Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Case For or Against Joe Mixon

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nch/100675274/

Would he do it again?That’s an essential question for Joe Mixon, the most polarizing player in next week’s NFL draft.
    Mixon fractured the face of a woman with a single blow during a gruesome incident captured on video in a pizza parlor, shortly after arriving on the Oklahoma campus as a five-star recruit in 2014.
    Mixon, 20, says the right things. He’s learned his lesson, he insists, and grown since the incident. But now comes the prospect of a team drafting a player with first-round talent, whose selection – maybe in the second round, maybe lower – will be accompanied by a haunting video.Imagine the headlines.
    Some teams won’t consider drafting Mixon, taking him completely off their board with a red flag for character. While a majority of team decision-makers proclaimed to have an open mind when I asked about their view of Mixon’s issues, at least three teams have indicated that they won’t touch him because of the violent incident. This image problem is part of the price Mixon is paying, and scrutiny moving forward adds layers to that.

Mixon’s agent, Peter Schaffer, provided USA TODAY Sports the statement that the father, Anthony Hernandez, gave to Mixon’s attorneys on March 30, which indicated that he was mistaken about Mixon’s involvement and overreacted in his initial post. Still, the timing is puzzling, years after the alleged high school incident.
    Also puzzling: What to make of the Oakland Raiders having Mixon in for a visit? Raiders owner Mark Davis has taken a strong public stance against domestic violence and contended that his team won’t take on players who have committed violence against women.

Last year, Reid’s Kansas City Chiefs drafted receiver-returner Tyreek Hill in the fifth round amid much controversy. Hill, who finished his college career at Alabama State, was kicked out of Oklahoma State after pleading guilty to a 2014 incident when he kicked and punched his pregnant girlfriend. He’s now on probation and in addition to a phenomenal rookie season, hasn’t has any off-the-field issues.
    “If you’ve been in trouble and you handle yourself the right way, positive things can happen for you,” Reid said recently, asked how he’d advise players with red flags. “I mean we’re in America and America is forgiving to a point, but you can’t go backwards, you’ve got to stay forward.”
    Which is only part of the challenge for Mixon.

McNichols in the 3rd

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I've always liked Alvin Kamara too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I've always liked Alvin Kamara too.
    I agree and with all the talent at the top. I think he's getting overlooked and it's going to be a steal for somebody later in the draft. The only bad thing is that is billed reminds me a lot of Darren McFadden any runs pretty tall for having that slender build.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I agree and with all the talent at the top. I think he's getting overlooked and it's going to be a steal for somebody later in the draft. The only bad thing is that is billed reminds me a lot of Darren McFadden any runs pretty tall for having that slender build.
    He can get low when he's not in open field, I think he has the best lean of all RB's, reminds me of Frank Gore.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

**** Joe Mixon. Used his elite athlete strength to destroy a woman's face in a confrontation that HE started and persisted with. You know who else was an amazing running back with woman beating issues? Lawrence Phillips. How'd that work out? Guy is a thug. Elway would severely damage my respect for him with that selection. Seriously. The dude hit on her, she rebuffed him, he followed her into the restaurant to give her shit about it, called her friend a fag. I understand she initiated him physically, but he could have pushed her away and walked off.
    Last edited by atwater27; 04-28-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Mixon will punch all the broncos cheerleaders

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If that young man wants or is willing to seek professional help and grow, there's no reason as to why his career should end. We cannot condemn people forever - it mitigates the likelihood of change.
    Condemning people is one thing. Wanting them on your team is another.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'd take Joe Mixon, and I have to upmost respect for treating a lady like a lady.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    **** Joe Mixon. Used his elite athlete strength to destroy a woman's face in a confrontation that HE started and persisted with. You know who else was an amazing running back with woman beating issues? Lawrence Phillips. How'd that work out? Guy is a thug. Elway would severely damage my respect for him with that selection.
    Devil's advocate here.

He was 18.

He has owned it.

Drafting him puts him in a position to be mentored by Broncos players and coaches, and gives him an outlet for redemption if that is his true mindset.

Condemning people is one thing. Wanting them on your team is another.
    So is not wanting them, no?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Devil's advocate here.

He was 18.

He has owned it.

Drafting him puts him in a position to be mentored by Broncos players and coaches, and gives him an outlet for redemption if that is his true mindset.
    the only reason he owned it is years later when he realized how bad it was hurting his NFL and $$$ chances

the only reason he owned it is years later when he realized how bad it was hurting his NFL and $$$ chances
    If someone doesn't do something again, categorically, does it matter why they stopped? I would want him to realize why what he did was wrong, and do that turnaround for the 'right' reasons, fwiw.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Well, I guess I'm in the second chance camp. I respect your stance that is different than mine.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information