Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clady is a free agent.

So's Gary Zimmerman; we should call him first.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Default Clady's not just injury "prone" though

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I think there are a few things we can consider. First of all even with him being injury prone, he is better than Stephenson.
    ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. That's kind of important for a guy who must pivot on that leg to prevent the NFLs top blindside rushers beating him to the QB with a first step so quick it's made them multimillionaires. It's like saying, "even with a torn right rotator cuff, ruptured right bicep and compound fracture of his right forearm, this guy's better than our worst QB." Maybe if he's a lefty, but his right arms injuries are NEVER going away after 30: They'll just get WORSE, probably fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We could sign Romo and Clady and have a competition to see which one goes on IR first.
    It'd be a push: First scrimmage play Opening Day, Cladys leg explodes into hamburger confetti at the snap, then Romos back and shoulders do the same as Khalil Mack rushes by the first to the second, and they BOTH go on IR during the injury timeout.

It's too bad a 315 lb. dude loves basketball so much he sacrificed a lucrative All Pro NFL career to play another sport for fun for FREE in the offseason.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Clady's time has expired as a Bronco, and maybe as a football player. I think it'd be a bad move bringing Clady due to his history of injuries.. just not the same player anymore. Ever since he tore his ACL(?) playing basketball in the off-season, that was a wrap for me with him.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Clady's time has expired as a Bronco, and maybe as a football player. I think it'd be a bad move bringing Clady due to his history of injuries.. just not the same player anymore. Ever since he tore his ACL(?) playing basketball in the off-season, that was a wrap for me with him.
    That was Liz franc, which he played well after.

He tore his ACL the following TC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Boise hater!
    you hush. . . i love boise way more than that faker jaded. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you hush. . . i love boise way more than that faker jaded. . .
    Yeah, forget that communist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Y'all shut'chur faceholes!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yes please...swing tackle.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Actually, the basketball injury was neither, but same leg EVERY time: He screwed it up playing basketball, early in the 2010 offseason, so had time to recover enough to start Opening Day, but played like crap all year. If memory serves he had another All Pro season in 2012—then lost nearly all of 2013 to the lisfranc on the side as the first injury, then played like crap again the following year. 2015 was supposed to be another return to form like 2012—then he tore the ACL on that same trashed leg and missed the whole season.

Maybe 2016 was just another down post-severe-injury season and he'll be an All Pro again in 2017. More likely that leg's (barely) held together with bandaids and prayer now and he'll never be a starting quality LT again. How much cap should we spend finding outas our young QBs of the Possible Future run for their lives.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Actually, the basketball injury was neither, but same leg EVERY time: He screwed it up playing basketball, early in the 2010 offseason, so had time to recover enough to start Opening Day, but played like crap all year. If memory serves he had another All Pro season in 2012—then lost nearly all of 2013 to the lisfranc on the side as the first injury, then played like crap again the following year. 2015 was supposed to be another return to form like 2012—then he tore the ACL on that same trashed leg and missed the whole season.

Maybe 2016 was just another down post-severe-injury season and he'll be an All Pro again in 2017. More likely that leg's (barely) held together with bandaids and prayer now and he'll never be a starting quality LT again. How much cap should we spend finding outas our young QBs of the Possible Future run for their lives.
    The point for me is he is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good. Can the Broncos really count on Wolfe? Talk about injury prone. That could be as big of deal as the bad OL.

Like I mentioned the player they are projected to pick (Ryan Ramcyzk) is having hip surgery. Is that an issue. I think that is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

The point for me is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good. Can the Broncos really count on Wolfe? Talk about injury prone. That could be as big of deal as the bad OL.

Like I mentioned the player they are projected to pick (Ryan Ramcyzk) is having hip surgery. Is that an issue. I think that is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

He's injury prone and missed 2 Super Bowls. So, no thanks.

The point for me is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good.
    It's a Hell of a lot better than the "OL" (btw, I deeply HATE both those terms; if DEs and DTs are interchangeable we can just shove Gotsis or someone out there if Sly leaves, right? McGovern's "OL;" he can play RT, or even LT, right?) And the "DL" isn't actually that bad, depending on whether 1) Walker's fully healthy again (in which case that's a no brainer re-sign) and 2) whether we sign Sly or someone as good/better to man NT. All the starters would be fine, leaving depth the sole issue.

I WISH we could say that of even HALF our "OL" starters. The best of the lot just had BOTH hips scoped (and even when healthy gave NO line surge.) Every stunt leaves him chasing his tail, which is true of ALL our linemen: Not good when your "veteran" QB is a 3rd-year 3rd stringer with a whopping 16 pro starts. We don't even HAVE starters on the right; Stephenson's washing out in a month and the RG just rotates the two guys who washed out before him. Which just leaves Okung, who's not getting $12M/yr through 2018 from US. Because he sucks too.

Maybe this draft sucks for "OL" (though so far all I've seen is people saying it's short on OTs, so I still hold out hope of getting a G by the 3rd round, which is all I could really hope for anyway: I just hope we don't try to draft another "starting" OT there.) But there are decent FA OTs out there, and even a slightly below average one would be a big improvement on ANYTHING we've got now. I wish ANY of our "OL" starters did their jobs as well as Wolfe and Sly, even Crick/Gotsis.

He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson.
    I mean, he'd actually have to play to be an upgrade...Given his history, he's about as likely to play a full season as Tony Romo is (which is to say, not likely)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He did tear a tendon in leg playing a pick up basketball game during McDaniel tenure as coach. I think it was '09 but it could have been '10.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information