Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign DT's Domata Peko & Zach Kerr

Elway goes bargain basement to fill the trenches. So that leaves us in great cap position to sign a few other guys.

What we need now is LT and I'd go after Clady. Get a solid #3 WR, preferably slot guy. Desperately need a TE. Who is out there or do we just draft one? Romo will be a Bronco and I think Trevor gets shipped for a draft pick. And please resign DWARE!

I can also see us taking a swing on Christian McCaffery in the 1st.

That would be a solid offseason. Alot of veterans but I think we should still be in a win now mindset.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Pretty much. We still need another coverage ILB, but 3-4 ILBs aren't 4-3 MLBs: They're the kind of complementary (i.e. role)players where top talent often lasts well into the 2nd or even 3rd rounds. That's especially true if a given draft's deep at the position (not being a college fan, I've no idea whether THIS draft qualifies.) 3-4 NTs and OTs (on either side) do NOT do that, so I'm stoked we got a couple solid ones and a very good starting G.

Left tackle though... that's a problem, especially with a couple young QBs we don't want to permanently cripple both physically and psychologically.
    At this point, I think they are all in on Ryan Ramczyk in the first round. And pray that he recovers enough from his off-season surgery to be ready. I just think that's not going to be good. Or Garrett Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Elway goes bargain basement to fill the trenches. So that leaves us in great cap position to sign a few other guys.

What we need now is LT and I'd go after Clady. Get a solid #3 WR, preferably slot guy. Desperately need a TE. Who is out there or do we just draft one? Romo will be a Bronco and I think Trevor gets shipped for a draft pick. And please resign DWARE!

I can also see us taking a swing on Christian McCaffery in the 1st.

That would be a solid offseason. Alot of veterans but I think we should still be in a win now mindset.
    You want Clady, because he's a name you know. But, he's washed up. He has hurt the same leg over and over again since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    When it comes to our first round pick i would love to come away with Howard or McCaffery. After that it really doesnt matter for me.
    Those would be awesome picks! Either would cause Broncos fans intense joy. But, how can they do it? They haven't got a starting LT! Not unless they are planning on starting Donald Stephenson at LT. And that's impossible. We can't get by with Ty Sambrailo who can't get healthy and isn't strong enough. Michael Schofield at LT? Really? Please God, no.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Those would be awesome picks! Either would cause Broncos fans intense joy. But, how can they do it? They haven't got a starting LT! Not unless they are planning on starting Donald Stephenson at LT. And that's impossible. We can't get by with Ty Sambrailo who can't get healthy and isn't strong enough. Michael Schofield at LT? Really? Please God, no.
    They may not solve that issue this year unless someone steps up or another FA trade of some kind.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

You want Clady, because he's a name you know. But, he's washed up. He has hurt the same leg over and over again since 2012.
    he didn't have a leg injury this year. Rotator cuff. And his projected stats last year prior to the rotator cuff were better than Okung in penalties and sacks allowed...soo....if you can get him on the cheap then he's a viable option. I mean shit we just gave Watson 6 mill and he was never an all pro and he's always hurt

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't understand the OJ Howard love. Other than a couple plays in the last two National Championship games the dude really hasn't done much of anything.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't understand the OJ Howard love. Other than a couple plays in the last two National Championship games the dude really hasn't done much of anything.
    Basically this is his upside. I dont think he would be a 1st round projection if he actually sucked.

Exceptionally gifted athlete. Has long arms and massive hands for his position. Tremendous acceleration into his routes. Has tools to torment defenses on second and third level. Play speed resembles a wide receiver's when the ball is in the air. Linebackers have no shot against him in space. Can turn a short throw into a long gain. Light on his feet and smooth out of his breaks. Easy separator who creates instant throwing windows when he hits the gas. Natural pass catcher who plucks it away from his body. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls and secure contested catches. Shows no lack of toughness over the middle. Can be lined up all over the field. Monster championship game in 2015 season revealed true potential. Has elite ceiling as playmaker. Lands his hands inside the frame as a blocker. Operates with wide base and attempts to snap hips into his block.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I'll take the '16 Ryan Clady.

He's far better than anyone Denver has at the moment.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Basically this is his upside. I dont think he would be a 1st round projection if he actually sucked.
    You're right North, no first round pick has ever sucked.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You're right North, no first round pick has ever sucked.
    I never said that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good point. This is why I like c-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

OJ Howard was criminally underused at Bama, like Julio Jones when he was there. I think I'd rather have David Njoku but Howard would be damn nice too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Peko was brought in to be the secret weapon in goal line offense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huolfNTLgB0

20. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

He wasn't used much in the passing game at Alabama because they are a run first offense and OJ is a great blocker. When he was given his chances, which were rare, he showed what he could do as a receiver. He also had his best game when the most was on the line.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information