Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC thread

I am not a huge GSP fan. I always felt like he was the king of getting a takedown and doing nothing with it. Which is fine because the opponent doesn't want to get taken down, etc.

I did love his all around style, and when people took pot shots at his retirement I thought it was absurd. He's a legend. He always came off as a great guy. The sport is better with him in it. I'm glad he's back, but I can't say that I'm a huge fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

The first episode of the new TUF season started about 20 minutes ago. I'm looking forward to seeing Dillashaw and Garbrandt square off in the finale.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I'm a huge fan of the sport. My brother trains in zingano's gym in Broomfield. Cat zingano who fought for the title last year has cornered him in a few muy Thai fights. There's something very Primal about watching two people square off and just find out who's really the alpha. I'm sorry Mo but it's achieved broad appeal a cross all spectrums. I'm a wrestling fan and you're not a fan of the sport that has provided income for so many wrestlers who wouldn't have anything to do after college and the Olympics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The first episode of the new TUF season started about 20 minutes ago. I'm looking forward to seeing Dillashaw and Garbrandt square off in the finale.
    I think Cody could have a very very very good career. You don't see many super young guys come in and beat up polished veterans like he did in the fight vs. Cruz. Cruz has always been the best athlete whenever he steps into the octagon and garbrandt was better than him in every phase. It will be interesting to see what he does in the TUF finale. But man he's a phenomenal athlete. He's got very good wrestling background and he's an unbelievable Striker. Plus when you get past the Brash exterior and you read about his relationship with the 11 year old boy that has leukemia. It's hard not to root for the kid

5. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the sport. My brother trains in zingano's gym in Broomfield. Cat zingano who fought for the title last year has cornered him in a few muy Thai fights. There's something very Primal about watching two people square off and just find out who's really the alpha. I'm sorry Mo but it's achieved broad appeal a cross all spectrums. I'm a wrestling fan and you're not a fan of the sport that has provided income for so many wrestlers who wouldn't have anything to do after college and the Olympics.
    I think it's been a few years since she fought for the title, but yeah, Cat is a tough chick

I'm in lust with the Karate Hottie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

UFC 211-

That was a great fight card.

Dave, my apologies; I had the intention of giving a preview of this fight card and I didn't get around to it. It was one of the best cards of the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I watched some british MMA on Fri with the wife - we both agreed we need to watch more, and to a higher level - we also need to get to know some elite fighters.

So next big card, give me the run down!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I watched some british MMA on Fri with the wife - we both agreed we need to watch more, and to a higher level - we also need to get to know some elite fighters.

So next big card, give me the run down!
    Will do buddy! I'm sorry, I sincerely meant to give you the rundown of last nights card. It was amazing.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

There's a UFC fight night in Glasgow on the 17th of July. Are you close to Glasgow?

Anyway, it should be a good card even thought it's not on ppv, but will be on Foxsports.

When we get closer I'll try to give a preview of the fighters I'm familiar with. There will be a few who are popular in your country.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

There's a UFC fight night in Glasgow on the 17th of July. Are you close to Glasgow?

Anyway, it should be a good card even thought it's not on ppv, but will be on Foxsports.

When we get closer I'll try to give a preview of the fighters I'm familiar with. There will be a few who are popular in your country.
    LOL, i live in Germany

LOL, i live in Germany
    Why did I think you lived in Wales?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Why did I think you lived in Wales?
    NO idea - but Wales is a fair distance away from Glasgow as well!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

NO idea - but Wales is a fair distance away from Glasgow as well!
    Well, in European terms, anyway...

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, in European terms, anyway...
    LOL yeah - i suppose it is probably about the same driving time as Kansas to Denver (total guess)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information