Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL proposes rules changes for 2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you're correct, they aren't going to lose any ad money. . . goodell's brilliant idea is to have fewer commercial breaks, but make them even longer. . .
    This might help me out when a commercial break hits but the wings I just ate are rebelling in my belly!

#bellyrebellion
    #Idonecrackedtheporcelain
    #silverlining
    #godIhopethetoiletpaperisthere
    #definitelywashyourhands
    #commerical
    #commercialbreak
    #posts
    #hashtag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you're correct, they aren't going to lose any ad money. . . goodell's brilliant idea is to have fewer commercial breaks, but make them even longer. . .
    Except it's a great idea. Gives fans at the game more time to go to the bathroom/get concessions and get back to their seats, and there are less overall interruptions. Each break being 30 seconds longer will be barely noticeable, but having fewer breaks total will definitely be noticeable.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yea, if they are going to do that....just give them the point and fire the kickers.
    As they should've from the start: You can have a "free" (once you score a TD) single point, or go double or nothing trying to reach the end zone again from the 2.

Clear, simple, flexible and (unlike moving kicks to the 15) not arbitrary. I still want to know how they decided kicks are bad from the 2 but fine from the 15. Why not the 20? Or the 30? Why not the 23.86063 yard line? Makes as much sense as the 15 or any other random number.

As to the other popular topic of discussion here: Back when The Hidden Game of Football suggested "just make a TD=7 pts," it further noted one reason they won't do that is because the time when teams are swapping their offense for their PAT team is when networks show the umpteen obligatory multi-angle TD replays. If they couldn't do it then they'd have to cut into the post-TD ads to show replays, and "TV gives up commercials about as easily as the Russian army gave up Stalingrad."
    Last edited by Joel; 03-28-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The @NFL's no leaping rule for field goals passed, I'm told. Not a surprise. All about player safety

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 7m7 minutes ago

Per source, the rule to shrink OT to 10 minutes was tabled. There were nine teams opposed to it.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 28m28 minutes ago

Proposal to put the ball at the 20 if the kicker puts it through the uprights got 11 votes. Not enough. That proposal is ... no good.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 28m28 minutes ago

The NFL rule on automatic ejections for egregious hits to the head was approved. Sounds like the competition committee expected this

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh man, I can't wait to see all the triggered outrage when the first guy gets ejected for targeting. It's going to be glorious.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh man, I can't wait to see all the triggered outrage when the first guy gets ejected for targeting. It's going to be glorious.
    The league has to almost pray that a known dirty player launches themselves crown first into a player, from behind, five seconds after the play is over, damn near on the sideline, while the targeted player is rescuing an orphan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The league has to almost pray that a known dirty player launches themselves crown first into a player, from behind, five seconds after the play is over, damn near on the sideline, while the targeted player is rescuing an orphan.
    😂🤣😆

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Just what the NFL needed, more rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

15 needs a better explanation, because the way it's worded is really, really stupid and obviously not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    15 needs a better explanation, because the way it's worded is really, really stupid and obviously not the case.
    It's perfectly clear, if you fake an injury to stall the clock with less than two minutes left you will be arrested.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It's perfectly clear, if you fake an injury to stall the clock with less than two minutes left you will be arrested.
    Well spiking the ball and running out of bounds are also "actions to conserve time." We are going to need some good lawyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Well spiking the ball and running out of bounds are also "actions to conserve time." We are going to need some good lawyers.
    I don't care. I'm dying to see Boston's finest try to get cuffs on Gronk.

I thought so too, because it's really hard to tell what the hell they're talking about there. The best I could find on Twitter was this, when someone asked if spiking the ball would be "illegal" under that wording:

Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs‏Verified account @footballzebras 7m7 minutes ago

Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs Retweeted Chaches Sr.

That is still legal. Rule change is the 10-sec runoffs (false start, grounding, injuries) that are at 1:00 to go in half are now at 2:00 wng

23. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information