Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1285

Thread: 2017 Free Agency mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Where/when did I say that? I don't want a rookie 2nd or 3rd round talent "guarding" the blind side of our young QBs (or Romo, God forbid.) But spending a 1st round pick on 2nd or 3rd round talent doesn't magically make it 1st round talent. It's the same deal as Okung: If we're "all in" on a mediocre blind side protector for QBs just beginning to develop, there's no reason to spend $12M/yr "achieving" a goal easily attainable for HALF that.

Look, I don't mind folks disputing nor even refuting my arguments, but misrepresenting them for sole sake of "refuting" them is a textbook strawman "argument."
    It's hard to misrepresent your arguments because that would require too much reading. Bottom line though, you have an obsession with the need for Elway to draft o-linemen in the first round... I can't name how many pointless times you've argued that Kubiak's not to blame because we didn't spend a first round pick on an o-linemen...

It's hard to make strawman arguments when the person you are arguing with constantly is rearranging the goalposts.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm hoping Ross falls to us, or we take a defensive player
    If Kiper's right, neither Ross nor CMac make it to us. If so, I could definitely live with his consolation prize: https://t.co/pAuxNLvnLF

4. The Following User High Fived NCBronco For This Post:

Joel, one of the issues I have with your offensive line arguments is that you seem to stop looking at things as soon as they get inconvenient.

I argued with you forever and a day that you can't just take a first rounder LT and go 'job's done,' whereas you only ever argue that you have to have a huge talent to be a good LT - or, you know, a first rounder.

If taking someone in the first round doesn't make them a talent, then taking someone who isn't a first rounder in another round doesn't mean that they're not a talent, or can be good.

This compounds itself when Freyaka produces a list of good offensive linemen who aren't first rounders. Your response has been 'well there's only a few of those' guys even when that's not the case. Again, middle ground exists: they're called gems for a reason, and I'm not referring to my favorite person on the board, either.

That's the problem that I have with your arguments - they do have a lot of thought put into them, but they're reverse engineered to fit into what you want to be true - you're a football ideologue. I get it. When it comes to QB's, I am, too.

But we are all guilty of the sins of our posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NCBronco View Post
    If Kiper's right, neither Ross nor CMac make it to us. If so, I could definitely live with his consolation prize: https://t.co/pAuxNLvnLF
    First round tight ends...man...those are luxury picks. I understand he's dynamic, but if there is a defensive player on par with him...keep the defense stout.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't want to trade back with this defense. Plus we already have a number of picks - the last thing we need to do is stockpile additional draft picks. The Browns we are not.
    I like this year's 2d round. If the Broncos could squeeze an extra 2d round out of this year's draft, it would be a coup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Do we trade up? I wish I knew!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I like this year's 2d round. If the Broncos could squeeze an extra 2d round out of this year's draft, it would be a coup.
    2nd rounders are the new 1st rounders. No teams want to part with them - lower financial commitment and lower expectations than the 1st round but still with high upside.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NCBronco View Post
    Is he the kid from Miami? Isn't he like 235 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Is he the kid from Miami? Isn't he like 235 pounds?
    Try 246. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...oku?id=2557986

37 inch vertical, 4.64 40- he's athletic

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

meh. . . give me hassan redick at #20 over any TE. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Concur. I like Zach Cunningham equally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

But Njoku or Howard at 20 would be just fine.

My prediction is we're going offense in round one - likely OT, but McCaffrey or Howard are possibilities, depending on if they're there, of course. I'm all for defense first, but I'm just not seeing the guy they're going after.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I'm 100% with you dog. Need to keep the defense stout. Redick is needed to help our not so stellar run "D". With our not so great FA signing in the "D" line, we will need a stud MLB.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information