Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haasan Reddick

Default Haasan Reddick

I wanted to post this before the combine, where I think his draft stock will blow up even more than it did after the senior bowl. The Broncos need an inside linebacker that can cover, shed blocks, and tackle. Here's my guy and here's why. Reddick played DE in college despite weighing just 238 pounds. The staff at the senior bowl moved him to both the inside and outside linebacker positions. He was arguably the best player at senior bowl week. He blew away the coverage drills, made "wow" plays every day at practice, and showed great speed and instincts.

I think the kid runs in the 4.45- 4.55 range in the 40, and climbs up to the middle of the first round of the draft. He can play both inside and outside linebacker. I think he's capable of being a Ryan Shazier type of linebacker, playing 3 downs, sideline to sideline. Here's what Mayock had to say about him after senior bowl week:

He [Reddick] had a really impressive week. He was a hand-in-the-dirt 4-3 defensive end with a lot of sack production at Temple, but down here they asked him to stand up and play two different positions, and every day he got better. And his attitude about the switch was terrific; I got a kick out of how he embraced it. The last two days of practice, I don't think he lost a rep. He bounced around and made plays all week. At 6-foot-1 and 237 pounds, most see him as a tweener, but I think he showed versatility. I came into the week wondering what he would be at the next level, and at the end of the practice sessions I left thinking he could be an inside linebacker in a 3-4, an inside linebacker in a 4-3, and an occasional edge rusher. Bottom line: He showed he can do a bunch of things and do them well. He might not have to come off the field.
    Reddick played only parts of two years of high school football and had to walk on at Temple. Despite doing so, he became the leader of the Owls defense, and was awarded a single digit number by his teammates for his toughness. He's everything that Elway loves in a prospect. Great instincts, great speed, leadership, toughness, and college experience.

Do I think the Duke would consider him at 20? Right now he's slated as a late first, early second round pick. After the combine, I expect him to be a solid lock for the first round. We'll find out in about a week.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

If he runs and plays like that I think it's possible he's a top 15 pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Do I think the Duke would consider him at 20? Right now he's slated as a late first, early second round pick. After the combine, I expect him to be a solid lock for the first round. We'll find out in about a week.
    Why the climb--unexpectedly high 40 time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Why the climb--unexpectedly high 40 time?
    He vaulted himself into the end of the first with the senior bowl. Scouts and GM's got a chance to see just how athletic he was, and by all reports he blew everyone away in the coverage drills. Add in the 40 time that I "think" he'll run and he becomes this year's highest pre-draft climber.

7. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Do we really need a 3 tech?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Reddick isn't any smaller than Todd Davis and he's 10x the player. He's played DE/OLB mostly so it is a bit of a transition, but a pass rusher like that at ILB...dayum. Good attitude too.

He's actually listed bigger and faster than Rueben Foster on NFL.com, which is bullshit, but you get the point.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 02-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I'd want a 4 tech. In a perfect world.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

In a perfect world we'd get a guy that can play all tech's and has a rad 3-cone.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I hear ya brother

13. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Do we really need a 3 tech?
    He's not an NFL Dlineman. He played Dline for Temple because they were a small school and he is a good enough athlete to pull it off at that level. He'll either play ILB or OLB in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He's not an NFL Dlineman. He played Dline for Temple because they were a small school and he is a good enough athlete to pull it off at that level. He'll either play ILB or OLB in the NFL.
    So no? Or yes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if he's fast and can cover from ILB, sign me up. . . we lost of lot of our versatility when we lost trevathan-- having two guys inside with solid coverage ability made it really tough for teams to find mismatches against the '15 defense. . . plus. . .

but a pass rusher like that at ILB...dayum.
    we'll see how they play free agency in a bit here, but to me the ideal scenario would probably be adding a couple legit starting lineman (offense or defense) in FA, and filling in some young, fast skill position talent in the draft. . . let davidson and the boise dude see if they can get something out of some of the kids we have now on the OL before we draft three or four more. . . some speed at linebacker, RB, slot receiver would all be nice. . . and find someone knows not a gawddamn disaster on punt returns, FFS. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Well said, Fishington!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if he's fast and can cover from ILB, sign me up. . . we lost of lot of our versatility when we lost trevathan-- having two guys inside with solid coverage ability made it really tough for teams to find mismatches against the '15 defense. . . plus. . .

we'll see how they play free agency in a bit here, but to me the ideal scenario would probably be adding a couple legit starting lineman (offense or defense) in FA, and filling in some young, fast skill position talent in the draft. . . let davidson and the boise dude see if they can get something out of some of the kids we have now on the OL before we draft three or four more. . . some speed at linebacker, RB, slot receiver would all be nice. . . and find someone knows not a gawddamn disaster on punt returns, FFS. . .
    I still like the idea of letting Davis walk and getting a couple new ILB's, I read that the Broncos will tender Davis with a 2nd round grade. I don't know how much that'd cost but Dude is a backup, if someone wants him that bad let him walk.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I still like the idea of letting Davis walk and getting a couple new ILB's, I read that the Broncos will tender Davis with a 2nd round grade. I don't know how much that'd cost but Dude is a backup, if someone wants him that bad let him walk.
    We must have a good linebackers coaching/development unit. I'd love to see what they could do with Foster or Cunningham.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with acquiring Reddick, McKinley, McMillan, Williams, or Davis, too. The first two just seem like absolute freaks.

Is there a Burfict in this draft class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information