Thread: Mike Mayock in the running to be Redskins' new GM

Default Mike Mayock in the running to be Redskins' new GM

Interesting outside the box candidate ...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 20m20 minutes ago

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become Washington’s general manager, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become the Washington Redskins' next general manager, according to league sources.

Washington is not likely to hire a GM until after the draft, and it has a group of candidates that is thought to include Mayock and ESPN analyst Mark Dominik, per league sources.

The Redskins are not rushing to fill the opening that was created Thursday, when they fired Scot McCloughan. Washington easily could wind up waiting until after next month's NFL draft to hire its next general manager, per sources.

Mayock has been considered for other front-office NFL jobs at various points but has declined to make the jump from television to a team.

Hall of Fame Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who once hired and helped teach Washington president Bruce Allen, thought highly of Mayock, and the Washington organization does as well. Mayock also has a good relationship with Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...edskins-gm-job

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, Cousins isnt happy with Bruce Allen and says he wont sign long term as long as Allen is there as President. The Redskins are a complete shit show right now.

what.the.f...

does he have a background in management?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, Cousins isnt happy with Bruce Allen and says he wont sign long term as long as Allen is there as President. The Redskins are a complete shit show right now.
    Did I miss something? I could see a HoF QB, like Elway, being allowed to have a say in FO decisions. Did Cousins ascend to such status when I wasn't looking?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I've wondered for some time now why he wasn't a GM somewhere.

Seems like the time to hire a draft guru as GM would be BEFORE the draft, not after it. But that makes as much sense as the idea itself.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Did I miss something? I could see a HoF QB, like Elway, being allowed to have a say in FO decisions. Did Cousins ascend to such status when I wasn't looking?
    It may not have an effect on Allens' job security that \much you are right about. But i totally understand Cousins dilemma. He first loses all his receivers, than he asks Snyder to please trade him and is told "dont count on it". Im not sure what the kind of relationship that Cousins had with the guy that was fired as GM but it would seem that Cousins really doesnt like what is happening to a team that has made the playoffs the last couple of years. They are basically strapping him with a shit sandwich and asking him to sign a long term contract in the process. Cousins may not be Elway but if the owner is unwilling to let you go they must think of him enough to want to keep him. If thats the case than i think any kind of input from Cousins would be good to listen to otherwise the Skins might find themselves regressing even more as a franchise. Right now both fans and media in DC are absolutely stunned and confused by all that has happened the last 72 hours.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information