Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Young Pope

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default The Young Pope

So decided this show needs its own thread. Basically a new pope is voted in by the "breath of god" and he decides to use a different approach then the Church uses now and shakes the Roman Church to its core.

Here is intro to the show,

Here is a speech he gives in Africa.

I tried watching it and was bored out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

*than
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Missy and i watched the first 4 episodes but i can kind of admit with Weazel that its a bit boring. Has some very good acting in it and has the foundation to grow into something better but right now its just a bit slow and hard to get into.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i was like that at first too, but it grew on me

Keep going the episodes get better every new one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I think he has some type of divine ability, and every episode it kind of hints at it more and more.

I heard it was really good. I'll have to check it out. What channel is it on?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    i heard it was really good. I'll have to check it out. What channel is it on?
    hbo

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    hbo
    Thanks. HBO's series are usually excellent. I will definitely check this out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I haven't watched it, but have thought about it.

Generally, the media do a terrible job with portraying how the Catholic Church really works, and it gets very frustrating to watch something when every time you turn around you see something portrayed that is just wrong. So I usually don't get too excited to watch stuff like this because it is just frustrating vs. good.

I'll have to try and watch a couple episodes. If they get it right, it might be good, but based on just the basic premise I'm aware of, that's not likely.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

the sets they use are incredible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Generally, the media do a terrible job with portraying how the Catholic Church really works, and it gets very frustrating to watch something when every time you turn around you see something portrayed that is just wrong. So I usually don't get too excited to watch stuff like this because it is just frustrating vs. good.

I'll have to try and watch a couple episodes. If they get it right, it might be good, but based on just the basic premise I'm aware of, that's not likely.
    In the beginning you might view it as a negative portrayal, but by episode 7 or 8 , you may think it views the church /god favorably.

It is a very interesting story they tell.

The Pope is a total dick at first, but there is a method to his madness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Also i believe i read that the church helped them with aspects of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

How do you view the Exorcist? Or some of the movies that deal with the 'mystic' side of things? I have Catholic friends who don't mind it because they view those sorts of content as just using the church as a starting place for fiction in a show. Others think it can be done well, but it is difficult. I had one friend who was totally opposed to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    How do you view the Exorcist? Or some of the movies that deal with the 'mystic' side of things? I have Catholic friends who don't mind it because they view those sorts of content as just using the church as a starting place for fiction in a show. Others think it can be done well, but it is difficult. I had one friend who was totally opposed to it.
    Some do a good job. I haven't seen the Exorcist since I was a kid, but it was actually written by a practicing Catholic. More recently I saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose. That film did a pretty good job I thought.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information