Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mark Schlereth Insists His Panties Are In A Bit of A Wad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Someone remind me when the last time was that the team that won free agency won the super bowl.
    Us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Someone remind me when the last time was that the team that won free agency won the super bowl.
    How about the stretch of 3 years where we signed Manning, Sanders, Ware, Welker, Talib, and Ward? We basically won free agency 3 years in a row, and it got us to 2 Super Bowls and won us a ring.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The Patriots don't win a SB without Revis. Signing Revis WAS winning free agency.

The trend is shifting towards free agency being more important than ever before.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I didn't realize we won the super bowl that year.

I like Stink though, he DGAF.
    I like him too, but he is a bit of a shock jock.

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I'm waiting to bitch until after free agency and the draft is over.

The contracts that Whitworth and Okung got were obscene. Desperate teams.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How about the stretch of 3 years where we signed Manning, Sanders, Ware, Welker, Talib, and Ward? We basically won free agency 3 years in a row, and it got us to 2 Super Bowls and won us a ring.
    Throw in Darien Stewart, Evan Mathis, etc. That 2015 team won with almost all the key players (outside Von Miller) being FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

But, those contracts were not outliers, like the ridiculous contract Ndomukong Suh got. EVERY FA LT was getting ridiculous money!"

That's the market! It's like that every year. Every year the salary cap goes up, and every year the players get more money. Stop bitching about it. Baseball players get so much more that the Yankees AVERAGE annual salary in 2012 was over $6M a year.

That was 4 years ago, and we're talking AVERAGE. Utility infielders who bat .270 get $6m a year. Elite players like Clayton Kershaw got $33M last year. Miguel Cabrera got $28M. And those contracts are fully guaranteed for all five years. If the guy starts tanking, you're stuck paying every dime.

If you don't develop OL through the draft, then you have to overpay in FA. Those are the rules.

And how were Denvers grades in free agency the year they won the super bowl? How were the Pats grades in FA last year? Neither finished first . My point is that building a championship team is a process. It's not done in one year of free agency. We're 2days in and folks are freaking out. Same story different year.

15. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Or until we see how the team performs during the season.

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I know I'm not supposed to say this about a legend, but this guy can **** right off, too.

That's why your fake fatass is sitting on the ******* stage making dumb commentary on the game and not in a front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    But, those contracts were not outliers, like the ridiculous contract Ndomukong Suh got. EVERY FA LT was getting ridiculous money!"

That's the market! It's like that every year. Every year the salary cap goes up, and every year the players get more money. Stop bitching about it. Baseball players get so much more that the Yankees AVERAGE annual salary in 2012 was over $6M a year.

That was 4 years ago, and we're talking AVERAGE. Utility infielders who bat .270 get $6m a year. Elite players like Clayton Kershaw got $33M last year. Miguel Cabrera got $28M. And those contracts are fully guaranteed for all five years. If the guy starts tanking, you're stuck paying every dime.

If you don't develop OL through the draft, then you have to overpay in FA. Those are the rules.
    I'm not bitching about it, Cugel. I'm glad Elway didn't pay them that much. Their contracts are obscene. You don't need a guy making 13 million a year playing left tackle to win in the NFL.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

I'm not bitching about it, Cugel. I'm glad Elway didn't pay them that much. Their contracts are obscene. You don't need a guy making 13 million a year playing left tackle to win in the NFL.
    Especially when one of them is flat out bad. Those contracts are going to hurt teams down the road when the cap doesn't soar up. It basically guarantees that a year or two from now Denver has a huge leg up in cap space.

Draft a LT who sucks. Pay a LT who sucks a lot of money. Both scenarios suck. One is a lot worse than the other. Who knows, maybe a trade happens and we get a LT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I didn't realize we won the super bowl that year.
    The culmination of 3 years of killing it in free agency won us a ring. That is just a fact.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If you're going to have a LT that gets beat maybe it's better that he doesn't make $15 MM/per.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

25. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information