dude tony is a warrior but jsut got destroyed by a lethal counter puncher

4. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    UFC 249.

bra.

That knock out was viscous.

It was so fun to have sport again last night, and it was a great card to boot.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

We are robbed of the Tony vs Khabib fight, though. Gaejthe is going to get killed by Khabib. You either stay off the cage or get destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    We are robbed of the Tony vs Khabib fight, though. Gaejthe is going to get killed by Khabib. You either stay off the cage or get destroyed.
    I’m not so sure. I think Gaethje has as good of a shot of beating him as anyone in that division.

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I’m not so sure. I think Gaethje has as good of a shot of beating him as anyone in that division.
    Which is almost zero. Gaejthe is an above average fighter who peaked. If he goes near the fence, if he can't stay off the fence, he losses. The best MMA strikers are still average at best boxers. You would need to find a guy who has a brutal ground game and take down defense, that can also stop the unique variety of Khabib, who also has real hands. Not 'MMA' hands, real hands. Not just knockout power hands, real hands.

It's a shame because I used to really like Khabib.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

mcgregor got something for khabib in the rematch

13. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

mcgregor got something for khabib in the rematch
    No, he doesn't. McGregor is a great striker whose good for two rounds, three at most. Khabib abused him.

McGregor's best chance of winning is landing a weird strike like the shoulder strike he caught Cowboy with. If they fought 100 times, McGregor losses 97 of them, if I'm being generous.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

No, he doesn't. McGregor is a great striker whose good for two rounds, three at most. Khabib abused him.

McGregor's best chance of winning is landing a weird strike like the shoulder strike he caught Cowboy with. If they fought 100 times, McGregor losses 97 of them, if I'm being generous.
    Mcgregor was drunk on fame and being rich at that point. He didnt look like the same fighter. He is refocused now.

Mcgregor was drunk on fame and being rich at that point. He didnt look like the same fighter. He is refocused now.
    Khabib violated his spirit. McGregor is not what you think he is. I'm sorry. He will always let you down when he has to face a greater foe. He couldn't beat Floyd when that old man didn't train until the last two weeks. He couldn't beat Khabib and most people knew that. He couldn't prove them wrong. He won't prove them wrong on Khabib again, either. Khabib is an actual all-time great. McGregor probably isn't.

Ireland could never stand before Russia.

Which is almost zero. Gaejthe is an above average fighter who peaked. If he goes near the fence, if he can't stay off the fence, he losses. The best MMA strikers are still average at best boxers. You would need to find a guy who has a brutal ground game and take down defense, that can also stop the unique variety of Khabib, who also has real hands. Not 'MMA' hands, real hands. Not just knockout power hands, real hands.

It's a shame because I used to really like Khabib.
    Khabib is a mauler with elite ground and pound. He is not one of the better strikers in that weight class. Gaethje is a better striker, and was also an all American wrestler in college, so he might have the take down defense needed. If it stays upright Gaethje wins.
    Having said that, I wouldn’t pick Gaethje to win. I wouldn’t pick anyone to beat that guy unless he moves up to welterweight.

Khabib is a mauler with elite ground and pound. He is not one of the better strikers in that weight class. Gaethje is a better striker, and was also an all American wrestler in college, so he might have the take down defense needed. If it stays upright Gaethje wins.
    He's not an elite striker, but he even managed to catch Connor. Khabib can win standing or on the ground, Gaethje can't. All American wrestlers means nothing against Khabib. Gaejthe doesn't even make it the fourth.

Khabib is different. Gaejthe isn't different. He's very good. But he's a punch drunk fool. He's basically the Homer Simpson of MMA. If you want to watch that man die against Khabib, that's fine. But he has a family...a ******* family, man.

I’m not saying I would pick him to beat Khabib.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I’m not saying I would pick him to beat Khabib.
    If Gaejthe beat Khabib, it would be a bigger upset than when Tyson lost to that scrub via his fight in Japan.

Because Gaejthe is a glorified journeymen. That's all. It would be like if the zero win Lions beat the 98 Denver Broncos. Or Johnny Manziel dunking on Shaq.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information