Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    LT-- Whitworth
    LG-- Joekel
    C-- Warmack
    RG-- Zeitler
    RT-- Wagner

A reverse Oreo cookie.
    Just throwing this out there:

We couldn't have beaten Tennessee to Warmack at #10, but 4 picks after everyone told me I was an idiot to question Slys eliteness and our need of it everyone laughed at Dallas for taking Travis Frederick. Everyone who still prefers Sly to Frederick, raise your hand.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Kansas City ChiefsVerified account‏@Chiefs 37m37 minutes ago

Roster move: We have signed free agent running back C.J. Spiller.
    Question is how many RB will make roster, rumors going around charles could be released to save cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Broncos got raped in comp picks, one 3, one 5 and two 7's. KC and Cleveland somehow made out better.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Just throwing this out there:

We couldn't have beaten Tennessee to Warmack at #10, but 4 picks after everyone told me I was an idiot to question Slys eliteness and our need of it everyone laughed at Dallas for taking Travis Frederick. Everyone who still prefers Sly to Frederick, raise your hand.
    Frederick was a reach.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Broncos got raped in comp picks, one 3, one 5 and two 7's. KC and Cleveland somehow made out better.
    Why did they get jobbed from their 2d 3d round comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Why did they get jobbed from their 2d 3d round comp?
    Posted in the other thread, but Okung's contract counted in full, thus negating the loss of Osweiler

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Posted in the other thread, but Okung's contract counted in full, thus negating the loss of Osweiler
    crap

Frederick was a reach.
    Yeah, he was projected as a third rounder or late second rounder. What was the status of the defense when Sly was drafted? What was the consensus on him as a prospect?

I sure do wish we had invested in the offensive line as much as Joel wanted - that way when we wound up with no SB wins but the line was so good that even shitty as GK's playcalling gained some yards he could feel better.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Yeah, he was projected as a third rounder or late second rounder. What was the status of the defense when Sly was drafted? What was the consensus on him as a prospect?

I sure do wish we had invested in the offensive line as much as Joel wanted - that way when we wound up with no SB wins but the line was so good that even shitty as GK's playcalling gained some yards he could feel better.
    Williams was rated Mid-teens and DT was the single biggest fan concern for about a decade. The year they took Miller nearly everyone wanted Marcel Darius (I wanted Blaine Gabbert, these were dark times) and the position didn't get much better in the next two seasons. Wolfe was a 2nd rnd pick, Potroast came in about the same time.

I think the C at the time was Manny Ramirez, who was solid, and teams weren't taking C's that high in the draft anyway.

It was a reach, plain/simple.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 02-25-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Williams was rated Mid-teens and DT was the single biggest fan concern for about a decade. The year they took Miller nearly everyone wanted Marcel Darius (I wanted Blaine Gabbert, these were dark times) and the position didn't get much better in the next two seasons. Wolfe was a 2nd rnd pick, Potroast came in about the same time.

I think the C at the time was Manny Ramirez, who was solid, and teams weren't taking C's that high in the draft anyway.

Exactly. If Joel's arguments of 'but the line has been bad for so long' is legit than 'the d-line is historically bad and has been awful since Shanahan' beats it out.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Frederick was a reach.
    Then what was Sly?

Ramirez wasn't a "solid" anything, and didn't go from bad G to mediocre C until AFTER tha draft, and only BECAUSE we had no other options: Walton sucked so bad we had to sign Koppen in 2012, and he did well (a rare success for Elways line FAs,) but then we had to coax him out of retirement in 2013 only to have him tear an ACL in camp so Ramirez became the C by default. Some may recall he finished that season (in every sense) by sending the SBs first snap into our end zone.

I was as desperate as anyone for a DT worthy of the name, and as far back as anyoneUNTIL we got Big Vick AND Potroast, a PAIR of DTs so solid Sly couldn't even get off the bench before NE* yanked Vickersons leg out of its socket at midseason. Even then Sly was just a supporting UT while Potroast slid over into Vickersons NT role, not becoming the "feature tackle" until Potroast left TWO YEARS after we spent a 1st rounder on Sly.

Then he had one good season between Jackson and Wolfe, one bad season between Wolfe and nothing, and now he's getting cut. While Frederick's an All Pro.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Sly was deemed to be the better prospect. You can't just go 'Oh, I know, I'll draft the top rated lineman at a position I need' otherwise you end up like the Chiefs were you cut a solid lineman for a lineman who pans out to be 'meh'.

And yes, that might mean that you occasionally miss out on someone who was a beast. Just like everyone else. There are certain operational moves or methods that work at a higher rate than others.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Anyone interested in Nick Mangold? He says the Jets are cutting him. Used to be a great center and I know some like Paredis and some don't. Probably capable of moving to guard as well.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Paradis played at an elite level last year. Mangold would have to be either a guard, as you say, or take a super cheap contract to be a backup. I doubt he ends up in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Joel admits he doesn't follow the draft/college football, btw. Let that sink in.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information