Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The years of playing flootball would have an equal impact on his body. So, when he's 30 he'll likely have the same mileage left that other tackles would at 28. Hypothetically, he should be a viable tackle into his mid 30's. Besides, if we get 5 years of quality production from him it will be worth the #20 pick. He has a lot of upside and should he a good blind side protector.
    The age = 25 arguments, I don't get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Bolles age is a non factor, you have o line guys playing until they are 34-35 year's old. If we can get 7-10 year's of good LT play then yeah the pick was well worth it. He'd be able to play until 35 at the minimum barring any huge catastrophic injuries. At that age of 25 you can't afford to miss 2-3-4 season's with injuries.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Bolles age is a non factor, you have o line guys playing until they are 34-35 year's old. If we can get 7-10 year's of good LT play then yeah the pick was well worth it. He'd be able to play until 35 at the minimum barring any huge catastrophic injuries. At that age of 25 you can't afford to miss 2-3-4 season's with injuries.
    The frequency of hitting a third contract is so low these days. Not sure how it's relevant.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    https://youtu.be/s1Dz6-Xs0Y0

Here is robinson being abused by Garrett. Its not pretty. Bull rush. Speed rush.
    A, that reach block for any OL is tough, Garrett's speed to power is rare.

B. There's only a handful of NFL players that can bend the edge like that. One of them plays for Denver and another just retired from Broncos.

C, Two plays.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    A, that reach block for any OL is tough, Garrett's speed to power is rare.

B. There's only a handful of NFL players that can bend the edge like that. One of them plays for Denver and another just retired from Broncos.

C, Two plays.
    He has been suspect on speed several times. Garrett also man handled him and pushed him around. LSU edge rushers beat him around edge too. I posted that as well.

He has been suspect on speed several times. Garrett also man handled him and pushed him around. LSU edge rushers beat him around edge too. I posted that as well.
    Dude watch the entire evidence, if you are seeking out bad plays that's all you are going to find.
    https://youtu.be/Wj0lBw9LyA8

Cam Robinson more than held his own vs him. I watched that tape 3 times now and absolutely loved what I seen. Majority of the time he was blocking and he number 1 pick out of the play.
    Last edited by DT88TheGreat; 04-24-2017 at 02:08 PM.

There also wasn't no reason tightend over there helping him as you said. Robinson was handling his business over there on a island.

There's also footage of bolles being owned, but is that an indictment on his entire ability? No. Cam is what 3-4 years younger than bolles and has faced alot of superior talent in the SEC and still came out with a first round grade.

Isn't Garrett number 15? Lol im not sure anybody wants to use Robinson tape from that match up to try and knock him. He totally won that match up.

Please watch.......

At this point I am 100% in favor of drafting cam @ 20. This guy might have his bumps and bruises as he learns the game at LT in the pro's but he is definitely a day one starter and will be effective.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Isn't Garrett number 15? Lol im not sure anybody wants to use Robinson tape from that match up to try and knock him. He totally won that match up.

Please watch.......
    Watch the game film again. Garrett pushed rombinson ahead ovet and over to makes tackles for a loss on RB. He held is own partially because the QB ran so often. LSU game he had TE help several times. I expect a top LT prospect to man handle average college players.

Several playa he was beat luckily it was running play other side and not a passing play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Watch the game film again. Garrett pushed rombinson ahead ovet and over to makes tackles for a loss on RB. He held is own partially because the QB ran so often. LSU game he had TE help several times. I expect a top LT prospect to man handle average college players.

Several playa he was beat luckily it was running play other side and not a passing play.
    Are you saying Garrett is an average player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    That's exactly what he just said. However he keeps on saying how Robinson was blown up, how Robinson looked decent because the qb ran, buy has zero evidence to back up those claims, meanwhile I just posted 15 minutes of film that proved him wrong on the matter and he jumped to LSU..... Lol

The fact of the matter is the film I just posted had Robinson winning the match up. He pancaked guys, he opened up big running lanes, he sealed off the edge for running lanes and he kept Garrett and company off his QB blind side. Id urge night terror to actually watch that video because he clearly didn't watch it. There is noway you can watch that video of #15 being ineffective in those 15 minutes of film. Pay attention to the film and how they tried to move Garrett to the other side of the line in the second half because it just wasn't working for him consistently vs Cam.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I thought Cam owned Garrett in 2016 game, considering Garrett is an all-world OLB/DE prospect.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Nope. But saying that robinson held him in check is not true.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

That's exactly what he just said. However he keeps on saying how Robinson was blown up, how Robinson looked decent because the qb ran, buy has zero evidence to back up those claims, meanwhile I just posted 15 minutes of film that proved him wrong on the matter and he jumped to LSU..... Lol

The fact of the matter is the film I just posted had Robinson winning the match up. He pancaked guys, he opened up big running lanes, he sealed off the edge for running lanes and he kept Garrett and company off his QB blind side. Id urge night terror to actually watch that video because he clearly didn't watch it. There is noway you can watch that video of #15 being ineffective in those 15 minutes of film. Pay attention to the film and how they tried to move Garrett to the other side of the line in the second half because it just wasn't working for him consistently vs Cam.
    I posted two videos and evidence of him being beat. Along with numerous draft experts pointing out his flaws. Only thing i didnt do was hold your hand and give you time stamps for all the times he was beat.

I said that he was helped out by the fact that bama runs the hell out of the ball....away from him and a running QB.

Go watch the damn video you will see him abused by garrett and lsu DL.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information