Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos won’t pick up option on Russell Okung

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is a picture of a circle:

Let's discuss this figure, we really haven't done justice to it. For example...what would the universe look like if light was actually travelling in a circle, rather than from A to B?

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Fill me in, please.
    He has to make the decision before March 8. Free agency starts the next day. Last day of the league's 2016 season and the first day of the league's 2017 season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Basically this story isn't news anyway. Of course the Broncos aren't thrilled to pick up Okung's deal. That's been known since he signed it! The question is:

1. Will the Broncos re-negotiate with Okung a more cap-friendly deal or cut him loose? The article just assumes they cut him, but that's certainly not a given.

2. Can they trade for a LT like Kelvin Beachum ahead of FA? If so, then Okung becomes expendable and there's no chance they bring him back. If not then do they like the FAs available?

If so then Okung becomes expendable. If not or if they don't think they can find anybody then they have to keep him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Let's discuss this figure, we really haven't done justice to it. For example...what would the universe look like if light was actually travelling in a circle, rather than from A to B?
    It helped Matthew McConahay get back to his living room faster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There would be perpetual shadows in certain places and life as we know it probably wouldn't exist?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There would be perpetual shadows in certain places and life as we know it probably wouldn't exist?
    Aren't you used to perpetual shadows?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Physics isn't my strong suit.

Like Cugel and off-season actions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Aren't you used to perpetual shadows?
    Only around giants.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Basically this story isn't news anyway. Of course the Broncos aren't thrilled to pick up Okung's deal. That's been known since he signed it! The question is:

1. Will the Broncos re-negotiate with Okung a more cap-friendly deal or cut him loose? The article just assumes they cut him, but that's certainly not a given.

2. Can they trade for a LT like Kelvin Beachum ahead of FA? If so, then Okung becomes expendable and there's no chance they bring him back. If not then do they like the FAs available?

If so then Okung becomes expendable. If not or if they don't think they can find anybody then they have to keep him.
    Yeah, except they aren't going to keep him.

Keep trying, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    cugel won't believe it 'til he hears it from the insiders at 104.3TheFan. . .
    I'll believe it if I see some sign Elway is bringing in or planning to bring in a FA LT or trade for one. That will mean he's given up on re-negotiating Okung's contract or has a replacement in mind.

If they can find someone better of course they let him go. He's not an All-Pro by any means. He's a barely adequate T - good to great Run blocker, but lost a step in pass-pro so he's a liability against quicker DEs. If they can find someone better - great! Don't let the door hit you on your way out of town Okung!

And at $11 M this season he'd be seriously overpaid. So, picking up his option only makes sense if they can't find anybody better.

And that remains a serious possibility.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy RenckVerified account‏@TroyRenck 23m

Okung would have made sense, IMO, at last yr's $8 million. But he had no incentive to restructure given weak LT market. @DenverChannel

Troy RenckVerified account‏@TroyRenck 23m

Okung told today #Broncos not exercising four-year, $48-mil option. They were not expected to. Had until March 8 to decide. @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    It helped Matthew McConahay get back to his living room faster.
    He wasn't actually IN his living room (actually it was a bedroom too, but that's irrelevant to the point), he was just able to view it from another point in time. Also he was able to view a specific point in time in his house where he was able to influence a decision that had already been made. It gets confusing but that's quantum mechanics and time travel for you...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'll believe it if I see some sign Elway is bringing in or planning to bring in a FA LT or trade for one. That will mean he's given up on re-negotiating Okung's contract or has a replacement in mind.

If they can find someone better of course they let him go. He's not an All-Pro by any means. He's a barely adequate T - good to great Run blocker, but lost a step in pass-pro so he's a liability against quicker DEs. If they can find someone better - great! Don't let the door hit you on your way out of town Okung!

And at $11 M this season he'd be seriously overpaid. So, picking up his option only makes sense if they can't find anybody better.

And that remains a serious possibility.
    I hear they are going with only four linemen next season. Revamping the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeah, except they aren't going to keep him.

Keep trying, though.
    Glad to hear Elway is keeping you informed of his decisions on a regular basis. Keep up the good work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    He wasn't actually IN his living room (actually it was a bedroom too, but that's irrelevant to the point), he was just able to view it from another point in time. Also he was able to view a specific point in time in his house where he was able to influence a decision that had already been made. It gets confusing but that's quantum mechanics and time travel for you...
    He was in the goddam walls ok

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information