Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: McCaffrey ran a 4.4 at the combine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I want howard or mccaffery at 20. I dont think this LT vlass is worthy of 1st round picks. Why i hope other teams reach for top LT prospects in round 1 so ho2arx or mccaffery fall to us. Rather use 2nd on a RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I meant it in the general sense, but I suppose I wasn't as specific as I should be.
    I think there is a small sample of all pro caliber players who returned punts, Steve Smith and Deion Sanders to name a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think there is a small sample of all pro caliber players who returned punts, Steve Smith and Deion Sanders to name a couple.
    They didn't do it consistently - which is what I'm trying to say, sir. I feel like I'm off my game and not posting like the god I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    They didn't do it consistently - which is what I'm trying to say, sir. I feel like I'm off my game and not posting like the god I am.
    I get what you're saying. McCaffrey would probably only do it in spot duty down the road, as he gets more involved in the offense, but as a first and second year player I hope he does it a lot.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Peter King has this today in his MMQB - he asked a bunch of analysts where McCaffrey would be picked in the draft:

My panel of experts see him going in the teens, and three of them said particularly they think he’d be the best fit in Philadelphia, as the successor to Sproles and the Swiss army knife in coach Doug Pederson’s game plan. The Eagles are scheduled to pick 14th in the first round.

The projection of my panel:
    Draft Analyst Pick Projection
    Dan Hatman, The Scout Academy 8
    Bucky Brooks, NFL Network 14
    Todd McShay, ESPN 14
    Mel Kiper, ESPN 14
    Matt Miller, Bleacher Report 14
    Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com 14
    Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network 15
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network 16
    Steve Palazzolo, Pro Football Focus 19

Interesting: Not a soul thought he wouldn’t be picked in the top 20.
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/10/t...oys-peter-king

Most mocks I've seen have him going to Philly at 14. If the Broncos want him, they're going to have to trade up. I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Peter King has this today in his MMQB - he asked a bunch of analysts where McCaffrey would be picked in the draft:

Most mocks I've seen have him going to Philly at 14. If the Broncos want him, they're going to have to trade up. I don't see it happening.
    I can't find where I saw it, so take this as speculation unless someone can find the source, but from what I understand, we've got something in place with the Saints for the #12 pick to snag him. Again, I recognize, without being able to point to where I saw this, it's speculation, nothing more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I can't find where I saw it, so take this as speculation unless someone can find the source, but from what I understand, we've got something in place with the Saints for the #12 pick to snag him. Again, I recognize, without being able to point to where I saw this, it's speculation, nothing more right now.
    I feel like I saw this somewhere too. I really hope that's not the plan. I like McCaffrey a lot but the cost to trade up to 11 (where the Saints pick) from 20 would be brutal. We have a lot of needs and can't really give up major assets for one pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Too much to give up from an X's and O's perspective, but they might do it as a net-positive franchise value thing, from the business end.

I am not surprised by the range of [8-19]. While he's just a lightweight but instinctive running back with great receiving skills, he's unlikely to make a GM look bad by drafting him. He's also at a position and seasoned enough where he can help a team earlier in his career than other prospects.

I'd love to see him in blue and orange, but not at the expense of giving up a 2d round pick to move from 20 (if you figure the JimmyJohn draft value chart is a close proxy to GM trade valuation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Too much to give up from an X's and O's perspective, but they might do it as a net-positive franchise value thing, from the business end.

I am not surprised by the range of [8-19]. While he's just a lightweight but instinctive running back with great receiving skills, he's unlikely to make a GM look bad by drafting him. He's also at a position and seasoned enough where he can help a team earlier in his career than other prospects.

I'd love to see him in blue and orange, but not at the expense of giving up a 2d round pick to move from 20 (if you figure the JimmyJohn draft value chart is a close proxy to GM trade valuation).
    Who have we drafted in the second round in recent history that had been worth a crap? For me, I'm ok with that, we suck in early rounds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Who have we drafted in the second round in recent history that had been worth a crap? For me, I'm ok with that, we suck in early rounds.
    I think quarterback is the only thing you have to hit on in the first two rounds. Denver has not done that, and that's not a good sign. At most other positions, if you miss on a first or second rounder you can find talent elsewhere. Missing on early quarterbacks makes it tough to win.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

There were a lot of people saying he was at best a second or third round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I see the broncos moving around this draft. We have a loaded team with a few holes so hard for 10 draft picks to make roster. Using the picks to moving up or down could let us target players.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    There were a lot of people saying he was at best a second or third round pick.
    Well, that isn't true at this point per almost all experts. The closer we get, the more hyped he is getting. Honestly, even trading up to the Saints might not be enough because he may be gone by the Panthers at 9 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

To add to this, bear in mind that comp picks are tradable this year and we have quite a few of those. That will play a big part on us trading up for a specific player in this draft.

We've got an awful lot of picks to work with that we can spare to lose 1-2 of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There are two guys I'd be ok with the Broncos moving up to get before 20: OJ and C-Mac. The offense, once the line situation is adequate, desperately needs an interior threat in the passing game and improvement in the running game--both improve critical weaknesses. Besides the need, both are top 20 picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information