Thread: Director Brett Ratner makes claim that Rotten Tomatoes is hurting the movie business

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Director Brett Ratner makes claim that Rotten Tomatoes is hurting the movie business

And of course he is a complete moron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...troying-movies

Director Brett Ratner says the film review site Rotten Tomatoes is damaging Hollywood."The worst thing that we have in today's movie culture is Rotten Tomatoes," he told an audience at the Sun Valley Film Festival.
    "I think it's the destruction of our business."
    Brett Ratner directed the Rush Hour franchise, and his company RatPac Entertainment co-financed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
    He suggested that the way the site aggregates reviews is unfair.

1) You make a statement that BvS did extremely well at the box office so that contradicts your theory that RT is hurting Hollywood.

2) Maybe if you guys spent more time creating new movies and not rehashing old ones with subpar remakes you would not run into these problems with the critiques.

3) For years Hollywood made their name using movie critiques but now all of a sudden hold no value and are destroying Hollywood.

Um, no. Just no. Much like music people are no longer stuck with taking the word of 4-5 reviewers and can get a much broader review base to make their determinations from. The very fact that other movies in Hollywood have done well with critics and won awards means that RT is not doing any damage at all. Also, just because a movie does well financially does not mean that its really a good movie and vice versa. RT actually does a better job of challenging Brett's notion on this.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/...otten-tomatoes

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I've never read a RT review. So when I say Star Wars VII was terrible, it's my opinion that I derived at myself. So don't blame RT for making a very disappointing move.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

I like Rotten Tomatoes. I pay attention to their reviews

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I like Rotten Tomatoes. I pay attention to their reviews
    Then you bear part of the blame for how bad SW VIII was. If RT didn't exist, it would've been as good as the original (before they started messing with what didn't need messing with. Han shot, Greedo died, end of discussion).
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I will check RT, and I'm not sure they are accurate. I was pleased when they gave Mad Max Fury Road such high reviews because I felt exactly the same. In general it seems fine, but you have to grain of salt it. Who knows if users and critics like the same stuff you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I use IMDB and RT to hone in directionally... Like if I'm considering renting 2 different movies, I'll see which one has a higher score. Rarely do I find that they are totally detached from the experience.

I think the thing killing the industry is all of the shitty movies they make.

I found North's #2 critique ironic since he has literally seen every single shitty remake that has ever come out!

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I don't look at review sites because its personal opinion and will have nothing to do with how I enjoy movies/music. I don't need to look at a review site to know that the movie industry is producing absolute crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I think the critics are a joke.

RT rated Assassins Creed, Troy, Tron Legacy, Top Gun, Armageddon as awful less then 50%.

and gave Blair Witch Project, Sharkanado, Juno, and some other bullshit films 80% or higher.

Its a joke

13. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I found North's #2 critique ironic since he has literally seen every single shitty remake that has ever come out!

I may have seen them but it doesnt mean they were good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I may have seen them but it doesnt mean they were good.
    Yeah but it doesn't matter what you think of them because you are complicit with your wallet. You and Shake are enablers of all these horrible movies that get made.

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

RT rated Assassins Creed, Troy, Tron Legacy, Top Gun, Armageddon as awful less then 50%.

and gave Blair Witch Project, Sharkanado, Juno, and some other bullshit films 80% or higher.

Its a joke
    Sharknado was that low?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I will let a high RT score influence me to see a movie but I rarely let a low RT score influence me to not see a movie.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Its a joke
    Juno deserved every bit of that +80% score, that movie is great.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I will let a high RT score influence me to see a movie but I rarely let a low RT score influence me to not see a movie.
    That's how I view it, for the most part. Occasionally I might wait until something comes out in a red box or on Amazon instead of watching it at the theater if it has a little RT score

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information