Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 151 to 164 of 164

Thread: Need some advice

  1. #151

    Default

    Shop Denver Broncos Super Bowl Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Waylon was the man! I always have some Waylon on my playlists.

    If you like Waylon give Sturgil Simpson a listen, he's got that outlaw country vibe going on.
    I am listening to Sturgil (What a name) and liking it. Definitely has that Waylon sound.

  2. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:


  3. #152

    Default

    If you merely want to be rid of the problem then you've got all the advice you need in this thread. Tough love. Ultimatum. All of that. But I think it's easy for us to be a little callous towards Mr. anonymous burnout when we haven't heard a single redeeming quality about this guy. I'm sure he has a couple or you wouldn't have invited him to your home in the first place.

    This isn't a 19 year old who is going to take it as a wake up call and get their life together - he clearly has an established pattern. So he's just going to find another place to freeload. Which is fine - if you merely want this guy to be somebody else's problem...

    But if he is really your friend and you really want to help him then I'd try to help him understand how his behavior is self destructive and help him formulate a plan for how he can help himself. Help him understand some of the observations you've made since he's been with you and let him know you're telling him not to be judgmental but to try and help him. If you're prepared to let him stay until the end of the year than I think that sets up a conversation where you tell him he's free to stay as long as he's making some progress towards being self sufficient - but that includes a real assessment of his financial situation and employment. If he's not willing to commit to that then you can't just keep propping him up.

  4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


  5. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I am listening to Sturgil (What a name) and liking it. Definitely has that Waylon sound.
    Good man.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

    WTE

  7. #154
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    55,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

    This isn't a 19 year old who is going to take it as a wake up call and get their life together - he clearly has an established pattern. So he's just going to find another place to freeload. Which is fine - if you merely want this guy to be somebody else's problem...

    But if he is really your friend and you really want to help him then I'd try to help him understand how his behavior is self destructive and help him formulate a plan for how he can help himself. Help him understand some of the observations you've made since he's been with you and let him know you're telling him not to be judgmental but to try and help him.
    I think the only problem with this approach is that by the sound of it this is something that has been tried before with his ex. Ive also known him long enough to know that (and as i stated before in this thread) that he is who he is and this is the kind of lifestyle he wants to live. The fact that other people in his life support this is troublesome as well. Just the other night he took a picture of his guitar in the NY subway to which one of his friends says "Your semi vagrant lifestyle is awesome". I think we are going to approach this as politely as possible and give him enough time to get his arrangement in order. As Missy says he is almost 30 and we are not his parents so for me to try and give a lecture at this stage in his life is unnecessary. If he hasnt gotten it by now than i dont think he ever will but as many have mentioned it is time to stop enabling him. As talented and funny as he can be if there are certain aspects in his life he just chooses not to address than there really isnt much more i can do for him at this point. So either he takes it as a positive and moves on to someone else or he resents us but either way if its a choice between my wife and i and him it will always be my wife and i.

  8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:


  9. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    28,600

    Default

    I was going to say much of the same, North, but didn't want to speak for you.

    Also - you posted that at 4:20 AM. Coincidence?

  10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  11. #156

    Default

    I'm surprised you and Missy haven't had a Come to Jesus with him by now. It seems like there would have been multiple perfect opportunities where you guys were sitting around getting a buzz on; allowing the proper moment to open up about his complete lack of responsibility.

  12. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:


  13. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    22,037

    Default

    WTE your post started out like you were going to suggest a threesome. You pig.

  14. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the only problem with this approach is that by the sound of it this is something that has been tried before with his ex. Ive also known him long enough to know that (and as i stated before in this thread) that he is who he is and this is the kind of lifestyle he wants to live. The fact that other people in his life support this is troublesome as well. Just the other night he took a picture of his guitar in the NY subway to which one of his friends says "Your semi vagrant lifestyle is awesome". I think we are going to approach this as politely as possible and give him enough time to get his arrangement in order. As Missy says he is almost 30 and we are not his parents so for me to try and give a lecture at this stage in his life is unnecessary. If he hasnt gotten it by now than i dont think he ever will but as many have mentioned it is time to stop enabling him. As talented and funny as he can be if there are certain aspects in his life he just chooses not to address than there really isnt much more i can do for him at this point. So either he takes it as a positive and moves on to someone else or he resents us but either way if its a choice between my wife and i and him it will always be my wife and i.
    I hear you, I guess my point is that if you're going to give him until the end of the year anyway - you are in a unique position to give him some beneficial perspective. If he thinks you're lecturing him then it will probably turn out like it did with his ex - if he sees it as a friend who is on his side giving some advice, maybe he'd be more amenable.

  15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:


  16. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    PAXTON LYNCH
    Posts
    34,401

    Default

    Buff is out there styling. Northman is a good person...he told me I was a Viking...ergo he must be a stylegod.

    Hey North, good luck.
    Goodbye, friend.

  17. The Following User High Fived Von Kinger For This Post:


  18. #160
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    55,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I was going to say much of the same, North, but didn't want to speak for you.

    Also - you posted that at 4:20 AM. Coincidence?

    It was more like 6:20 my time but that was pretty funny.

  19. #161
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    55,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I'm surprised you and Missy haven't had a Come to Jesus with him by now. It seems like there would have been multiple perfect opportunities where you guys were sitting around getting a buzz on; allowing the proper moment to open up about his complete lack of responsibility.
    Lol,

    my friend is a bit of an odd cat. One of his favorite things to do is simply to troll people including his friends on the web. He will just post some off the wall thing that gets everyone in a tizzy. The only thing i still havent figured out about him though is although he is very liberal he ended up voting for Trump. And im not sure if he just did it to troll people again or if he thought enough of Trump to actually put a vote for him. Just some of the things he does is hard to get a read on because as much as he likes to smoke weed and be anti-establishment i cant see any reason for him to vote the way he did. Maybe he just hates women. lmao

  20. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol,

    my friend is a bit of an odd cat. One of his favorite things to do is simply to troll people including his friends on the web. He will just post some off the wall thing that gets everyone in a tizzy. The only thing i still havent figured out about him though is although he is very liberal he ended up voting for Trump. And im not sure if he just did it to troll people again or if he thought enough of Trump to actually put a vote for him. Just some of the things he does is hard to get a read on because as much as he likes to smoke weed and be anti-establishment i cant see any reason for him to vote the way he did. Maybe he just hates women. lmao
    Well he wants to be famous because he knows what that will allow him to do.

  21. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:


  22. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Son of Bum
    Posts
    37,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Well he wants to be famous because he knows what that will allow him to do.
    To live life without any real responsibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    MY post was uber-loser spin.

  23. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    28,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It was more like 6:20 my time but that was pretty funny.
    There is only one time zone...

    MOUNTAIN!

  24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Valar Morghulis

Similar Threads

  1. Need Advice
    By Overtime in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
  2. Need some advice
    By CoachChaz in forum High School and College
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 07:17 AM
  3. HELP! NEED ADVICE ...Even Drunken Advice Will Do!
    By Sassy in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group