Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clady is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    He did tear a tendon in leg playing a pick up basketball game during McDaniel tenure as coach. I think it was '09 but it could have been '10.
    *groans* I did the overviewTWICE, no less

2010: After an All Pro 2009, he tore a patella tendon playing pickup basketball, early enough he played by Opening Day, but never played WELL until:
    2011: Finally back to form
    2012: All Pro season
    2013: Lisfranc Week 3 aborts his season
    2014: SUCKED all year.
    2015: Expecting the 2010-2012 pattern to continue, he instead tore an ACL at the end of camp and missed the season.
    2016: SUCKED all year.

Key fact: ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. The LEFT leg; he's going against guys with the best "first step" in the NFL when he doesn't even HAVE one. That leg is DONE, so his career is too, especially with a torn rotator cuff for good measure. I hope it was a fun game of hoops until the career-stunting injury.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If Joel hates it, I'm all in.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If Joel hates it, I'm all in.
    I also hate beating myself with a ball peen hammer. Just FYI.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I'm also all in with you doing that. Please film it!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I watched a couple Jets games this year, from what I saw, Clady is worse than Okung.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I know.
    However, any player can get hurt. Clady can still play at a pro bowl level IF, yes Dog, IF he can stay healthy. He would be our best OT on either side. We thought big time about restructuring with him before he left.
    We can get him back cheaper now!
    He played 9 games for the Jets after they signed him last year. Then they let him go.

The guy just can't move any more apparently. Why did the Jets release him if he had anything left?

Answer: they wouldn't. At all.

As for RT, why would he want to play RT? He's been a LT all his career, and given the horrible, empty FA situation where even mediocre LTs are getting at least $20M a year he can get OVERPAID by some desperate team.

That team will not be the Broncos. He wouldn't come back here. Elway gave up on him just last year.

*groans* I did the overviewTWICE, no less

2010: After an All Pro 2009, he tore a patella tendon playing pickup basketball, early enough he played by Opening Day, but never played WELL until:
    2011: Finally back to form
    2012: All Pro season
    2013: Lisfranc Week 3 aborts his season
    2014: SUCKED all year.
    2015: Expecting the 2010-2012 pattern to continue, he instead tore an ACL at the end of camp and missed the season.
    2016: SUCKED all year.

Key fact: ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. The LEFT leg; he's going against guys with the best "first step" in the NFL when he doesn't even HAVE one. That leg is DONE, so his career is too, especially with a torn rotator cuff for good measure. I hope it was a fun game of hoops until the career-stunting injury.
    You would Logically THINK he's done. But, given the horrible void that is quality FA LTs, I think some team will give him a look, and give him an incentive laden contract where he could make over $10M if he stays healthy and plays. Of course, he won't stay healthy, since when did he ever stay healthy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Swing Tackle...schwing!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Swing Tackle...schwing!
    We want a tackle, not a tally-whackle

Even with Cladys health issues you would think he is still better than most guys on the market. That's the problem, no one else is out there.

But, at least Okung played the full year. Hopefully Elway can convince Okung to take a team friendly deal. But we still need more depth.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Maybe none are better, but MANY are no WORSE for far LESS. We don't need depth, or at least that's not our primary need: We need STARTERS. If we had that, most of our current "starters" are young enough, cheap enough and (now) experienced enough to be competent backups for GENUINE starters. They're just not equivalent.

Case in point: Chris Clark's no worse than Okung was last year, but we traded him for a "high" 7th rounder. He'd be lucky to see $12M in a DECADE, much less a single SEASON. I'm an outspoken critic of dumpster diving for LTs, but if we MUST take recycled garbage those are the very players we should NOT pay like All Pros.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Then why do you do it?

It's interesting that Brandon Stokely is insisting that Clady is washed up and that signing him would be a confession by the Broncos that "well, all the FA Ts we targeted signed somewhere else, so I guess we better call Clady's agent."

I have no idea if Clady is washed up or not, but he only managed to play 9 games for the Jets last year after Denver released him, and now they are cutting him loose. He might make a better RT than LT by now.

He keeps re-injuring the same left leg. That's a sign that you could be done when that happens.

I hope he comes back so Jaded and I can further deepen our Boise discussions.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information