Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Troy Renck, Broncos Insider: Siemian shoulder surgery needed to get ‘bigger,’ ‘stronger’

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The 24th ranked line is not a death sentence. The line should improve this year - if for no other reason than the two guys we signed are really good against the run. If you can run the ball, even a little, you can take pressure off of the QB.

TS is also going to have to step up and identify defenses at the LoS. He's also going to have to stop holding onto the ball too long, and rectify his issues (at the end of the year) about not running when the situation calls for it.

The line should be about average. somewhere between 15-18.
    They were bottom feeders last year when they actually HAD a legitimate LT. Okung might not be great (he's certainly NOT a top 15 LT) but he got $13M a year for a reason. He wasn't nearly as horrible as the fans made out.

Now the Broncos don't have anybody at LT and all the top FA LTs are gone. It's easy to say "they'll find someone" but there's not a hint of a trade at this point according to Mike Klis and other Broncos beat reporters. The draft is coming up and it's looking more and more like Elway will just have to grit his teeth and draft a T at #20.

And that guy will be a rookie. Unless a rookie LT is just a total stud like Ryan Clady was he's going to suck pretty bad his rookie year. And that translates to a ton of sacks and QB pressures. Maybe your QB getting hurt, certainly a lot of turnovers.

We've seen that the last 3 years of course. But, at least Manning always had the presence of mind to self-sack when some defender came streaking past Michael Schofield giving him no chance.

Sure, if the OL is about as bad as last year they might scrape by. The team might win 8 or 9 games. And the Patriots are going to win 12 or 13 and the Broncos will have zero chance of winning the AFC under that scenario.

Unless the Broncos manage to land some kind of blockbuster trade that nobody really expects at this point, it's going to be a LOOOOoong season. Just realism. The Raiders and Chiefs were both 3 games better than the Broncos last year. At best the Broncos are marginally better than they were (Leary is a good upgrade, Peko (both) should be useful additions, and Watson is a nice RT if he's healthy).

But, no veteran LT is a horrible gaping wound on this team that makes it impossible to be very optimistic. If Elway pulls it off I will be the first to cheer.

But, it's not looking good as of now.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Okung was below average - finding someone below average is not hard, man. I'm just saying, Cugel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

If Lynch wins the job man...Turf I might smile. For a whole minute.
    Me too buddy, me too.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

$13 million for a bottom-15 left tackle. I just want to, again, praise John Elway for not being an idiot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    $13 million for a bottom-15 left tackle. I just want to, again, praise John Elway for not being an idiot.
    Being hamstrung by a player who doesn't perform is bad for a franchise.

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Crappy teams overpay in FA. That is how it has always been. As long as you can fill holes in FA and have a good core group then you have a good team. You never see patriots, seattle, steelers, ect. Never going after the big names or over pay new FA.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Crappy teams overpay in FA. That is how it has always been. As long as you can fill holes in FA and have a good core group then you have a good team. You never see patriots, seattle, steelers, ect. Never going after the big names or over pay new FA.
    The Patriots are a special case because they have Tom Brady and are in the AFC Championship Game every single damn year. Players actually take less $ to play for the Patriots in order to win a Championship, just the way some players (DeMarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders) did to come to the Broncos and play with Peyton Manning.

But, those days are long gone. #18 ain't coming back and you have not seen any players taking pay cuts to come to Denver now. They wanted to pay Okung $8M a year and he said "no thanks, I'll go to the Chargers and take $13M." They tried to convince Calais Campbell to take $13M to come to Denver and he said "no thanks, I'll go play for the Jacksonville suckwads and make $15M a year."

So, maybe if you have a Hall of Fame QB you can get FAs to take less money, but Denver isn't that team any more.

It's easy to say Elway was smart not to "overpay" for a "mediocre" LT in Okung, but wait till Siemian gets crushed by Justin Houston or Joey Bosa! You'll be singing a different tune then! You'll be wailing "why didn't the Broncos get a legitimate LT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Being hamstrung by a player who doesn't perform is bad for a franchise.
    Well, will it make you feel better if Trevor Siemian has his arm ripped off by Khalil Mack and tossed into the South Stands to think "Boy I sure am glad that Ty Sambrailo or the Suck-Tastic Donald Stephenson is our starting LT! At least Elway didn't overpay for Russell Okung!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, will it make you feel better if Trevor Siemian has his arm ripped off by Khalil Mack and tossed into the South Stands to think "Boy I sure am glad that Ty Sambrailo or the Suck-Tastic Donald Stephenson is our starting LT! At least Elway didn't overpay for Russell Okung!" ?
    The thought of that doesn't appeal to me, not today anyway.

