Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign OT Menelik Watson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Mantality? Sure. Quality? Not so much.

Other than Leary and Stewart...Elway hasnt brought in anything to write home about for 3 years.
    It's strange. Elway can hit home runs like he did in FA in bringing in TJ Ward, Aquib Talib, Darien Stewart. None of them broke the bank, all are Pro-Bowl caliber players or better. But, on offense? It's been one failure after another.

I think they might keep Donald Stephenson as a backup RT. I sure hope they are still intending on landing somebody to start at LT though, because Watson is not that guy. He is not an upgrade on Okung. And we need an upgrade on Okung.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Depth, I presume?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It's strange. Elway can hit home runs like he did in FA in bringing in TJ Ward, Aquib Talib, Darien Stewart. None of them broke the bank, all are Pro-Bowl caliber players or better. But, on offense? It's been one failure after another.

I think they might keep Donald Stephenson as a backup RT. I sure hope they are still intending on landing somebody to start at LT though, because Watson is not that guy. He is not an upgrade on Okung. And we need an upgrade on Okung.
    Benefit of doubt, Okung and Stephenson were reasonable gambles. Some blame to coaching staff. Most to personnel dept. Their failure is way more than you'd expect.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There are some total STUDS in this draft class. And at #20 the Broncos are going to be in a position to draft an elite TE, an elite RB in Christian McCaffrey who should have won the Heisman if the voting wasn't totally screwed by East Coast idiots who only watch the SEC, and a bunch of really good DEs who can rush the passer. I short, this is the WORST possible time to reach for some mediocre (at best) OT like Ryan Ramcyzk, Bolles and Cam Robinson. All three have major question marks.

I don't want any of them at #20. I want a star. And there are plenty of potential stars -- IF you can avoid screwing up in FA and having to draft a LT to fill a gaping wound!

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama - "Howard could be a mismatch weapon in the NFL in the passing game while also being a quality blocker to be a three-down starter. Howard has upside and could be a dynamic NFL tight end. Howard has top-20 potential in the 2017 NFL Draft."

And what about Jabril Peppers who might fall to #20? Height: 5-11
    Weight: 213 lbs.
    Arm length: 30 ¾”
    Hands: 9 5/8”

*40-yard dash: 4.46 sec.
    Bench press: 19 reps
    **Vertical jump: 35.5”
    *Broad jump: 128”
    *Best among linebackers (Peppers tied Wisconsin’s T.J. Watt for first in broad jump)
    **Top five among linebackers
    He can line up in multiple positions. If he's lining up inside, and the offense moves a guy outside he can go out and you're not in a liability in coverage.

I don't insist on this guy, but it points out that there's a ton of really great talent to look at at #20. Some guy will fall and you have to be ready to grab him, the way Elway did with Bradley Roby and Shane Ray, both of whom are Pro-Bowl caliber players.

I like OJ and C-Mac. Peppers quite the football player and obv intergalactic athlete, but I'd have to be a Wade Phillips or D LeBeau or Joe Woods to know exactly how that dude helps me win games tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I like OJ and C-Mac. Peppers quite the football player and obv intergalactic athlete, but I'd have to be a Wade Phillips or D LeBeau or Joe Woods to know exactly how that dude helps me win games tho.
    I don't know they would consider Jabril Peppers but he is an intriguing athlete, isn't he? One problem with teams is getting the defense into the wrong personnel group and then shifting formation and now you have a mis-match with a RB or TE on an inside LB who can't stay with him.

That happened to Denver in the Falcons game. A lot. With Peppers able to play both LB and S he can cover the shiftier receivers and RBs in pass-coverage, but come up and stuff the run too. He's a freak athlete and there are always ways to use guys who have freak athleticism.

Peppers would spell the end of Ward,at least in a year or two, but it would give us a lot of versatility in our nickel and dime packages for a year or two.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh noes! Elway didnt address Oline!

Meanwhile first two FA pickups are Oline.....

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

peppers is this year's honeybadger. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh noes! Elway didnt address Oline!

Meanwhile first two FA pickups are Oline.....
    But....but...but......they aren't the ones that everyone wanted! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Here are the details of the Watson contract - two year deal with a third year option. Low cap number this year ($3.5 million), different from Leary's, where all the cap numbers are similar.

http://in-thinair.com/2017/03/10/men...tract-details/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Do they need an upgrade over Okung at LT? Serious question. He's a legit starting LT in the NFL, not Ty Sampro.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:

Until i see otherwise, I'll contend that Manning and his record breaking season brought those guys here.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    peppers is this year's honeybadger. . .
    Peppers may end up a hybrid like Buchanon in ATL, but i like Gil Brandt's idea. He's not a great safety...not a great linebacker...but he's a hardcore football player. Teach him how to be a running back and let him rip.

Quote Originally Posted by northman View Post
    oh noes! Elway didnt address oline!

Meanwhile first two fa pickups are oline.....
    but are they first rounders though!??!lwejgkweuqt34gej4qietjioqeorkjgkldakgajd sglkjaeglkjad

/wet shit party
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Geez. Elway sucks getting offensive FA. That sanders guy was the worst pick up.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information