Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A massive lake of molten carbon under USA

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default A massive lake of molten carbon under USA

A massive lake of molten carbon the size of Mexico is discovered under the US, and it could cause climate CHAOS

-Situated under western US, 217 miles (350km) beneath the Earth's surface
    - Scientists used world's largest array of seismic sensors to map area
    - Melting carbon covers an area of 700,000 sq miles (1.8 million sq km)
    - Upper mantle could contain up to 100 trillion metric tonnes of melted carbon
    - Its discovery challenges what researchers have assumed about how much carbon is trapped inside the planet

A huge well of molten carbon that would spell disaster for the planet if released has been found under the US.

Scientists using the world's largest array of seismic sensors have mapped a deep-Earth area, covering 700,000 sq miles (1.8 million sq km).

This is around the size of Mexico, and researchers say it has the potential to cause untold environmental damage.

The discovery could change our understanding of how much carbon the Earth contains, suggesting it is much more than we previously believed.
    gases.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ir-greenhouse-

If yellowstone goes off! GG planet!

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Around the size of Mexico, you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

That cant be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I remember watching a documentary on the Super Volcano a few years ago and it will be so laughably powerful you will be better off being near the epicenter from what it seems. I guess I can look forward to my last words being, "What is tha..." since I live in Colorado. I wouldn't want to have to survive that post volcano worldwide winter anyway. I think it will be like that movie The Road, but with less laughter.

I remember going to Yellowstone a few years ago and the roads were closed because the ground was so hot that the roads MELTED. Nothing to worry about I guess, even though we are overdue for an eruption.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ir-greenhouse-

If yellowstone goes off! GG planet!

Okay, I have to say something...

1. "Could cause climate CHAOS" LMAO this thing did not just appear, the climate will not change because of this.
    2. If Yellowstone erupted, we would all be goners even without this "massive lake of molten carbon"

The map looks like one of your TV weather maps where the planet just ends at the US border... the "carbon lake" just stops with a nice straight line at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    The map looks like one of your TV weather maps where the planet just ends at the US border...
    You mean it doesn't? What comes next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

1. "Could cause climate CHAOS" LMAO this thing did not just appear, the climate will not change because of this.
    2. If Yellowstone erupted, we would all be goners even without this "massive lake of molten carbon"

The map looks like one of your TV weather maps where the planet just ends at the US border... the "carbon lake" just stops with a nice straight line at the border.
    Re: number 1, climate nuts love to scare folks. Always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You mean it doesn't? What comes next?
    Maybe Australia?

It's funny though, the only time your weathermen show Canada is when they want to explain cold weather. "the storm is coming from Central Canada, it will bring extreme cold and alot of snow"... Meanwhile it's 70 degrees where I'm at and I'm thinking, where do they get this shit?

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Maybe Australia?

It's funny though, the only time your weathermen show Canada is when they want to explain cold weather. "the storm is coming from Central Canada, it will bring extreme cold and alot of snow"... Meanwhile it's 70 degrees where I'm at and I'm thinking, where do they get this shit?
    On the news here they always refer to the "Montreal express" or "Alberta clipper" when we get cold coming from up north and I'm like wtf?

17. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    On the news here they always refer to the "Montreal express" or "Alberta clipper" when we get cold coming from up north and I'm like wtf?
    my mother in law is from Ohio and moved up here a few years ago, she always mentions the "Alberta clipper". I'm like, what the **** you talking about bitch, your cold comes from the big ******* lakes you reside near, not a province on the other side of the ******* continent you stunned ****

19. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Here's solid foundation for answering your question that you apparently missed:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I remember watching a documentary on the Super Volcano a few years ago and it will be so laughably powerful you will be better off being near the epicenter from what it seems. I guess I can look forward to my last words being, "What is tha..." since I live in Colorado. I wouldn't want to have to survive that post volcano worldwide winter anyway. I think it will be like that movie The Road, but with less laughter.

I remember going to Yellowstone a few years ago and the roads were closed because the ground was so hot that the roads MELTED. Nothing to worry about I guess, even though we are overdue for an eruption.
    The concluding statement of the OP article:

The deep carbon reservoir discovered will eventually make its way to the surface through volcanic eruptions and contribute to climate change albeit very slowly, but a sudden release could have dire consequences.
    Yes, volcanic eruptions do effect the climate. In some cases, for hundreds or even thousands of miles. If you don't believe me or the scientists, just ask any family or friends who lived in Vancouver back when St. Helens erupted in 1980 if their was a significant change in their weather patterns. So imagine the effect that what might be the largest eruption in recorded history might have on the entire world.
    I知 an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger痴, feel free to ask. I知 not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

If the goes, we are all dead. Therefore, doooooooont care.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I知 the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If the goes, we are all dead. Therefore, doooooooont care.
    That's because you're living in Montana, living in Phoenix would enable me survive the initial eruption. Unless of course it happens when I'm visiting Cody, WY, a tourist trap right outside the east entrance of Yellowstone.
    I知 an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger痴, feel free to ask. I知 not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    That's because you're living in Montana, living in Phoenix would enable me survive the initial eruption. Unless of course it happens when I'm visiting Cody, WY, a tourist trap right outside the east entrance of Yellowstone.
    Congrats, you'll die far more miserably?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I知 the hobbit.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Congrats, you'll die far more miserably?
    That's a very valid question & I the very reason that the OP article brought up the subject of how a mega eruption would affect global warming.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information