Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Schlereth Clears The Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Probably true but injuries are the deal...I'll call it after this year.
    The problem with Ty Sambrailo was always that his repeated injuries prevented him from getting in the weight room and adding the muscle mass he needed to play LT in the NFL. He's far behind his projected development curve and nothing indicates he's going to suddenly blossom into the player they hoped when they drafted him. He's a bust. DMac doesn't think he'll make the team.

I don't know about that, but they certainly aren't starting him at LT suddenly after him not making the field at all in 2016. At best they keep him on the roster, his shoulder is good enough to lift, and he gets better over the course of the season and shows enough for him to stay on the team. Then maybe, maybe in 2018. But, all that is a pipe dream probably. Most likely he's a guy who just didn't pan out due to injury. That happens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think he judged it accurately. I wouldn't have re-signed Okung at $11 million and I wouldn't have asked him back for $13.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think he judged it accurately. I wouldn't have re-signed Okung at $11 million and I wouldn't have asked him back for $13.
    Fine. Now that you've finished turning up your nose at Okung, what's the solution? Cause all the best LT FAs are now signed with other teams. Get used to it. You might not think that he's "worth" $13M a year, but so what? That's the market rate. They all got around that much. Every year the salary cap goes up, and LT is a premier position. THE premier position on the offense behind only QB.

If you don't want to pay it, then you have to draft a LT and then develop him into an elite player. Well, the Broncos didn't do that so they are forced to go out in FA and sign somebody. And that means overpaying. They don't have time to draft a guy and develop a LT for the next 3 seasons. This defense is aging and needs to win NOW.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Fine. Now that you've finished turning up your nose at Okung, what's the solution? Cause all the best LT FAs are not signed with other teams. Get used to it. You might not think that he's "worth" $13M a year, but so what? That's the market rate.

If you don't want to pay it, then you have to draft a LT and then develop him into an elite player. Well, the Broncos didn't do that so they are forced to go out in FA and sign somebody. And that means overpaying. They don't have time to draft a guy and develop a LT for the next 3 seasons. This defense is aging and needs to win NOW.
    We'll find out, won't we. It's day two of the league year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

We'll find out, won't we. It's day two of the league year.
    True. The Broncos could always find a way to trade for a LT, but that probably means giving up at least a first round pick, or a starting player + a first rounder. Especially now that teams know the Broncos are desperate. (And, no they are not getting Joe Thomas. )

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    True. The Broncos could always find a way to trade for a LT, but that probably means giving up at least a first round pick, or a starting player + a first rounder. Especially now that teams know the Broncos are desperate. (And, no they are not getting Joe Thomas. )
    Panic at the Disco!

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did people really think that Elway was going to snap his fingers and an All-Pro would sign?

Denver paid Okung to be a turnstile and now he's getting more money than Denver was paying him and we're freaking out that Denver didn't pay him that ridiculous amount?

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Did people really think that Elway was going to snap his fingers and an All-Pro would sign?

Denver paid Okung to be a turnstile and now he's getting more money than Denver was paying him and we're freaking out that Denver didn't pay him that ridiculous amount?
    Not really. Who's freaking out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Not really. Who's freaking out?
    OP clearly is.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I do think it's fair to say that Elway has misjudged the market on a couple of guys, CJ being the main one last year. I'm not gonna freak out over it, but it has happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The reason the Broncos have a healthy cap situation is because they don't pay more than what they think a player is worth.

If the P*triots did this exact same thing (they do all the time, btw) these same ******* people would be licking their asses from gooch to trampstamp.

Y'all should ask Stink to meet you over in the P*triots thread to toss some cheater salad.

Edit:

Btw, I hope the visual I just painted is as sickening to you as P*triot Envy is to me.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-10-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The reason the Broncos have a healthy cap situation is because they don't pay more than what they think a player is worth.

If the P*triots did this exact same thing (they do all the time, btw) these same ******* people would be licking their asses from gooch to trampstamp.

Y'all should ask Stink to meet you over in the P*triots thread to toss some cheater salad.

Edit:

Btw, I hope the visual I just painted is as sickening to you as P*triot Envy is to me.
    Elway had to way overpay CJ because he mis-tendered him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We don't know that yet. Running back take a beating. They get hurt. Not many play every game of the season.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think we did overpay CJ but at the time there really wasnt much else out there and he was one of the few bright spots we had the year before. But Turf has a point, in this day and age RB's take a huge beating even guys like AP.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree in the sense that the Broncos might've/could've/probably felt they could've got a 2nd round pick by letting Anderson walk.

Cap was tight last year and the tender was to let the market set Anderson value. Same with Ware and Okung this year, the Broncos are letting the market determine what they're worth..
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information