Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LTC Pain's 5 Round Broncos Mock Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Yeah, athletes should be able to beat on women. Stupid feminists.
    It's the lack of logic that drips of political correctness.

Regardless how long ago the event happened or how remorseful the player is and showing no differentiation between a defensive faceslap and a full-on beatdown, we, the NFL, will enact a policy not to jeopardize a player's future employment but just to make it a little more difficult to scout the player. Players sit out the combine for numerous reasons but it doesn't stop the teams from drafting them. There are still Pro Days and private workouts. Sometimes sitting out the combine actually helps the player turn into a draft "sleeper" that teams then covet.

You want a policy with some teeth to it? Place a two-year ban on any player sentenced to domestic or sexual assault from the time he loses his college eligibility. Make him go play in Canada or semipro. This little combine gimmick is just a PC feel-good stunt that accomplishes nothing.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's the lack of logic that drips of political correctness.

Regardless how long ago the event happened or how remorseful the player is and showing no differentiation between a defensive faceslap and a full-on beatdown, we, the NFL, will enact a policy not to jeopardize a player's future employment but just to make it a little more difficult to scout the player. Players sit out the combine for numerous reasons but it doesn't stop the teams from drafting them. There are still Pro Days and private workouts. Sometimes sitting out the combine actually helps the player turn into a draft "sleeper" that teams then covet.

You want a policy with some teeth to it? Place a two-year ban on any player sentenced to domestic or sexual assault from the time he loses his college eligibility. Make him go play in Canada or semipro. This little combine gimmick is just a PC feel-good stunt that accomplishes nothing.
    Not to derail this thread. But a portion of your first post (some "domestic violence" sop to feminist groups) is pretty disgusting and seems to gloss over the fact that Mixon assaulted a female as if you think it's okay??? You really think a feminist group is the issue here? If Mixon has truly shown remorse then I hope he gets another chance.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, those damn feminists, being upset about him literally beating the shit out of a woman on tape. (And yes, it's on tape, something tells me if you saw it you'd understand why people have a problem with him).
    Did you see that punch, Wave? That was some straight up Jason Bourne shit that would knock me into the middle of next week. And I'm 6-2/250, not 5-6/120.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Did you see that punch, Wave? That was some straight up Jason Bourne shit that would knock me into the middle of next week. And I'm 6-2/250, not 5-6/120.
    Yep. Honestly, that punch could have done some serious long-term damage to someone. That was violent.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yep. Honestly, that punch could have done some serious long-term damage to someone. That was violent.
    Something tells me he's been around domestic violence his whole life cause he didn't hesitate a bit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I would not want to be hit like that. Holy god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Not to derail this thread. But a portion of your first post (some "domestic violence" sop to feminist groups) is pretty disgusting and seems to gloss over the fact that Mixon assaulted a female as if you think it's okay??? You really think a feminist group is the issue here? If Mixon has truly shown remorse then I hope he gets another chance.
    Did you NOT READ the last paragraph? Or did you NOT UNDERSTAND the entire context??

Where do I say that I think hitting women is okay? Where do I say we should gloss over this? I'm saying it's really weak of the NFL to ban players from the combine as if that's any punishment at all. They make that sort of pronouncement for PR purposes, not to affect change. If they want to be tough, they should have a two-year ban on players involved in these incidences but then the NFL would have to fight those decisions in court the next time a Jamais Winston wants to go from college to the pros before the judicial system catches up to him.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information