Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Exactly - so if he's going to be getting beaten several times a game he's not actually all that great. The top guys don't give up a ton of those.

Robinson is going to be a guard. Or, he's going to end up like another massive LT from Alabama and turn into a RT. He's an Andre Smith clone.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, show me one Great LT that hasn't been beat by an elite rusher. You can't be saying that Robinson gets beat twice a game when he doesn't just because he got beat twice vs the number one pick? Who he owned the entire game? Whose team won 33-14? Clearly those little two times he got beat were irrelevant, and clearly he dominated Garrett to the point the coaches moved Garrett to the RT side in the 2nd half because he couldn't get around nor move Robinson.

Why are you talking to yourself? Why are you mad at yourself?
    Just had something to add to the post and didn't feel like editing.

No one's saying you can't be beaten. What I'm saying is that when you get beaten 'several' times a game by the top talents you're not going to be good.

Watch the video and note the holding that I pointed out - which occured while the dude was raving about Robinson. You can clearly see his hands clenching around his jersey as they both move to the top of the screen. That's one example that's fairly obvious. You keep saying that he owned him the entire game. Well, from what Terror pointed out, and that holding, it's hard to say that he owned him the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, show me one Great LT that hasn't been beat by an elite rusher. You can't be saying that Robinson gets beat twice a game when he doesn't just because he got beat twice vs the number one pick? Who he owned the entire game? Whose team won 33-14? Clearly those little two times he got beat were irrelevant, and clearly he dominated Garrett to the point the coaches moved Garrett to the RT side in the 2nd half because he couldn't get around nor move Robinson.
    I'm confused. Are you arguing in favor of Cam or against?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Lol you guy's clearly don't know what you are watching, Von might not get a sack every game but von isn't played 1 on 1 consistently either, Garrett had all day to battle cam 1 on 1 to the point the coaches says abort abort abort and moved him to the RT side. That is owning your match up.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I'm confused. Are you arguing in favor of Cam or against?
    It's clear that I've been saying cam owned Garrett, the film dont lie.

Oh god.

The point isn't to say that you have to get a sack a game to be a good pass rusher. The point is that you can be beaten in more than just the obvious sack/QB hit. I pointed out one very clear way in which Robinson was beaten. You know, the hold.

Here's a thought - maybe the coaches moved him because he was doing fine in the matchup but because they, the Aggies, were behind, they needed to try to get a better matchup. All you're doing is say 'he owned him he owned him he owned him'. It's circular logic, or presupposes its own conclusion.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's clear that I've been saying cam owned Garrett, the film dont lie.
    Are you a scientist by trade?

Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

No one's saying you can't be beaten. What I'm saying is that when you get beaten 'several' times a game by the top talents you're not going to be good.

Watch the video and note the holding that I pointed out - which occured while the dude was raving about Robinson. You can clearly see his hands clenching around his jersey as they both move to the top of the screen. That's one example that's fairly obvious. You keep saying that he owned him the entire game. Well, from what Terror pointed out, and that holding, it's hard to say that he owned him the entire game.
    Garrett was owned by cam the entire game, outside of maybe 2 plays and you think that's bad on cam? Lol, the guy who is owned for 60 plays is the winner, and the guy who is owned twice is the loser...... That makes zero sense. I don't care how anybody wants to try and spin it. Garrett got owned. The film don't lie. The rest is opinions and that means very little when there's actual film.

Myles owned him the entire game! He owned him! Owned! Owned! Owned!

See how constructive that is?

Oh god.

The point isn't to say that you have to get a sack a game to be a good pass rusher. The point is that you can be beaten in more than just the obvious sack/QB hit. I pointed out one very clear way in which Robinson was beaten. You know, the hold.

Here's a thought - maybe the coaches moved him because he was doing fine in the matchup but because they, the Aggies, were behind, they needed to try to get a better matchup. All you're doing is say 'he owned him he owned him he owned him'. It's circular logic, or presupposes its own conclusion.
    All you are doing is making up hypothetical stuff that's irrelevant, maybe this maybe that, or maybe he just got his ass handed to him like the film says. So what If he held ONE time, holding happens almost every play. For 15 minutes of film he wasn't holding, he was stuffing his ass, pancakes and all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    He has been suspect on speed several times. Garrett also man handled him and pushed him around. LSU edge rushers beat him around edge too. I posted that as well.
    I've seen all his Draft Breakdowns and He does get beat by speed rushers, most T's do. Garret is a 4.5 launching out of a 3-point stance, Robinson is a 5.1 going sideways and in reverse. The fact that he went toe to toe with the best DE in college should be a good thing.

Besides that, he's experienced in a pro style running game too.

I'd try him at LT as a rookie, can't be any worse than what they've had the last two seasons. If you can improve at LT in the future then do so, it's not like there's no spots available on this OL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Myles owned him the entire game! He owned him! Owned! Owned! Owned!

See how constructive that is?
    But you cannot prove it, I've already proved it with actual VIDEO.

All you are doing is making up hypothetical stuff that's irrelevant, maybe this maybe that, or maybe he just got his ass handed to him like the film says. So what If he held ONE time, holding happens almost every play. For 15 minutes of film he wasn't holding, he was stuffing his ass, pancakes and all.
    So the blatant holding doesn't matter? It doesn't matter that he was beaten on the outside and the refs missed a hold - it doesn't matter that he collapsed the pocket and the QB had to take off?

I guess the refs will always miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I thought Cam owned Garrett in 2016 game, considering Garrett is an all-world OLB/DE prospect.
    Look at this quote, for instance - considering how good Garett is, Robinson did well. Note that it's not 'considering how good Robinson, Garrett did well.

DT, you can watch that film again and see what NT is referring to. Robinson isn't built to stop the speed rushers in the NFL.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information