Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Mark Schlereth Clears The Air!

Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Not really. It's day four, he could haul in late cuts or draft picks. Who knows. Is that line ideal? No. Is it adequate? I think it probably is. But, I also don't expect that to be the line in the opener.
    You are almost certainly right that the Broncos are not done fixing the OL. For one thing, even if they imagine Stephenson as one starting T and Watson at the other, that leaves absolutely ZERO depth in case of injury. And they've had serious injuries that took out one of their starting T's almost ever year.

Remember 2015? Clady was the LT starter, but he went down in training camp with an ACL so they were forced to put in rookie Ty Sambrailo. He lasted about 3 games before he tore up his shoulder and went on IR. The Broncos need to add at least 1 more tackle for depth. Possibly that will be in the draft, but I expect it will be via a trade.

Vance Joseph and John Elway already tipped their hands on that:

Elway said he wants to get all his team starters in FA because if you have to fill needs in the draft that is when teams reach.

Joseph said that if they don't get it done in FA, they "might have to make a deal."

Well, at this point, it's down to making a deal. And they will have the cap room to make any kind of deal soon once Tony Romo goes to Houston.

Remember that Jerry Jones isn't going to hold onto Romo forever and Houston is desperate to get Romo in there to start working with their QB coach in installing the offensive system. They don't want to wait until June. That starts them out late. So, they will have to offer some draft pick for Romo, eventually.

In fact, they are probably lying in insisting they won't trade for Romo. SOMETHING caused Jerry Jones to change his mind between telling Romo he would be released on Friday and then suddenly without warning not doing it. What could that have been but some communication from the Broncos or (more probably) the Texans about a possible trade.

Either that, or Jerry J. just realized "hey! They just traded Osweiler to free up room under the cap to pay Romo. Let's just hold the horses here. Now they are going to have to deal with me!" The Broncos have Siemian and Lynch, the Texans obviously aren't intending to start Tom Savage, no matter how much they pretend.

If they were willing to do that they would have kept Osweiler on the roster until Romo was signed, then traded him. They showed their cards by announcing "we're desperate! We just traded our starting QB who we just signed for $16M a year, one year ago."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If Donald Stephenson is the LT, then Trevor Siemian needs to start working with a sprint coach to improve his 40 times!
    When you think about it he's probably being kept around to be a backup swing T.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Well, if he improved his 40 time, they could probably use him on punt coverage too! Actually though, when the Broncos thought Tony Romo was a virtual lock, they were exploring a trade of Trevor Siemian to the Jets.

The Broncos tipped their hand. The Texans tipped their hand, so Jerry Jones is holding out for a deal. I think he's going to get it in the end. The Texans really can't just roll with Tom Savage as their only QB, having got rid of Osweiler. So, Jerry just has to wait for them to fold.

The only thing they can do if they don't land Romo, is draft a QB in the first round. Then they will be in the same situation as Denver, with a veteran late round draft pick who exceeded expectations at QB (Savage), drafting a QB to develop into that long term starter.

The Broncos can just go with Trevor Siemian and Lynch if they want to. Romo would be an upgrade but the Broncos have their starting QB returning and the Texans don't.

Sign Romo, trade him for Duane Brown and a 1st round pick. Bob McNairs idiocy has to work out for SOMEBODY (other than Oz) eventually; may as well be us.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Stephenson is athletic, right? I assume he's always going to suck and fail miserably - it doesn't hurt to try though...unless you're the QB.

OoOOooOOooOOOOOooOOOoH!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Headline should read:

STINK CLEARS THE ROOM!

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, if he improved his 40 time, they could probably use him on punt coverage too! Actually though, when the Broncos thought Tony Romo was a virtual lock, they were exploring a trade of Trevor Siemian to the Jets.

The Broncos tipped their hand. The Texans tipped their hand, so Jerry Jones is holding out for a deal. I think he's going to get it in the end. The Texans really can't just roll with Tom Savage as their only QB, having got rid of Osweiler. So, Jerry just has to wait for them to fold.

The only thing they can do if they don't land Romo, is draft a QB in the first round. Then they will be in the same situation as Denver, with a veteran late round draft pick who exceeded expectations at QB (Savage), drafting a QB to develop into that long term starter.

The Broncos can just go with Trevor Siemian and Lynch if they want to. Romo would be an upgrade but the Broncos have their starting QB returning and the Texans don't.
    Reports in the media does not make a thing true...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

LA Chargers?

I must have missed something

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    LA Chargers?

Yes, it's a real thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    LA Chargers?

Lol,,

What bench did you just wake up from Sneaks?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information