Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Some season ticket holders refused renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Oh. I live in Florida.
    You fly out a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You fly out a lot?
    I didn't this year. I was basking in super bowl glory. Years past a couple times a year.

3. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i dont think so. The guy actively sold his tickets for most of the season. He should have given two seats up, when he knew he was never going to use them. I only sell tickets to broncos fans, and that is if i cant go. And i don't even have season tix. I get my half price tix at beginning of every year.
    I guess it depends on what the Broncos' aim is. If it's just to punish fans for selling tickets, then sure, get rid of them all. But if it's simply to give them to fans who will actually use them, then I don't see it as fair to take tickets away from fans who do use them. Absolutely take away the two tickets they don't use, but to me it's just petty to revoke all 4. A pretty horrible way to treat two loyal fans to be honest.

I will echo what AO said that at the very least they should have given some advance warning that they would revoke season tix if fans continued to re-sell them. Blindsiding them like that it just a really shitty thing to do IMO.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 03-12-2017 at 04:03 PM.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I didn't this year. I was basking in super bowl glory. Years past a couple times a year.
    I've thought about buying season tickets, but I'm not sure I could plan on flying to Denver once or twice a year. I also don't want the hastle of reselling tickets I can't use

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I guess it depends on what the Broncos' aim is. If it's just to punish fans for selling tickets, then sure, get rid of them all. But if it's simply to give them to fans who will actually use them, then I don't see it as fair to take tickets away from fans who do use them. Absolutely take away the two tickets they don't use, but to me it's just petty to revoke all 4. A pretty horrible way to treat two loyal fans to be honest.
    its a serious problem out here, where people with a large amount of season tickets, sell their unused seats every single game, regardless of they need the seat or not. I know some people who brag about making money from season tickets.

There is a 40 year waiting list just to get season tickets. i am on it.

Something had to be done about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

its a serious problem out here, where people with a large amount of season tickets, sell their unused seats every single game, regardless of they need the seat or not.

There is a 40 year waiting list just to get season tickets. i know because i am on it.

Something had to be done about it.
    And I don't have any issue with tickets being taken away from people who literally never go to games and only resell them. And like I said, for fans who use some and only sell some, take away the ones they only sell. I just think it's a crappy thing to do to revoke tickets that fans actually use for over half the games in any given year. And again, at least give some sort of advance warning before implementing something so drastic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And I don't have any issue with tickets being taken away from people who literally never go to games and only resell them. And like I said, for fans who use some and only sell some, take away the ones they only sell. I just think it's a crappy thing to do to revoke tickets that fans actually use for over half the games in any given year. And again, at least give some sort of advance warning before implementing something so drastic.
    they should have announced it the beginning of this season, i agree.

And maybe offer something in return for people who give up their unused season tickets. To incentivize them to do so. ( signed jerseys, etc)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

more from article

Itao said he went to Super Bowl 50 earlier in the year, and that his wife purchased a couple of commemorative jackets, one for him and one for his father.

He admits that he sold tickets for two of the four seats, but added that many other fans do the same thing. He said he can’t believe the Broncos won’t allow him to renew his season ticket license.
    Which is the problem.

This guy only needed 2, one for him and his wife/ his father.

The other two he was just using to sell to make money.

You sell the tickets to friends and family?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I want the tickets to stay Orange, if you will.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

more from article

Which is the problem.

This guy only needed 2, one for him and his wife/ his father.

The other two he was just using to sell to make money.
    I'm not disagreeing with that. And like I said, take away those two seats and let him keep the 2 he uses. That seems like a more than fair compromise that accomplishes both reducing tickets that get resold and not alienating fans who do use tickets for themselves.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Apparently Broncos did an audit and found over 2,000 people that had season tickets but didn't attend a game last year.

thats a ridicolous amount of seats not to be in hands of people who want to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Smyth said the team knows who’s been selling all their tickets by tracking secondary market sales. Prior to the ho-hum 2016 season, Broncos tickets sold on the secondary market for two to three times their face value at an average of $454, according to TicketIQ.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/09...ets-wait-list/

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You sell the tickets to friends and family?
    No. I sell them to the highest bidder.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I live in TX and I try to get to 2-3 games per year. Last year I only made it to one, but that was an anomaly. I don't like them doing this with no warning either. I'm already paid up for next year so I assume I'm safe.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information