Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's above average at just about everything from what I've read - I'll have to take your word on the footwork, though that's not what I've read.
    Well, if you want some cold water (more like tepid or lukewarm, not cold), here is Voch Lombardi's take.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I feel you bro. Mayock is the draft guy I trust the most and he leans towards Ram being a first rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I feel you bro. Mayock is the draft guy I trust the most and he leans towards Ram being a first rounder.
    Does Mayock offer any evidence to justify his process? I'm sure he has his reasons, but guys like us demand a higher empirical standard, right?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Does Mayock offer any evidence to justify his process? I'm sure he has his reasons, but guys like us demand a higher empirical standard, right?
    He does - let me take a royal deuce and I'll dig some up.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    are we talking Money Ball type stuff cuz that seems to have worked really well and Cleveland LOL. I understand what you're saying I Rely heavily on football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus legitimate numbers. So I actually have liked a lot of their pre-draft stuff over at Pro Football Focus. Theyve done a lot more intensive work this year than they had in previous years. That said there is no doubt when you look at all three of the top tackles the Ramczyk. is the more polished player. When it's a crapshoot on all three of them. I think if I'm drafting a tackle late in the first round I go with the guy who has a lower floor. I think the frustrating thing is we really don't know what is athletic ability is because coming off the hip surgery he not been available to really work out

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    are we talking Money Ball type stuff cuz that seems to have worked really well and Cleveland LOL. I understand what you're saying I Rely heavily on football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus legitimate numbers. So I actually have liked a lot of their pre-draft stuff over at Pro Football Focus. Theyve done a lot more intensive work this year than they had in previous years. That said there is no doubt when you look at all three of the top tackles the Ramczyk. is the more polished player. When it's a crapshoot on all three of them. I think if I'm drafting a tackle late in the first round I go with the guy who has a lower floor. I think the frustrating thing is we really don't know what is athletic ability is because coming off the hip surgery he not been available to really work out
    You have a PFF subscription of some kind?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default The Top Tackles of the 2017 Draft Class

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-ranking-the-top-o-line-prospects-entering-the-2017-draft/

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Any other draft and you throw these tackles in there. They would all be day 2 prospects. Top 3...2 are first year starters in division I football. Robinson is a fense guy where some see him as tackle and some as guard. He has poor feet but a mauler.

I wish mayock was right when he said knowshon would be all pro for 10 year's.

I really hope we draft the tight end from Miami at 20, but if they go with one of the LT I just hope they can play decent this year and develop into a good LT. But I think there's way too many skill position players with higher grades to be had at 20 like Ross, maybe Cook, anjoku, peppers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    I wish mayock was right when he said knowshon would be all pro for 10 year's.
    ...And when he said that Robert Ayers would be the best defensive player of that draft in 3 years.

14. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Any other draft and you throw these tackles in there. They would all be day 2 prospects. Top 3...2 are first year starters in division I football. Robinson is a fense guy where some see him as tackle and some as guard. He has poor feet but a mauler.
    I strongly disagree. NT have you watched any film on these guys or are you just going by what some of the draft 'experts' say?

I am beginning to wonder if Elway and company might take a shot at Lamp at 20....assuming he drops. He did play tackle in college and is the most technically sound lineman in this draft. If it wasn't for the T-rex arms he would be the top tackle prospect in this draft. Perhaps they try him out at LT. He said at the senior bowl that some teams talked to him about playing LT in the NFL. Worst case scenario, he fails at LT and you move him over to guard to play at a pro bowl level for years.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-15-2017 at 03:13 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am beginning to wonder if Elway and company might take a shot at Lamp at 20....assuming he drops. He did play tackle in college and is the most technically sound lineman in this draft. If it wasn't for the T-rex arms he would be the top tackle prospect in this draft. Perhaps they try him out at LT. He said at the senior bowl that some teams talked to him about playing LT in the NFL. Worst case scenario, he fails at LT and you move him over to guard to play at a pro bowl level for year.
    That's a sharp observation, Ziggy. I think that it could be quite real, because Elway mentioned that Watson might play LT for us. So, if that's true, we either have two guys who can play some LT, or a starting LG who can get some work and eventually proceed to LT. FWIW, that's how Whitworth started out.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    ...And when he said that Robert Ayers would be the best defensive player of that draft in 3 years.
    how could I forget about Rob Ayers as well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information