Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2017 Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kelvin Beachum is a sleeper FA. He's been a stud LT when healthy and he's young.
    He would be a decent signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Right...point being speed-hype sells.
    I think I knew where you were coming from. I know you understand he is a good football player. I was just doing my best captain obvious impression

Ross got the hype yo

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    What LT do you see in FA? Weak LT options in FA.
    Depends on who doesn't re-sign, honestly. There's no point naming 2-3 dream options if their teams all extend them a week later. With that in mind, it does look like there should be some decent options; maybe not All Pros, but better than any rookie we can get at #20 in a weak OT class.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Depends on who doesn't re-sign, honestly. There's no point naming 2-3 dream options if their teams all extend them a week later. With that in mind, it does look like there should be some decent options; maybe not All Pros, but better than any rookie we can get at #20 in a weak OT class.
    Now uou cant butch about elway not drafting a T in the first this year then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Matt Kalil.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Oh, he will. The irony is that when you tell him that sometimes there's not guys there to take that are worth it he ignores it. It's almost like selecting any tackle in the first round is THE thing to do.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Someone beat McCaffrey's 3-cone time--the CB from Washington. But not Sidney Jones...the other one. Kevin King is his name. NFL Draft Scout had him at #79 overall, #13 CB prior to combine. His stock should rise after a good performance:

6-3, 200#, 4.43, 39" vert, 6.56 3-cone

I was blown away by Sidney Jones' film, his hips swivel like an action figure, he moves like he's Ghost in the Shelling everywhere. Now the other UW corner does this.
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 03-06-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Someone beat McCaffrey's 3-cone time--the CB from Washington. But not Sidney Jones...the other one. Kevin King is his name. NFL Draft Scout had him at #79 overall, #13 CB prior to combine. His stock should rise after a good performance:

6-3, 200#, 4.43, 39" vert, 6.56 3-cone

I was blown away by Sidney Jones' film, his hips swivel like an action figure, he moves like he's Ghost in the Shelling everywhere. Now the other UW corner does this.
    I thought they had the best secondary in college football. They probably have 3 day one starters in the NFL.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

From what everyone says of this years draft, no, I can't, because the kind of subpar candidates everyone says are there aren't truly 1st round OTs. Contrary to what SOME people suggest, I do NOT advocate spending a 1st rounder on any random OT just for the Hell of it, no more than I support spending $12M+ for scrub FA OTs. The whole IDEA is that it takes premium picks/money to get premium players at premium positions; if that's not in the offing then no, that expense isn't justified.

But: C'mon, no one can sit there pretending there have been NO 1st round-calibre OTs in the SIX SEASONS Elway's been drafting. That insults the intellect.

Among FAs, even at this early point it appears most ships have already sailed, and Spotrac lists Clady and Will Beatty as the top remaining options. Of the two, I'd prefer the former, whose had some recurring injuries of his own in recent years, but hasn't further crippled the same leg year after year.

Scroll down and right to "Free Agent Spending by Position" and you'll see LTs have gotten more money than ANY position except WRs, nearly matching even then despite HALF as many FA signings (i.e. 6 LTs to 14 WRs.) Include another $50M to 3 RTs alone and OTs have received more FA money this year than ANY other position, and average >$10M than any other position (with Gs a distant 2nd, DTs 4th and DEs 5th; CBs are the only non-linemen in the top five.)

What are the odds of waiting til the end of the 2nd or 3rd round yet still finding a quality player at the most sought after non-QB position...?

Doesn't mean you should pull the trigger on a down class out of desperation, but there have been multiple drafts with multiple solid OT prospects we sorely needed far more than a #4 LB or #3 CB. But we went Best Player Left after Twenty or Thirty Other Teams Picked, and this is what we have to show for that.
    Last edited by Joel; 03-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Elway drafts defense first , it worked.

I wouldn't mind if the trend continues this year.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Joel is bitching that we've drafted BPA -it's helped us win and get to a SB- because the ideology of the offensive line has not been coddled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I wanted Cordy Glenn when they traded down and drafted Wolfe, I wish they found a way to get both.

I'm greedy.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

I'm told OT Cam Robinson has a visit scheduled with the Broncos.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information