Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo y el hilo de béisbol del Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Good grief. no.
    y??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Are the Cubs really one of the better teams of all time?

Are my Nationals a paper tiger?

Why do people hate closers and specialty pitchers?

Now that the steroid era is over, what is the main power baseline stat to achieve?

Am I wrong for liking middle of the rotation guys and thinking that they are underrated?
    No.

No.

Smart people don't.

25 HRs? Maybe. IDK good question.

No.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I believe you meant "no me gusto."

You're welcome.
    No. I meant no le gusto.

5. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Are the Cubs really one of the better teams of all time?
    All time? I don't know about that. I mean, look up the 1920s and the Yankees, or the 1970s and the Reds or the 1990s and the Yankees. The Cubs have a long way to go for that to be true.

Are my Nationals a paper tiger?
    They do kind of choke every year. And this year, the Dodgers and Cubs are superior on paper. Maybe the Giants too.

Why do people hate closers and specialty pitchers?
    I don't know. That won my team the World Series.

Now that the steroid era is over, what is the main power baseline stat to achieve?
    WAR. Home runs were way up last year, though, so just saying. Chicks dig the long ball.

Am I wrong for liking middle of the rotation guys and thinking that they are underrated?
    Middle relievers are usually the worst pitchers on the team, failed starters. The 7th, 8th and 9th-inning guys are sexy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I've kinda liked the Orioles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    No. I meant no le gusto.
    Don't derail Mo y el hilo de beisbol del Rey.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Doesn't win above replacement presume that being better than a replacement means something other than the replacement sucks? Does that replacement stat fluctuate where one year a replacement play is superior to other years?

Does WAR just negate the other stats for every day players?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I've kinda liked the Orioles.
    Root for the Nationals with me!

Root for the Nationals with me!
    Y tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Y tho
    They have a couple really huge stars, I like the city, and we're both looking for a new team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Doesn't win above replacement presume that being better than a replacement means something other than the replacement sucks? Does that replacement stat fluctuate where one year a replacement play is superior to other years?

Does WAR just negate the other stats for every day players?
    The stat is supposed to set the mean every year so that you can compare years. A replacement level player might be slightly better or worse than the year before.

No. It's just a representation of a player's overall game. It includes fielding. But even among the statheads there's disagreement as to its use and calculation. Fangraphs and Baseball Prospectus have slightly different formulas.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They have a couple really huge stars, I like the city, and we're both looking for a new team.
    There are some buttheads on that team. That includes Harper...just saying.

I really like Davis, Wieters, Brach, Tillman, Britton, Jones, Machado, and Trumbo. Like the Orioles with me, King.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Why would anyone like Machado? He's a douche.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I hate the city of Baltimore, though. The Orioles are just the shitty Yankees, tbh.

MO, how do you follow the farm system?

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information