Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Need some advice

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just saw this thread! Had a very similar experience with one of my wife's friends. Lived with us just over a year rent free until she got back on her feet which it seemed she never had any intention of ever doing. Put a strain on our home as well as affected my wife and I. Decided a real friend wouldn't do that and essentially gave her a month to get out which is 2 more weeks than I wanted to do. The bottom line for me was if I was in that situation I would feel shittier every day I wasn't improving myself or contributing to the household. The fact that she exhibited neither trait and ran up our water bill with 30 minute showers told me who she really was, not who I wanted her to be. If you aren't helping yourself to help out those who offered you their home that is not a partnership that is a dependency. I hate to say it but sometimes people need to realize they don't have a crutch until they help themselves. Me being a martyr while biting my tongue and feeling like I had to walk around eggshells in my own home was stressful and helped noone in that situation. Ultimately everyone is out for their best interests, and if yours don't align with someone else it's time to move on.

Just my 2 cents.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Was she hot

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

North, I think you should kill your friend.

It is the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Was she hot
    Noooope. Otherwise I would have been like, "Listen... if you are going to take 30 minute showers you are going to have to do them with my wife and I so we can save water. Or at the VERY least keep the door open."

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Just saw this thread! Had a very similar experience with one of my wife's friends. Lived with us just over a year rent free until she got back on her feet which it seemed she never had any intention of ever doing. Put a strain on our home as well as affected my wife and I. Decided a real friend wouldn't do that and essentially gave her a month to get out which is 2 more weeks than I wanted to do. The bottom line for me was if I was in that situation I would feel shittier every day I wasn't improving myself or contributing to the household. The fact that she exhibited neither trait and ran up our water bill with 30 minute showers told me who she really was, not who I wanted her to be. If you aren't helping yourself to help out those who offered you their home that is not a partnership that is a dependency. I hate to say it but sometimes people need to realize they don't have a crutch until they help themselves. Me being a martyr while biting my tongue and feeling like I had to walk around eggshells in my own home was stressful and helped noone in that situation. Ultimately everyone is out for their best interests, and if yours don't align with someone else it's time to move on.

Just my 2 cents.
    Exactly. I believe we've all seen this, whether it be a "friend" or family member. I know North's intentions are good, but this guy is no friend. This guy sounds like my ex brother-in-law, but he's dead now. He decided his habits were more important than being a productive member of society, and his habits killed him, plus he was an excuse maker when it came to jobs.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

A chick friend of mine needed money so she would clean my condo in a bikini while I watched college football.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Noooope. Otherwise I would have been like, "Listen... if you are going to take 30 minute showers you are going to have to do them with my wife and I so we can save water. Or at the VERY least keep the door open."
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    A chick friend of mine needed money so she would clean my condo in a bikini while I watched college football.

How often do you expect to see Beef and Shake in such agreement?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information