Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign DT's Domata Peko & Zach Kerr

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Peko needs to be on a snap count, I think, they should go 3-deep at NT imo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Not a whole lot of $ spent either. Still got plenty of cap space to get Romo if we want him. I'm fine with getting Romo if we do provided we trade Siemian for something (I'm still excited about the thought of bringing in Sheldon Richardson). It would also be a double whammy on Houston, you know they traded Oz to get Romo. It would be awesome if we got him instead.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I'm not or haven't been impressed with Peko the past couple of years. Don't know much about Kerr.
    Better than nothing I guess.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

If nothing else, these signings show a philosophical shift in how we approach the lines. All four guys have been big and physical. We're getting away from "athletic" undersized linemen and going back to big maulers. I'm okay with that. Or as Cameron Wolfe put it on Twitter, we're not getting "punked" at the lines anymore. Wade always liked small DT's right? Seems like we want the big bodies there now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Good job John! Our only glaring need is another OT.
    Makes me think that with our pickups so far that John may concentrate on playmakers in the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Peko, IIRC, is the guy who looks like his hair is on fire. That's fine. Your NT can't be judged by stats. His job is to stand up the blockers so others can come in and make the plays. That's a good price - he's signing to get a ring after all those years in Bengaldesh.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Makes me think that with our pickups so far that John may concentrate on playmakers in the draft.
    Which I'm totally ok with. We really need another playmaker or two on offense, and I'd be fine with drafting a guy like McCaffery or one of those top TEs to fill those roles. This is a weak draft for o-line so I'd rather we draft a playmaker early instead of reaching for a tackle because we need one.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Peko is a great space eater who can generate some preasure. He is older but still has good sack dance moves with flowing hair.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Which I'm totally ok with. We really need another playmaker or two on offense, and I'd be fine with drafting a guy like McCaffery or one of those top TEs to fill those roles. This is a weak draft for o-line so I'd rather we draft a playmaker early instead of reaching for a tackle because we need one.
    Pretty much where im at.

BPA is the religion we pray too. If it really is a RB, so be it.

God...spare my soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

When it comes to our first round pick i would love to come away with Howard or McCaffery. After that it really doesnt matter for me.

Adopted Bronco:

I wouldn't brush off the Kerr acquisition. I thought he was a bit underrated coming out and in the right defense, he could be really good. He wont be a Pro-Bowl player, but definitely more than serviceable.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Good job John! Our only glaring need is another OT.
    Pretty much. We still need another coverage ILB, but 3-4 ILBs aren't 4-3 MLBs: They're the kind of complementary (i.e. role)players where top talent often lasts well into the 2nd or even 3rd rounds. That's especially true if a given draft's deep at the position (not being a college fan, I've no idea whether THIS draft qualifies.) 3-4 NTs and OTs (on either side) do NOT do that, so I'm stoked we got a couple solid ones and a very good starting G.

Left tackle though... that's a problem, especially with a couple young QBs we don't want to permanently cripple both physically and psychologically.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Peko needs to be on a snap count, I think, they should go 3-deep at NT imo.
    He'd only play on run downs anyway. He's not a penetrator. If we can avoid what we say last year where teams are getting 5-6 yards on first down then he won't have to stay on field long.

OK. I'm rather meh. I wanted to see Chris Baker who signed TAMPA —
    "The Bucs are excited about what new DT Chris Baker will bring on the field — 9½ sacks, five forced fumbles and 100 tackles the past two years with Washington — and fans will like the lighthearted personality he will bring to the locker room.

"I think I'm a funny guy. I like to dance a lot," Baker said Saturday as he was introduced at One Buc Place after signing a three-year deal reportedly worth $18 million. "But I like to win. … I'm always that guy that plays around probably a little bit too much, but that's just me. I've never been ultraserious."
    Baker is actually a penetrating tackle who generates intense pressure right up the middle. He's a difference maker. These guys are basically run stuffers. OK. That helps. But, DTs who get 4 1/2 sacks a year? That's rare. No longer can the QB step up into a perfect pocket to escape Von Miller. Middle pressure is the key and the Broncos passed on a player who didn't get a huge amount of money, but who provides incredible value.

But, there are a lot of DEs in the draft. Unlike with OT, there are guys who could come in and make plays in their rookie year at DE/DT.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information