Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default UFC thread

So I am going to give this sport a go.

Please post details of the next fight worth watching and who the best fighters are

Every time I see a post in the Muhammad Ali and the fight game thread, I think it is boxing, hence this more specific thread.
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 03-19-2017 at 04:05 AM.

I've decided to get into this sport a little as well. We can learn together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I have enjoyed watching George St. Pierre fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rednecks beating up rednecks without it being considered a crime.

Yay!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Rednecks beating up rednecks without it being considered a crime. Yay!
    As opposed to white color kids homoerotically flirting with each other. Wrestling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'd fight MMA. I guess that makes me a redneck? Oh noes, how will I go on with MO's disapprobation?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    As opposed to white color kids homoerotically flirting with each other. Wrestling.
    I'm just saying, if this sport is performed in a park it's a crime. Wrestling, not a crime.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm just saying, if this sport is performed in a park it's a crime. Wrestling, not a crime.
    Says the NFL fan. lol. What is your point?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Says the NFL fan. lol. What is your point?
    It's like, still not a crime. I played football in the park growing up and it never even close to a crime, even when we tackled. If I punched someone, yeah, like, that's a crime.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It's like, still not a crime. I played football in the park growing up and it never even close to a crime, even when we tackled. If I punched someone, yeah, like, that's a crime.
    Crime? You read off the definition of assault to me, describe the widespread appeal of tackle football to fans, and report back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I just watched the Diaz v GSP UFC 158. I had not seen that. What a great fight between two incredible athletes. The post-fight exchange.

Sport at its finest.

edit: youtube took down the vid, so I took down my embed of it
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 03-19-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Crime? You read off the definition of assault to me, describe the widespread appeal of tackle football to fans, and report back.
    Ok, MO. I guess I have to do this.

http://thelawdictionary.org/assault/
    An unlawful attempt or offer. on the part of one man, with force or violence, to inflict a bodily hurt upon another. An attempt or offer to beat another, without touching him; as if one lifts up his cane or his fist in a threatening manner at another ; or strikes at him, but misses him. 3 Bl. Comm. 120; 3 Steph. Comm. 469. Aggravated assault is one committed with the intention of committing some additional crime; or one attended with circumstances of peculiar outrage or atrocity.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-nfl-football
    Okay, I think it’s a safe bet to say we don’t feel a player’s physical pain, nor do we want to. That is why they get the big bucks, and we eat nachos and watch the game from the safe confines of our living rooms.

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is a family friend. Grew up next door to my brother house. He was in my nephew's wedding. He's about the only reason I ever watch the UFC.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    So I am going to give this sport a go.

Please post details of the next fight worth watching and who the best fighters are

Every time I see a post in the Muhammad Ali and the fight game thread, I think it is boxing, hence this more specific thread.
    sorry for the confusion, I started the thread to point out how much Ali had influenced a particular mma fighter, Dominic Cruz. I'll try to provide a little context for you prior to the next mma card.

Rednecks beating up rednecks without it being considered a crime.

Yay!
    There are 11 weight classes (3 women, 8 men) and of those respective weight classes the belt holders are:

3 Brazilians
    3 African Americans
    1 Irishman (white)
    1 Englishman (white)
    1 Polish (white)
    2 white Americans

There are no rednecks among the 5 belt holders who are Caucasian.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I have enjoyed watching George St. Pierre fight.
    GSP signed a contract to return. He'll be fighting Michael Bisping for the middleweight title in May or June I believe. I'm not wild about the matchup, but it will be nice to see him return.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information