Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Free Agency mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That would be ironic. So have we signed Fluker yet, or at least given him a physical? If healthy he's probably the best of our few remaining options.
    Where have you been? He was signed 10 days ago to the Giants.

The Saints have agreed to a 2-year deal with former Chargers LB Manti Te'o, per source, which ESPN's Dan Graziano reported was coming. The 26-year-old is coming back from a season-ending torn Achilles suffered last September. But when healthy, he has started 34 of 38 career games while serving as a middle linebacker, signal caller and co-captain. It will be interesting to see how the Saints plan to use him along with recently-signed MLB A.J. Klein and last year's starting MLB Craig Robertson -- both of whom have the versatility to move around.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...906492004479-4

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Where have you been? He was signed 10 days ago to the Giants.
    Huh, missed that (working and Skyping family, to answer your question in turn.) So: Well and truly boned then?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Huh, missed that (working and Skyping family, to answer your question in turn.) So: Well and truly boned then?
    Apparently Elway feels a combination of better coaching and the draft can fill the hole. King Dunlap is still out there as well. I think we should bring him in and let him compete.

Dunlap was on par with Okung is would be millions upon millions of dollars cheaper.

I think his legal issue is what is stopping us from signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Nope, we'll be alright. We've got better coaching now.

7. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Not to mention, there is also this

https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Apparently Elway feels a combination of better coaching and the draft can fill the hole. King Dunlap is still out there as well. I think we should bring him in and let him compete.
    Crap, Dunlap was whom I was thinking of; maybe should sleep soon....

Nope, we'll be alright. We've got better coaching now.
    Uh... huh... isn't our new HC a DEFENSIVE guy who's only only had a SINGLE year of (unimpressive) experience as even a coordinator? Isn't our new OC the same OC we had when our line was crap under Fox? Didn't our first choice for offensive line coach get poached by Shanny Jr?

Seeing is believing; I've been hearing for a looong time that "this is the year our line improves:" It's consistently done just the opposite.

Yeah, did see that; until it's the BROWNS talking instead of just Thomas' agent, it's just a PR campaign, not a prospective trade.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Well the entire offense got worse with Kubiak, so hopefully we have a better coach now.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Crap, Dunlap was whom I was thinking of; maybe should sleep soon....

Uh... huh... isn't our new HC a DEFENSIVE guy who's only only had a SINGLE year of (unimpressive) experience as even a coordinator? Isn't our new OC the same OC we had when our line was crap under Fox? Didn't our first choice for offensive line coach get poached by Shanny Jr?

Seeing is believing; I've been hearing for a looong time that "this is the year our line improves:" It's consistently done just the opposite.

Yeah, did see that; until it's the BROWNS talking instead of just Thomas' agent, it's just a PR campaign, not a prospective trade.
    It's not the head coaches job to coach the line. As such our defensive coach isn't going to be down in the trenches showing them how it's done. It is his job to pick good solid position coaches who can coach the line, something Kubiak failed miserably at.

Vance hired Jeff Davidson who has 15 seasons of offensive line experience. During his time in Minnesota, the o-line he coached helped to block for a hell of a good running offense

Minesota's run game was ranked
    4th in 2015
    13th in 2014
    8th in 2013
    2nd in 2012
    4th in 2011

And yes, I'm aware...they had AP since I'm sure that'll be your first knock at why none of that matters.

Prior to that he was in Carolina, they ranked
    13th in 2010
    3rd in 2009
    3rd in 2008
    14th in 2007

I expect our run game to vastly improve (especially if we draft Christian McCafrey) I think we're going to be better than you assume this year, but as Kinger pointed out, our offense sunk to new lows with Kubiak last year, the only way from here is up. No matter what we're going to be better than we were last season.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

It is also worth pointing out that TS will improve on the small things that make the difference -diagnosis of a play, getting rid of the ball, hot reads, etc- and we have a line that actually is pretty talented. Studly center, studly guard, super talented RT. Three fifths of the line is something to give us optimism about.

WE're going to need to improve RB depth. I think the guys after CJ have some promise. Some. Who knows. Lord knows that we need a TE, too. We've gone out and gotten quite a few, but never get a lot of production out of them. Eh.

Now...if we get Tony Romo...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Dunlap was on par with Okung is would be millions upon millions of dollars cheaper.

I think his legal issue is what is stopping us from signing him.
    or maybe mike mccoy said he sucks. . .

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    WE're going to need to improve RB depth.
    His name is Christian McCaffrey and he's going to be our first round pick and the offensive rookie of the year.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 24m24 minutes ago

Dolphins extending Lb Kiko Alonso's contract, as @MikeGarafolo reported. It's a 4-year extension for Alonso and Dolphins.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 15m15 minutes ago

Dolphins LB Kiko Alonso's new deal: About $28.8 million over 4 years. Was an RFA, tendered at $3.9 million for 2017.

His name is Christian McCaffrey and he's going to be our first round pick and the offensive rookie of the year.
    May it only be true, rather than us reaching for some OL due to desperate need.

20. The Following User High Fived NCBronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information