Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Renck, Broncos Insider: Siemian shoulder surgery needed to get ‘bigger,’ ‘stronger’

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    It blows my mind that there are Bronco fans who want to see more of him.
    Well, even though he's sucked I think the mentality is that you can always get better. And he will. But he has to get a lot better to even become average.

In regards to his injury - That is man. That is hardcore man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I thought most of the accuracy and velocity problems were due to mechanical issues I saw likely related to injury- the inability to rotate hips, and/or plant and throw (all related to screwed up shoulder and/or high ankle sprain

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I thought most of the accuracy and velocity problems were due to mechanical issues I saw likely related to injury- the inability to rotate hips, and/or plant and throw (all related to screwed up shoulder and/or high ankle sprain
    He had a meh arm in college. Is that because he's always hurt? Or always mechanically weak?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He had a meh arm in college. Is that because he's always hurt? Or always mechanically weak?
    I didn't watch him play in college, did you?

I wasn't impressed with what I saw during preseason 15'. I did see some throws preseason 16' and early that regular season which told me he had a better than average arm.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I didn't watch him play in college, did you?

I wasn't impressed with what I saw during preseason 15'. I did see some throws preseason 16' and early that regular season which told me he had a better than average arm.
    There are videos of him playing college ball.

I have seen him hit a few bombs. But man, when you constantly overthrow WR's and you're putting all your arm into bombs, that's typically a bad sign.

The fact that he has never shown the ability to hit sideline throws, and has issues hitting goes over the middle when he has to throw it on a rope is...kind of scary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    He's a legend of tomorrow that we are lucky enough to have today
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He's not the hero we deserve but the one we need.
    I believe in Trevor Siemian.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    I believe in Trevor Siemian.
    The kiss of death!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    It blows my mind that there are Bronco fans who want to see more of him.
    i want to see him become a football god! mostly because it would be great fun watching the owl eat all that crow. . .

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i want to see him become a football god! mostly because it would be great fun watching the owl eat all that crow. . .
    Some people deal with odds and reality.

Some other people just go 'well maybe he'll turn out to be good and we should keep him around.'

The second group of people buy lotto tickets and act like occasionally winning twenty bucks negates the consistent losses.

I hope he becomes the best QB ever. I hope he ******* averages 55 TD's a year.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I actually own a TS jersey.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I actually own a TS jersey.
    You should get a TS tattoo.

#Idareyou
    #Idoubledogdare
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Of course, nobody can tell if either Siemian or Lynch is that long term franchise QB. As of right now, the smart money is on "neither." But, if Siemian turns out to vastly exceed expectations and become the long term answer, he needs to get a LOT healthier, because as of right now, he's in that "injury prone" category. Can't complete a season, either in college or in his first year as a pro.
    The last time a Broncos QB completed a season was 2013, and even then Manning played the back nine with BOTH ankles taped. The QBs aren't the problem.

That said, ANY QB will BECOME a problem—guaranteed—unless we come up with a better "protection scheme" than "tell him to scramble a lot and lift until he can shrug off charging defensive linemen." If that's our solution why not cut all our linemen and spend the cap savings on a new weight set for each QB? And RB.

I do agree that the odds strongly suggest the answer to "which of our current QBs is our franchise guy?" is "neither, but we'll find one eventually." I just hope that by the time we find that guy we've also found five others to keep him upright. Heisman-winning Jim Plunkett was a "bust" in NE until they dumped on a Raiders team that could actually give him some time, and I still contend the biggest difference between David and Derek Carr is blocking, not birth order.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The last time a Broncos QB completed a season was 2013, and even then Manning played the back nine with BOTH ankles taped. The QBs aren't the problem.

That said, ANY QB will BECOME a problem—guaranteed—unless we come up with a better "protection scheme" than "tell him to scramble a lot and lift until he can shrug off charging defensive linemen." If that's our solution why not cut all our linemen and spend the cap savings on a new weight set for each QB? And RB.

I do agree that the odds strongly suggest the answer to "which of our current QBs is our franchise guy?" is "neither, but we'll find one eventually." I just hope that by the time we find that guy we've also found five others to keep him upright. Heisman-winning Jim Plunkett was a "bust" in NE until they dumped on a Raiders team that could actually give him some time, and I still contend the biggest difference between David and Derek Carr is blocking, not birth order.
    Agree completely on all points especially the Carr statement. I felt horrible for David Carr in Houston. Same thing happened to Couch in Cleveland. Both should have been much better than they were.

A local Grand Junction kid Andrew Walter had all the potential in the world and then got drafted by the Raiders during their 7 step drop and sling it as hard as you can phase. One of my best friends was his left tackle in high school and told me that it was everything he could do not to scream at the O line coach and coordinator during film sessions because their scheme was antiquated and their protections were horrid. Really hope we give these kids a real opportunity because right now our O line would ruin almost any young gun slinger.

22. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

I don't think I've ever bought a lottery ticket. I did play black jack at a 5 card wheel once. I broke even after 6 or 7 hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I wouldn't really define surgery for a grade 5 separation "elective".
    That's kind of the point! I think he's trying to downplay the severity of his injury. I flat don't believe his story. And I'm not knocking the guy. He's in a "QB competition" and the other guy is a 1st round draft pick. I think Cecil Lammey looked and saw that every single QB taken in the first round for the last 15 years has become that team's starter at some point. Some of them flamed out like Johnny Manziel of course, but every single one of them got the starting job and kept it until they proved they couldn't do it.

Trevor is on a very steep uphill and long term battle to keep his starting job, and the odds are not at all in his favour.

But, look at the timeline:

He hurt his shoulder in game 4. He concealed the extent of this injury the entire season. He's walking around with a degree of separation that doctors have stated normally occurs in auto accident victims, NOT a normal football injury. Grade six is the worst - you see these kinds of high impact crushing injuries in industrial accidents. Grade 5 is auto accidents. Grade 3 is normally the worst football related injury. So, this was a severe impact injury.

Not only does he conceal the injury but local beat reporters say he would just walk around the facility with an ice bag on his shoulder like it was no big deal. It was a total cover up.

So, do we believe Trevor when he says it was "elective surgery" or do we believe the doctors who say "that's a 4 to 6 month recovery window" which would mean he wouldn't be healthy until training camp in July, so he'd miss OTAs and Mini-camp?

To add confusion, Troy Renk or Mike Klis (both "Broncos insiders" I forget which) reported on Twitter that the Broncos PR guy reported they expect Trevor to "participate" in OTAs in April. The definition of "participate" is lacking something in precision. Will he be able to fully participate in throwing drills?

At a minimum, the Broncos will have to carefully monitor him and make sure he's not trying to rush back onto the field in order to prevent Paxton from getting ahead of him with the new coaching staff.

Latest reports out of Dove Valley are the new coaching staff is impressed with Trevor's work ethic, which is hardly surprising since he's a total grinder and always has been. That's how he got the job.

Bottom Line: they really need to limit his activity until he's close to 100% regardless of how he tries to get on the field. The Broncos can't afford to let him get re-injured given the fact that they might have no choice but to start Trevor if Paxton wins the starting job, but then plays badly and the team loses in the regular season.

Given the uncertainty surrounding whether Paxton Lynch can play in this league (jury is still out on this) they badly need a healthy Trevor Siemian going into the season, not a guy who's trying to conceal injury in order to gut it out. Even if Paxton were to suddenly start channeling Peyton Manning out there, that still doesn't mean Paxton can't get hurt - in which case they need Trevor healthy enough to play effectively.

He's a really tough guy, yes, but in this situation that's not a good thing for the team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information