Your avatar is sporting a similar hat!
    Blitz your tits, bitch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

Rip McGregor
    Blitz your tits, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Rip McGregor
    Burns is a straight bitch. That's my main takeaway from this one.

Terrible night for Dana. O'Malley couldn't finish a tomato can off the street, Yana gets KTFO, Burns lays and prays and closes with about 10 illegal strikes in a miserable watch and Conor snaps his leg in the first.

Hardy getting starched the only real highlight tonight IMO.

I don't really gamble on anything but I'm tempted to just start betting all the lay and pray grapplers out there as they seem to pull out shitty decisions 75% of the time against similar level competition strikers. I can't believe they don't stand that shit up more - it's completely ruining fights.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 07-11-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Loved seeing domestic abuser Greg Hardy get his ass beat by a chubby Australian.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

We really need to get active on this threat again. Current favorites? Charles Oliveira looks to be the class at lightweight but we'll see when he matches up against islam. I love the fact that the only guy to beat Israel is now fighting in the ufc. It'll be really interesting to see how he handles this next fight.

11. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    We really need to get active on this threat again. Current favorites? Charles Oliveira looks to be the class at lightweight but we'll see when he matches up against islam. I love the fact that the only guy to beat Israel is now fighting in the ufc. It'll be really interesting to see how he handles this next fight.
    I miss Khabib. Charlie Olives vs. him is actually a better fight than Khabib and GSP was a few years ago.

Israel is probably my favorite fighter atm.

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

Who do you all have as the MMA goat?
    It's the Eagle, let's be honest
    Thoughts?

It would be Jones, but he's obviously a rampant cheater.

It could be GSP but he's had puzzling 'victories' via decision and one horrible loss.

Is it Khabib? He essentially moped up McGregor, when that still meant something, Poirier, and Gaethje with ultimate ease. I mean against Justin he didn't go for an arm-bar because he didn't want to break dude's arm in front of his parents.

But, he missed a lot of time with injuries and doesn't have a ton of defenses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Thoughts?

It would be Jones, but he's obviously a rampant cheater.

It could be GSP but he's had puzzling 'victories' via decision and one horrible loss.

Is it Khabib? He essentially moped up McGregor, when that still meant something, Poirier, and Gaethje with ultimate ease. I mean against Justin he didn't go for an arm-bar because he didn't want to break dude's arm in front of his parents.

But, he missed a lot of time with injuries and doesn't have a ton of defenses.
    I think Silva still has to be in that Convo. My only issue with the Eagle and he was supremely dominant is that he didn't have as many defenses as I would have liked to have seen. And the lightweight division wasn't nearly as stacked as it is now. I agree I think he versus Charles would be an amazing matchup. Love Israel as well. Other than the Romero fight his battles are always amazing

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

You know Kamaru is in that conversation as well. The guy that is an enigma for me is Chandler. One of the biggest issues about a testosterone driven sport like MMA is that someone like Chandler and we've also seen it with kamaru at some point because of their explosive athleticism and power become obsessed with the stand-up game. Sure people like to see people stand in trade. But Chandler if he mixed in a good dose of his wrestling which by the way is explosive if you've never seen the video of him wrestling bigger guys from his team like kamaru then go find it. Anyway if he had utilized his wrestling more versus Justin I think he wins that fight.

But there was that back and forth machismo crap prior to the fight where we're just going to stand there and trade well that's not your best tool. Sure you've got power but you're also probably the best athlete in that division. A world-class wrestler and if you look at what the eagle did he's a great example. He actually had underrated striking but he never neglected his wrestling. And it was never lay and pray like happened with GSP at the end.

17. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

I think Silva still has to be in that Convo. My only issue with the Eagle and he was supremely dominant is that he didn't have as many defenses as I would have liked to have seen. And the lightweight division wasn't nearly as stacked as it is now. I agree I think he versus Charles would be an amazing matchup. Love Israel as well. Other than the Romero fight his battles are always amazing
    I think Silva tainted himself with his losing streak and presumed cheating.

Eagle's resume has flaws, you're right. This is what I'm thinking: Khabib and Charlie won fights against a lot of the same guys, but many of those same guys are giving Charlie tons of issues. Khabib crushed them. No one has even stopped Khabib from dragging them to the edge of the cage, let alone put up major resistance. The flipside is that Charlie might be the one who could threaten Khabib on the ground.

I would also say that Khabib is the reason why the division back then didn't feel stacked. He ragdolled: Barboza, Iaquantia (who gave him a decent fight, to be fair, but ultimately he was outclassed), RDA, Horcher, and Michael Johnson. Those were guys who were cemented in the top ten/thought to be contenders. And during his career Khabib had a lot of injury issues as well; he had to overcome a lot.

tl;dr if ultimate dominance is the measuring stick then Khabib's dominance is probably GOAT to me.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I think Silva tainted himself with his losing streak and presumed cheating.

Eagle's resume has flaws, you're right. This is what I'm thinking: Khabib and Charlie won fights against a lot of the same guys, but many of those same guys are giving Charlie tons of issues. Khabib crushed them. No one has even stopped Khabib from dragging them to the edge of the cage, let alone put up major resistance. The flipside is that Charlie might be the one who could threaten Khabib on the ground.

I would also say that Khabib is the reason why the division back then didn't feel stacked. He ragdolled: Barboza, Iaquantia (who gave him a decent fight, to be fair, but ultimately he was outclassed), RDA, Horcher, and Michael Johnson. Those were guys who were cemented in the top ten/thought to be contenders. And during his career Khabib had a lot of injury issues as well; he had to overcome a lot.

tl;dr if ultimate dominance is the measuring stick then Khabib's dominance is probably GOAT to me.
    I think RDA gave him a pretty nice fight. And we were wrong to leave out Mighty Mouse in this Convo. As cringe as he is if Cejudo hadn't hung it up so early he might have been in this Convo as well. He put it on The Mouse.

21. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

I think RDA gave him a pretty nice fight. And we were wrong to leave out Mighty Mouse in this Convo. As cringe as he is if Cejudo hadn't hung it up so early he might have been in this Convo as well. He put it on The Mouse.
    Mighty Mouse fell off, and I just hate him. He's in the convo, but I'm just blinded by disgust.

Cejudo is a monster, but...meh. Being GOAT has to, on some level, inspire fans to give a shit. No one cared about him. This is rude and illogical, but also somehow true from the human condition.

Real quick: your point about Usman being on the standup train is well taken. I think that because his knees are so shot, it's easier to be on his feet than it is to use his legs for wrestling. He also wanted to make a point about cracking Jorge and Colby in the mouth. But I still think you're right. <3 <3 <3

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

24. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information