Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Broncos Have the Hardest Schedule in the League Next Year (On Paper)

Default The Broncos Have the Hardest Schedule in the League Next Year (On Paper)

Pour one out for the AFC West: The four teams in what was, for a time, the best division in football have the four hardest schedules for 2017. Denver leads the way by facing opponents with a .578 winning percentage. Kansas City is second (.576), while San Diego (.568) and Oakland (.564) round out the top four.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...s-times-010217
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I hear this every year.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I hear this every year.
    Glad I could keep the tradition going.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

How is that even possible since we're playing a third place schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The third place schedule only matters for one or two games per year. Guess which team has an easy schedule....again.

8. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

4 games against the chiefs & raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Another year that we have to play the m*****f****** c***s****** g**d***** f****** Patriots.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Another year that we have to play the m*****f****** c***s****** g**d***** f****** Patriots.
    There's a good chance the Broncos will lose too since it's not in the AFC Championship game.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

We've also seen from year to year that whether a teams most recent record reflects its next one is very hit and miss. Just like 2014, I was stoked a third of the way through the season because we beat a lot of "good" teams; just like 2014, a lot of those "good" playoff teams from the previous year had LOSING seasons. A year ago, 15-1 NFC Champ Carolina looked like a monster and 8-8 Atlanta looked like a cream puff. So which did we beat?

The one that won >6 games, something the 12-4 2015 AFC Champ Bengals also couldn't manage.

So who really knows how "tough" our 2017 schedule is? Brady turns 40 a month before Opening Day, while Oakland shows no sign of developing a D and KC no sign of developing an O. Buffalo will probably continue sputtering as it has for 25 years; Miamis only strengths are its RB and D, and the guy who ran the latter is running our team now. I think Dak and Zeke were more than a rookie flash in the pan, but we'll see; who knows which Eli shows up for our game?

On paper, it looks bad. But on paper, this time last year we weren't scheduled to play SEVEN playoff teams, including BOTH Conference Champs: That's what we did though (OaklandX2, KCX2, Houston, Atlanta and NE*.) I still think 9-7 against that gauntlet with a Swiss cheese line, our starting RB out of half the year and our starting QB a sophomore 7th round first-time starter was a big accomplishment.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

14. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    The third place schedule only matters for one or two games per year. Guess which team has an easy schedule....again.
    The P*triots?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

A wise man once said that paper is a terrible playing surface. Just kidding. I said that.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

If you read the article, it explains itself...

The Raiders and Chiefs can't play themselves twice, we can...They have better records than we do ergo, our schedule is tougher because we have to face both of them twice a year and they have better records.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    In this case, only because we're playing the whole AFC East. Third straight year that game is in Denver as well. If this were any other year, we'd be playing the Bills and the Chiefs would get stuck with the Patriots. But whatever. Once we win the division again this year, we'll play them again next year

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If you read the article, it explains itself...

The Raiders and Chiefs can't play themselves twice, we can...They have better records than we do ergo, our schedule is tougher because we have to face both of them twice a year and they have better records.
    Exactly. This is all based on how the year ended, and obviously our division was the toughest in football by record. As I said, we're also playing the AFC East, where two of those teams made the playoffs, thus inflating the difficulty. But this will all change during the year as teams we expect to be good are worse and vice versa. I remember thinking this past year's schedule looked super easy between weeks 4 and 14 or so. That didn't exactly work out for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Pour one out for the AFC West: The four teams in what was, for a time, the best division in football have the four hardest schedules for 2017. Denver leads the way by facing opponents with a .578 winning percentage. Kansas City is second (.576), while San Diego (.568) and Oakland (.564) round out the top four.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...s-times-010217
    yeah but when the season starts the teams you think will be good sometimes are turds and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The P*triots?
    As long as they stay in the AFC East with Buffalo and the Jets they are playing a patsy schedule. And as long as they have Tom Brady they are pretty much a lock to have home field advantage in the playoffs too.

God I hate the Pats! If Atlanta could have held on in the SB they would be suffering the SB loser's curse right now. No team in since the '73 Dolphins have gone back to the SB and won the year after losing, and no team since the 1993 Bills has gone back at all.

Usually a team that loses the SB tanks the next year like Carolina did, or loses in the first round like the Broncos did after losing to the Seahags.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information