Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Case For or Against Joe Mixon

If that young man wants or is willing to seek professional help and grow, there's no reason as to why his career should end. We cannot condemn people forever - it mitigates the likelihood of change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If that young man wants or is willing to seek professional help and grow, there's no reason as to why his career should end. We cannot condemn people forever - it mitigates the likelihood of change.
    I dont dispute any of that - a lot of my job is perpetrator work.

I just hate hearing incidents like this getting written off as "a young mans mistake" - or similar. It is deep rooted problem that requires both a desire to change, and a commitment to the process. If he has both, then great - but i still wouldnt take the chance on him.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I dont dispute any of that - a lot of my job is perpetrator work.

I just hate hearing incidents like this getting written off as "a young mans mistake" - or similar. It is deep rooted problem that requires both a desire to change, and a commitment to the process. If he has both, then great - but i still wouldnt take the chance on him.
    I feel you bro. It tends to be habitual behavior. I didn't feel like writing out a post hitting a bajillion qualifiers.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I feel you bro. It tends to be habitual behavior. I didn't feel like writing out a post hitting a bajillion qualifiers.
    Not a bajillion

Just that it is an inveterate problem, not a superficial easy fix.

Not a bajillion

Just that it is an inveterate problem, not a superficial easy fix.
    I'm verbose. If I did it it'd have been a bajillion qualifiers.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I haven't read anywhere that Joe Mixon has altercations with teammates, or he's a problem on the football field and locker room or even off the field. I don't see where he has anger issues. Granted I don't condone hitting a female, but I don't know what brought Mixon to his boiling point and then being assaulted by the female. I see this as being reactionary, and not a pattern of anger issues. He's a damn good RB, and I'd take him as a BRONCO.

If many of us were judged in our f*ck ups in life, very few of us would be employed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I haven't read anywhere that Joe Mixon has altercations with teammates, or he's a problem on the football field and locker room or even off the field. I don't see where he has anger issues. Granted I don't condone hitting a female, but I don't know what brought Mixon to his boiling point and then being assaulted by the female. I see this as being reactionary, and not a pattern of anger issues. He's a damn good RB, and I'd take him as a BRONCO.

If many of us were judged in our f*ck ups in life, very few of us would be employed.
    People who beat their partners do not have anger issues (domestic violence is not about anger) - many are really popular and described as great guys..............that does not mean they don't have deep rooted issues surrounding power and control and a fundamental insecurity in the vast majority of cases.

If he is assulting his partner at this level - it matters not what she has done to him, he already has a base line behaviour where he is comfortable to be abusive, otherwise this incident would not have been so extreme.

I really hope we pass on this dude

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

People who beat their partners do not have anger issues (domestic violence is not about anger) - many are really popular and described as great guys..............that does not mean they don't have deep rooted issues surrounding power and control and a fundamental insecurity in the vast majority of cases.

If he is assulting his partner at this level - it matters not what she has done to him, he already has a base line behaviour where he is comfortable to be abusive, otherwise this incident would not have been so extreme.

I really hope we pass on this dude
    I thought it was a stranger that got in his face, not his girlfriend???
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Show me where Mixon has a history of violence and being abusive, and I may agree, until then this is an isolated incident.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I thought it was a stranger that got in his face, not his girlfriend???
    I was replying to a post that suggested his girlfriend done something to him that made him respond this way.

It was a random person.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I was replying to a post that suggested his girlfriend done something to him that made him respond this way.
    Oh, okay.

But in this case there is not a pattern of behavior, just a random event. So I am curious why you are so skittish about the Broncos picking him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Show me where Mixon has a history of violence and being abusive, and I may agree, until then this is an isolated incident.
    LOL - thats such a slim possibilty it is almost laughable.

On average, there will have been over 30 previous incidents of abuse before it becomes known outside of the relationship, and it almost never starts with a knock out punch

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Oh, okay.

But in this case there is not a pattern of behavior, just a random event. So I am curious why you are so skittish about the Broncos picking him.
    because it wont be a random event, violence like this is not a first time endevour

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh, okay.

It's the one time it was caught on camera, but if he could so easily knock a female out like that, it stands to reason it's not the first time he's done it.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information