Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Case For or Against Joe Mixon

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    LOL - thats such a slim possibilty it is almost laughable.

On average, there will have been over 30 previous incidents of abuse before it becomes known outside of the relationship, and it almost never starts with a knock out punch
    Cool facts that relate to other situations involving relationships. How about this situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

because it wont be a random event, violence like this is not a first time endevour
    No, it's an every Saturday/Sunday thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

LOL - thats such a slim possibilty it is almost laughable.

On average, there will have been over 30 previous incidents of abuse before it becomes known outside of the relationship, and it almost never starts with a knock out punch
    Are those statistics universal, or just your area of the world? I doubt there's too much variance - just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

because it wont be a random event, violence like this is not a first time endevour
    Never?

It's not possible for a guy to lose his cool when being race baited and do something stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Are those statistics universal, or just your area of the world? I doubt there's too much variance - just curious.
    The western world - in the third world the number increases

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Dave, are we talking about Joe Mixon?

Is so, are you bring intentionaly obtuse?

to that level - with an intimate partner, no.
    So, since this is not his partner, you think it is likely that he is abusive in other arenas of his life?

He knocked her out readily and viciously - such an action strongly, if not statistically, suggests he beats other people?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

So, since this is not his partner, you think it is likely that he is abusive in other arenas of his life?

He knocked her out readily and viciously - such an action strongly, if not statistically, suggests he beats other people?
    He has to be talking about something else.

I wish English was his first language so we didn't have these issues.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Cool facts that relate to other situations involving relationships. How about this situation?
    Hawg you are a clever dude, and witty, so i can't tell if this was a joke, a bad analysis or just a troll post.

But just in crase you are serious, those "cool facts" are applied to all risk cases, as they are common across demographics - when they are not applied, and people think it is a one off, thats when people are killed.

The most common failing found by serious case reviews when a partner seriously harms or murders their partner - is that those who knew about it, thought it was a one off and done nothing.

Abuse is a pattern of behaviour - people grow into it over time.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

So, for a person to do what he did -instantly swing with brutality at someone who could cause him no harm- it underlies other physical abusive issues. If it's a girlfriend, for instance, we likely would not see it.

This instance, via studies and information gleaned by professionals to uphold your assertion, serves as a slice of him as a person.

Am I getting this wrong?

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

OK - my bad, i thought they were a couple.

In that case we are talking about a straight up assault and that is not my area of expertise so i can't comment from any place of informed authoity

My gut still tells me this guy will be trouble and i hope we dont draft him

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He has to be talking about something else.

I wish English was his first language so we didn't have these issues.
    The conversation started as a hypothetical he responded to.

But he's now saying (I think) that even in this literal case it's indicative of abusive and aggressive behavior.

He just clarified that he is not saying this.

I want the guy to get the help he seems to need. Because, to be honest, that's a full grown man throwing a haymaker that would knock any of us out. At someone who poses him no threat, even if she is an *******. That's not a good vibe. Should he lose his NFL career over this? No. But he should have to interact with health care professionals, and let the experts do their thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So, for a person to do what he did -instantly swing with brutality at someone who could cause him no harm- it underlies other physical abusive issues. If it's a girlfriend, for instance, we likely would not see it.

This instance, via studies and information gleaned by professionals to uphold your assertion, serves as a slice of him as a person.

Am I getting this wrong?
    no, thats pretty much it (but like i said, in my last post, i thought they were a couple - so i am no longer as 100% confident in my assertion)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The conversation started as a hypothetical he responded to.

But he's now saying (I think) that even in this literal case it's indicative of abusive and aggressive behavior.
    No, he was just confused....even though I told him several times it wasn't his girlfriend.

It's like he doesn't even read my posts.

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No, he was just confused....even though I told him several times it wasn't his girlfriend.

It's like he doesn't even read my posts.
    this is the first one i have ever read

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information