with him and Marshall. Only thing is the offense will continue to suffer unless we can find a steal at LT, or one of the guys on the roster pan out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information