Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clady is a free agent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I hope he comes back so Jaded and I can further deepen our Boise discussions.
    Did you see they hired Hawkins/Peterson old OL Coach from the Boise glory days? I'm excited.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Case in point: Chris Clark's no worse than Okung was last year, but we traded him for a "high" 7th rounder. He'd be lucky to see $12M in a DECADE, much less a single SEASON. I'm an outspoken critic of dumpster diving for LTs, but if we MUST take recycled garbage those are the very players we should NOT pay like All Pros.
    Clark might never play again, I'm beginning to think it's a good thing you don't like any of the Broncos players. You're bad luck.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Did you see they hired Hawkins/Peterson old OL Coach from the Boise glory days? I'm excited.
    I didn't, and to further my embarrassment I'm not aware of who that is, although Boise use to put out some quality linemen .

You guys like Boise?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You guys like Boise?
    I live in the Boise metro area. I've been watching BSU football for 36 years.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I didn't, and to further my embarrassment I'm not aware of who that is, although Boise use to put out some quality linemen .
    I never heard of him either and he coached at Cu. Looks like he coached Ryan Clady for his final season too.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I live in the Boise metro area. I've been watching BSU football for 36 years.
    That's cool, man.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Wonder where he will end up or what he would sign if retained by the Broncos?!
    April Showers and Easter!

Clark might never play again, I'm beginning to think it's a good thing you don't like any of the Broncos players. You're bad luck.
    I never liked Clark; did you forget how I harped on his strip-sack-TDs in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES as proof Fox was nuts to publicly call Clark "the best backup OT in the NFL"? We were lucky to even get a FINAL round pick in trade for him, but that's not the point: Bad as he was, Okungs 2016 was no better, but ate FAR more cap.

I believe in spending premium picks/cash for premium OTs, not perpetually and vainly seeking the Terrell Davis of linemen—but that does NOT mean spending premium picks/cash for crap OTs. If Elway insists crap OTs protect his young QBs, I agree we shouldn't pay more than league minimum for THAT.

As to me being bad luck: Begging to dump Fox for Kubiak, Wade & Dennison worked out well, yes? Imagine if we'd done it when I wanted instead of a year later. There's quite a number of Broncos players I like: I just don't automatically love every who wears orange and blue.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I never liked Clark; did you forget how I harped on his strip-sack-TDs in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES as proof Fox was nuts to publicly call Clark "the best backup OT in the NFL"? We were lucky to even get a FINAL round pick in trade for him, but that's not the point: Bad as he was, Okungs 2016 was no better, but ate FAR more cap.

I believe in spending premium picks/cash for premium OTs, not perpetually and vainly seeking the Terrell Davis of linemen—but that does NOT mean spending premium picks/cash for crap OTs. If Elway insists crap OTs protect his young QBs, I agree we shouldn't pay more than league minimum for THAT.

As to me being bad luck: Begging to dump Fox for Kubiak, Wade & Dennison worked out well, yes? Imagine if we'd done it when I wanted instead of a year later. There's quite a number of Broncos players I like: I just don't automatically love every who wears orange and blue.
    No. We all remember the spam.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. We all remember the spam.
    Apparently not ALL.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

That's been my point all along. There are NO PREMIUM let alone elite LTs available in FA. None at all.

Whitworth is the best of them and he's 35. Teams lock up their premium LTs in long term contracts and they never hit FA. If a guy gets to FA that indicates he has a problem with his former team.

Example: Clady. Premium LT when he was healthy, he signed a big payday contract extension in 2013, then immediately blew out his knee. Came back and played in 2014 and was mediocre at best. Then blew out his knee again in a non-contact practice in July.

The Broncos let him go. The Jets, thinking "this guy's still relatively young and could be a franchise guy for us if he can get healthy. So, it's worth a gamble to us to sign him." They lost that gamble. He only played nine games for them and they paid him $7.5 M. Naturally, they passed on giving him the rest of his $20.5 M contract. The rest was not guaranteed, so they released him.

This is typical. If a guy was an elite talent, why would his team let him go?

According to Mark Schlereth the state of OL play in the NFL has never been worse, and college is going more to spread offenses so NFL style offensive linemen are getting fewer rather than more.

If you can find an average guy you'd better lock him up. If you have a better than average guy you really need to keep him, cause it's slim pickings out there in FA bargain basement land!

I never heard of him either and he coached at Cu. Looks like he coached Ryan Clady for his final season too.
    He probably coached Darryn College too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I liked Nate Potter, he disappeared...I guess Joel liked him too.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I liked Nate Potter, he disappeared...I guess Joel liked him too.
    He was long, and a decent athlete. I think his issue was power.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information