Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a pop-up camper

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That's impressive. Did you negotiate in Mandarin?

I've bought and sold quite a few items on CL. I haven't gathered much useful info to pass along when it comes to buying other than to seem legit and available. As far as selling goes - always always create the impression that there is more demand than there actually is. It never fails to motivate the buyer when they think that the item is about to be picked off by someone else.
    Nah, all the market people spoke pidgin engrish. When my wife tells the story, I made the lady cry. idk, maybe I did. Like...we were both in this zone that had nothing at all to do with a product. We were having some arcane form of intercourse. She had a cigarette afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    How did you pay for it? Cash, check or paypal?
    favors
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah, 1,600#. Should be no problem even with our Outback.
    I figured you for a 3/4 ton guy.

#shatteredperception

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I figured you for a 3/4 ton guy.

#shatteredperception
    That will probably be my next vehicle. I think you need something like that when you go into the toy stage of life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hawg will you post pics?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Hawg will you post pics?
    Can't wait...I take possession next weekend. gotta clean out the garage.

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

That will probably be my next vehicle. I think you need something like that when you go into the toy stage of life.
    Or if you just like big trucks.

I'm in the market for a truck, but it's a slow process because my budget is only $10k.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Or if you just like big trucks.

I'm in the market for a truck, but it's a slow process because my budget is only $10k.
    Good luck with that, dude. I'll keep an ear out.

Good luck with that, dude. I'll keep an ear out.
    It won't be a diesel, that's for sure.

That is true, but the resale market is viable. You can buy at $5k, own for five years, and sell at $4k. $200 a year is a fine rent for such a thing imo.
    I found one for 2k...it's older, and I'm not in the market. If I was, I'd drop the 4k on an older 18-22ft trailer (bumper pull). My buddy picked up an nice used one for 2400 last summer, full redone interior. Obviously you gotta pull it and eat mileage though. But montana is a big ass state, trailers and trucks are cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Also, as far as craigslist goes, have sold 2 vehicles, and dropped 11k on my Altima. Market is different here no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Also, as far as craigslist goes, have sold 2 vehicles, and dropped 11k on my Altima. Market is different here no doubt
    Timmy, I need a four door four wheel drive, either a chevy/GMC with the 5.3 litre motor with less than 150k or a Ford with the 5.4 litre with less than 130k, for less than $10k. Ready go!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Hey Buff, check this out..

When the wife and I were in Beijing, we visited all the markets. I argued with a chinese lady for 30 minutes regarding a 4-pack of underwear (or socks?). She started at $5, I started at 0.10c. I got them for 25c.

Craigslist you basically just make an offer and see what sticks. I wanted this transaction to occur with high certainty and sacrificed money to do so. I don't think much though...they got an offer of $4,800 for trade in from the RV dealer (they bought new).
    Sounds like everything I bought in Thailand. It was ridiculous in the market places, especially the typical tourist purchases like the elephants or the paper umbrella things. I bought a large paper umbrella that the lady wanted 40$ for, I think I got it for 7$, maybe 10$, I don't remember exactly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Growing up we had an Apache hard shell pop up camper. That was the only one I had ever seen and I don't even know if they make them like that anymore. Some old guy at a campground we went to in 1989 really liked it and offered to buy it. When my dad said no, he asked if we wanted to sell our German Shepard to him. I think he was working his way towards making an offer on me before we excused ourselves.

I actually found some pics the exact same model/color one we had. I miss that sucker:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82037909bee045868d3a2b3fdec3aa63.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	10311

Name:	4ce136e0ecfb926aa9cf56e9168dba69.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	10312

I do all tent camping now because I like the freedom of having more spots and it's easier to pack in and out, but when I get a little older I would consider a pop-up camper again or one of those little tear drop trailers.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Growing up we had an Apache hard shell pop up camper. That was the only one I had ever seen and I don't even know if they make them like that anymore. Some old guy at a campground we went to in 1989 really liked it and offered to buy it. When my dad said no, he asked if we wanted to sell our German Shepard to him. I think he was working his way towards making an offer on me before we excused ourselves.

I actually found some pics the exact same model/color one we had. I miss that sucker:

Name:	82037909bee045868d3a2b3fdec3aa63.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	10311

Name:	4ce136e0ecfb926aa9cf56e9168dba69.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	10312

I do all tent camping now because I like the freedom of having more spots and it's easier to pack in and out, but when I get a little older I would consider a pop-up camper again or one of those little tear drop trailers.
    We had one a lot like that when I was a kid. I'm actually considering buying a motorhome right now... We'll see.

21. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information