Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Troy Renck, Broncos Insider: Siemian shoulder surgery needed to get ‘bigger,’ ‘stronger’

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You are not alone. Nobody knows where that adequate, not totally terrible, LT is coming from. Maybe the Broncos do a trade, but that's becoming more and more unlikely as time passes. There's been no talk of a trade, from anybody connected with the team. So it would come like a bolt out of the blue at this point. Doesn't look like it will happen.

And FA came and went and NO starting LT. They got a RT who has been hurt and missed over half his NFL career over 4 seasons, but IF (big IF) he stays healthy, he could be a decent RT.

They got a LG. Hurrah! That's an upgrade, no doubt.

NO LT. The draft is coming up but not only is this the worst LT class in decades (according to NFL draft experts), NONE of them is expected to start day 1 of his rookie year. The best LT in this class is reported to be Cam Robinson of Alabama. Here's the scouting report on him:

As perhaps the best LT in the draft he is now expected to be GONE by the time the Broncos draft at #20. And the best you can say about him is that he's another Russell Okung? If he was really another Ryan Clady, he'd be drafted in the top 5, probably top 3. Clady was taken at #12 after all, not #20.

See what I mean guys?

None of these guys is going to come to Denver and they just throw him in at LT and he starts and is Ryan Clady. IF they start a rookie LT it's going to be a Loooong-ass year of watching Trevor Siemian pick himself up off the ground and check to see if he still has all his body parts!

It's not that we don't know WHO the LT will be. It's that it's almost impossible to tell WHERE they will even get one. Trade? The word out of Dove Valley is that there's no trade in the works. And frankly, there's no reason to hide it if they were looking to trade. Every other team they called would know after all. And they wouldn't keep it secret. Within hours, every NFL GM would know "the Broncos just called team X about a trade for a starting LT and the offered a 2nd round pick." Or something.
    some nfl temas see him as a G. He was questioned about playing guard at combine. And his stock has been sliding since the last bowl game. He started off as #1 rated tackle and OL. He is now #3 T and maybe.....maybe still in top 5 for OL.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    some nfl temas see him as a G. He was questioned about playing guard at combine. And his stock has been sliding since the last bowl game. He started off as #1 rated tackle and OL. He is now #3 T and maybe.....maybe still in top 5 for OL.
    I've heard exactly the same thing. Teams seem to have varied opinions about how Cam Robinson projects as an NFL player. I don't know, but it looks more like Garett Bolles of Utah is possibly the pick at "#20. He's also said to be quite raw, but has the potential to be good. He's also 25 so maybe more mature and NFL ready from an emotional standpoint but his age is also a detriment.

He's a 25 year old man playing against boys in college. He should probably be dominating them more than he did. Perhaps though the scouts see a guy who can be moulded into a quality starting LT at the next level. Looks like a bit of a project if that's their expectation though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll bet Cam Robinson ends up as an all-pro guard in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'll bet Cam Robinson ends up as an all-pro guard in the NFL.
    You're in good company with that opinion. Lots of NFL draft experts think the same thing - which is reportedly why he's been slipping down draft boards. Projected starting Left Tackles get taken high in the first round. Guards not so much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information