I believe Okung is a jag. I think we can fill the role someone for half the price and they'll play just as well. I just don't know who that is yet.

Somebody buy Cugel an Okung jersey already.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Somebody buy Cugel an Okung jersey already.
    What is wrong with you? I have to buy his jersey because I think mediocre is better than total suck-ness?

"I have played on some great offenses [Seahawks] who had a pretty bad OL. Normally that only happens if you have a great QB [plus Marshawn Lynch] but I have never seen a team with a really good offense that had a bad LT in the NFL." -- Tyler Polumbus.

Man, Polumbus is not a really smart guy.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The thought of that doesn't appeal to me, not today anyway.

I believe Okung is a jag. I think we can fill the role someone for half the price and they'll play just as well. I just don't know who that is yet.
    You are not alone. Nobody knows where that adequate, not totally terrible, LT is coming from. Maybe the Broncos do a trade, but that's becoming more and more unlikely as time passes. There's been no talk of a trade, from anybody connected with the team. So it would come like a bolt out of the blue at this point. Doesn't look like it will happen.

And FA came and went and NO starting LT. They got a RT who has been hurt and missed over half his NFL career over 4 seasons, but IF (big IF) he stays healthy, he could be a decent RT.

They got a LG. Hurrah! That's an upgrade, no doubt.

NO LT. The draft is coming up but not only is this the worst LT class in decades (according to NFL draft experts), NONE of them is expected to start day 1 of his rookie year. The best LT in this class is reported to be Cam Robinson of Alabama. Here's the scouting report on him:

3/25/17: There is a fair amount of debate about Robinson for the NFL. One team said they had Robinson as a top-15 pick and believe that he is a Russell Okung- or Ryan Clady-caliber left tackle for the next level. Another playoff team graded Robinson late in the first round. That organization thinks a team could get by with him at left tackle, but ideally, Robinson would be a right tackle. One NFC team gave Robinson a second-round grade. That team said Robinson could have problems with speed rushers if on the blind side. They said they project him similarly to Tampa Bay's second-year left tackle Donovan Smith. This is a weak tackle draft though, so Robinson will probably go in the top-25 picks.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017O...sdr6flkaJqR.99
    As perhaps the best LT in the draft he is now expected to be GONE by the time the Broncos draft at #20. And the best you can say about him is that he's another Russell Okung? If he was really another Ryan Clady, he'd be drafted in the top 5, probably top 3. Clady was taken at #12 after all, not #20.

See what I mean guys?

None of these guys is going to come to Denver and they just throw him in at LT and he starts and is Ryan Clady. IF they start a rookie LT it's going to be a Loooong-ass year of watching Trevor Siemian pick himself up off the ground and check to see if he still has all his body parts!

It's not that we don't know WHO the LT will be. It's that it's almost impossible to tell WHERE they will even get one. Trade? The word out of Dove Valley is that there's no trade in the works. And frankly, there's no reason to hide it if they were looking to trade. Every other team they called would know after all. And they wouldn't keep it secret. Within hours, every NFL GM would know "the Broncos just called team X about a trade for a starting LT and the offered a 2nd round pick." Or something.

Man, Polumbus is not a really smart guy.
    Smarter than you apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Smarter than you apparently.
    If he can't think of any teams with a good offense that lacks a LT, and he whiffs on who the good LTs are, and he claims to be an insider but he's not actually an insider, and he was a horrible NFL player, and is a horrible analyst overall, and pretty much isn't good at anything....no.

Here are two teams with prolific offenses over the past several years, and here's a spoiler alert...neither of them have an elite LT: Arizona and Pittsburgh.

#rebuttalgod
    #betterthanPolumbus
    #killingcugel
    #everytimeyoudebatemeIdestroyyoubecauseIuseactualf actsandnotstopNFLanalysisfromstupidplayers
    #Iamyourgod
    #greatestposteralive
    #Kingmebitch
    #hashtag
    #cugelisreallybadatunderstandingoffensivelines
    #style
    #styledon
    #StyleDon
    #somanytags
    #yashistrash
    #postingwhiledrinking
    #doyourealizethatOkungwasinthebottomhalfofLT's?
    #howthe****doesSDgivingOkungabigcontractactuallyva lidateyourviewofhim?
    #Cugelisbadatargumentation
    #betterpointsarebeingraisedinmyhashtagsthanyourpos ts
    #lookatwhatyourargumentspressupose
    #howthe****areyouactuallyalawyer
    #eatmypoop

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information