Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vance Joseph and coordinator press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Technically, it was more of a 'I say potato you say tomato' affair.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I can't pronounce my own name when I'm super drunk and fighting a bear.

Was VJ super drunk and fighting a bear?
    Do you do that kind of thing on a regular basis? Seems to me that's a "once in a lifetime kind of mistake you don't get to repeat."

3. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Do you do that kind of thing on a regular basis? Seems to me that's a "once in a lifetime kind of mistake you don't get to repeat."
    Depends on whether you use your brief opportunity to kick bear-ass or introduce yourself to it (and the latter's kind of inefficient, since it practically ensures you'll be getting "up close and personal" with bear-ass in a day or two.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Bears fear me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Bears fear me.
    Are you a hairy person? Like back hair and all?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Are you a hairy person? Like back hair and all?
    I don't have too much back hair. I have a very hairy chest, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

son of a bitch! effin' little weasel shanahan and the niners just hired john benton, our assistant O-line coach, away from us. . . seriously, we can't even keep dudes on our staff for one season without MFers poaching them? i get allowing your people to move, but this is kind of a kick in the nuts. . . i mean, it's not like we need the help developing our line or anything. . .

Benton was hired as the assistant offensive line coach in Denver after Vance Joseph was named the Broncos’ new head coach, but he won’t be on Joseph’s staff in 2017. Benton was granted permission to interview with the 49ers for their offensive line job and it apparently went well.

A day after Alex Marvez of Sporting News reported that Benton was finalizing a deal to join Kyle Shanahan’s staff, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the agreement is in place. The move reunites Shanahan and Benton, who coached the offensive line in Houston when Shanahan was the offensive coordinator of the Texans for four seasons.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ve-line-coach/

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Who?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    son of a bitch! effin' little weasel shanahan and the niners just hired john benton, our assistant O-line coach, away from us. . . seriously, we can't even keep dudes on our staff for one season without MFers poaching them? i get allowing your people to move, but this is kind of a kick in the nuts. . . i mean, it's not like we need the help developing our line or anything. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ve-line-coach/
    Pretty sure all motive for Shanny Jr. to help the Broncos succeed ended the moment we hired Joseph: Shannys job is helping SF succeed, whoever else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Who?
    Jon Benton; he was the assistant line coach for Kubiak and Dennisons really good ones in Houston. Elway (or "Joseph," if one insists; more likely McCoy) hired him as our assistant line coach, leaving the door open for Shanny Jr. to offer him a promotion back to his old job: He's apparently walked through that door. Since Benton's been running the Jags line since McNair cleaned house in Houston and the Jags offense hasn't done squat (except spend big to sign Beadles away from us) I'm not sure it's such a huge loss: I'd rather have his Houston understudy Frank Pollack, but doubt he leaves Dallas any time soon.

If you're being sarcastic, my bad; hard to tell in text.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Apparently they already replaced that assistant coach with Matt Paradis' former OL coach at Boise state. He wanted to come and coach in the NFL so he left a job as a head OL coach in college and came to Denver. This furthers a move for the Broncos to hire a bunch of over-qualified coaches - guys who have been offensive coordinators elsewhere coming here to be assistants, former Raiders OC who comes here to coach the WRs, guys who were OL coaches coming here to be assistant OL coaches, etc.

They certainly aren't lacking for coaching talent. Now if the OL talent was as good as the coaching talent they'd be ready to pack their bags for the SB right now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information