Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: Jay Cutler trade talks expected to heat up next week

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Sources: Jay Cutler trade talks expected to heat up next week

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ing-jay-cutler

As the beginning of the NFL's new league year inches closer, with teams able to officially make trades on March 9, the Chicago Bears have actively started seeking a trade partner for quarterback Jay Cutler, multiple league sources said.

Teams around the league are now aware of Cutler's availability while the Bears attempt to garner draft compensation for their eight-year starter, and conversations are expected to heat up during next week's NFL scouting combine.

It is not a surprise that Cutler's future in Chicago is in question -- but the start of official trade talks is a major step in that process.

While Cutler's contract does not include a no-trade clause, there remains a widespread belief that a deal will require both Cutler and the Bears to agree on the suitor. Cutler, 33, has little incentive to play for a noncompetitive team given the lack of any guaranteed money in his current contract, sources with NFL teams privy to the details said.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I know we have talked about it here on the board for the last couple of weeks but i really dont expect Denver to actually be in the mix for him. But then, i never expected us to sign Manning either when we did so anything can happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I know we have talked about it here on the board for the last couple of weeks but i really dont expect Denver to actually be in the mix for him. But then, i never expected us to sign Manning either when we did so anything can happen.
    Whoa! **** no!

I was just posting it because there's history and people like/hate the guy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I think that the Cards should pursue him or Romo because Palmer just isn't the answer for them. We can debate how good he was or wasn't in his prime, but there's no debating that his best days are far behind.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    lol
    Is this directed as someone specific, or just anyone who comments in this thread?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Whoa! **** no!

I was just posting it because there's history and people like/hate the guy.
    now you hold on there little man. we are in no position to dismiss jay as a possible option given the current scenario. Like him or hate him is a non-issue. now clean it up

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Don't want him here. How is he even any better than Trevor?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Is this directed as someone specific, or just anyone who comments in this thread?
    Mostly at Jay Cutler.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    experience and he's been here before, he knows the system

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    experience and he's been here before, he knows the system

Experience? Jay Cutler is a TERRIBLE leader! How will he gain #respekt in the locker room if he doesn't even act like a leader? He has some good football mechanics, a great arm but that's about it. Trevor might not have the arm that Cutler has but I bet he is more accurate and will get better year 2.

And I am not saying Trevor or Lynch are the answer. I just don't see Cutler bringing anymore to the table. I was probably one of Jays biggest supporters here during all of the drama. But through the years I have realized something, he just doesn't give a shit about winning. That's a problem.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

15. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Experience? I was probably one of Jays biggest supporters here during all of the drama. But through the years I have realized something, he just doesn't give a shit about winning. That's a problem.
    Boom!

This is how it has gone down for me as well with him. There hasnt been any growth with him and one of his biggest weaknesses is attitude and leadership. Im just one of those people that feel the QB should take charge in those areas (ala Manning, Brady, Elway, etc). Sure, i think he still has some talent as an athlete but i still see him make the same mental mistakes he made when he was a rookie and when you see guys like Marshall who is actually friends with him throw him under the bus that should tell you something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

49ers? Shanahan reunion? Trying to think of some places where he could legitimately land and I'm not coming up with many... Washington?

49ers? Shanahan reunion? Trying to think of some places where he could legitimately land and I'm not coming up with many... Washington?
    San Francisco, good call.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Cutler is a better human being than Kap.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information