Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mo y el hilo de béisbol del Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ah. Didn't know they still had a team.
    Ah, I think you will start to remember as the season progresses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Ah, I think you will start to remember as the season progresses.
    Chris Sale is the piece you guys have been waiting for. Just curious to see how that lineup looks without Papi anchoring it.

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Harper has put on twenty pounds of muscle.

Huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Chris Sale is the piece you guys have been waiting for. Just curious to see how that lineup looks without Papi anchoring it.
    I think Benintendi is the real deal. He's not going to replace Papi by any means, but he helps soften the blow and if Betts and Bradley continue on an incline in their career arcs, I think that lineup is going to end up being really good. The Red Sox have to be the favorites in the East going in, imo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I'd like the season to start now please!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'd like the season to start now please!
    WBC starts today...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

That's not real to me, man. I want that real shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Pretty cool article written by Nolan Arenado about the WBC

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/no...pr=64466991112
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Pretty cool article written by Nolan Arenado about the WBC

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/no...pr=64466991112
    I hope the Americans are taking this more seriously this time. I think it's fun once it gets past the opening round, but American teams in the past (outside of David Wright) just haven't taken it very seriously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Americans are choking again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

USA has fallen apart.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I also have to be honest, it's more than a little annoying seeing that many ******* people rooting for the other team in an American baseball park. WTF?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I also have to be honest, it's more than a little annoying seeing that many ******* people rooting for the other team in an American baseball park. WTF?
    America is a fading brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    America is a fading brand.
    I heard we were great again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Long read, but very good...

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...dominicans-mlb

Out At Home
    As many as 1 in 10 Dominicans are of Haitian descent. So why do we know of virtually no Haitian Dominicans in the major leagues?

by Bruce Schoenfeld

Arroz con pollo waits on the table at Miguel Sano's duplex condo, not far from Target Field. Sano's sister is visiting from the Dominican Republic, and her husband has made the Twins slugger's favorite dish -- mounds of it, enough to feed a baseball team. "Don't worry," Sano tells me. "I eat a lot." The aroma is seductive, an anamnesis of the Caribbean. It fills the top floor of the apartment where Sano spends the major league season, more than 2,000 miles from San Pedro de Macoris, where he was raised. The coastal city is renowned for turning out big league talent, an important source for the country's baseball pipeline -- 82 Dominicans made last year's Opening Day rosters from a population of 10.6 million.

Sano stands apart from the other 81 Dominicans in one significant way: He has publicly identified as an ethnic Haitian.

Baseball is not popular in Haiti itself, but as many as a million ethnic Haitians live in the neighboring Dominican Republic, where the game is ubiquitous. As the chicken waits on the table, Sano and Franklin Johnson Mateo, who serves as Sano's adviser and facilitator, shout out examples of former and current MLB players who likely share their Haitian ancestry. They rattle off seven or eight names. The total number, Sano and Mateo agree, would shock most observers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information