Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Terrell Owens reacts to HoF "Snub"

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    **** Lance Alworth!
    You don't mean that.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    You don't mean that.
    I'm a wild animal!

This is what message board posting did to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

TO has a strong argument for a top five spot as a WR.
    Again: How's a guy RARELY top three when he played, yet top five ALL-TIME?

That should make you a first ballot, especially in a competitive position whose merit and importance is increasing.
    That's one of the most counterintuitive arguments I've ever heard: "Passing's easier than ever, so obviously todays top three guy is top five all-time."

Joel, I never said that DM or TR never did anything without him. I'm saying that TO made them better, and he did.
    You said he made THEM, then added "better;" huge difference.

Look at DM before TO, and then took at him after. Look at TR before TR, and then look at him after. TR is my guy. I love TR. He's a warrior, a class act, a damned good passer, mobile, a leader, and a good person. But you can't convince anyone that TO didn't do more for TR than vice versa.
    Wow, he's so good he makes QBs Pro Bowlers even when he's not even PLAYING with them anymore; maybe we should've hired TO as HC instead of Kubiak.

So continue to blather on about old guys that no one cares about. Of course they changed the game, they were the first people playing it. Tell you what, go take TO and put him back in that era. He'd be a WR bigger than DL, the fastest guy on the field, one of the strongest guys on the field, and the most durable guy on the field. I wonder how impactful that would be? He'd be so godly that they'd do nothing but throw to him.
    Guys YOU don't care about. And no, he wouldn't have been a bigger WR than DL, but he WOULD'VE HAD TO PLAY D ANYWAY. "Most durable guy on the field" indeed; there's a reason they call it "iron man football."

Megatron is a beast. I wonder if his body would have held up? Because it sure didn't look that way. Antonio Brown is on a historic path, let's see if he maintains it. All kids of guys are on historic paths. Most of them don't finish walking it. That's neither here nor there.
    It's front and center, man. It's not likely to exactly get HARDER to pass, after all, and guess what: The owners have been talking about expanding the season again annually for several years. Twenty years from now you'll be the one sitting here arguing with some guy in college CONVINCED the first guy he saw live is WAY better than "old guys no one cares about" like TO. Which is precisely why the Hall isn't run that way.

I also have no idea why you bring up Jerry Rice when I never said he was better than him. SO sure, maybe, just maybe I misspoke and said he was top three all time, although the all time achievements put him there for yards and TDs. So let's say he's worse than Moss and Rice. I could quite easily take the route that those are the two best WR's ever.
    Because they played at the SAME TIME, meaning TO wasn't even the best player of his ERA, nor even SECOND best thanks to Moss. Wow, you're REALLY lucky: ALL THREE of the BEST EVER just HAPPENED to play when you were coming up. I mean, what are the odds (pretty freaking slim. )

Who ******* cares?

Who ******* cares about Alworth? Who had his last relevant season before the 70's. FFS, the only people who dredge up relics of the past are football purists. In 14 miserable games, shit awful games, that I had to endure because God hated me before John Elway delivered me, I watched that miserable sack of shit score just under ten TDs and 1k hards. In fourteen games. Opposite Chad '**** Von Kinger staying sane in this season' Ochojohnsoncincomfgshootme and a flailing Carson Palmer. Which trumps most seasons that most 'great' WR's had back then.
    Owens played A season in Cincy; let's not pretend he spent his entire career putting up arcade numbers despite bums throwing to him instead of a first ballot HoFer and a PAIR of QBs who are borderline HoFers. Not when you already conceded that point earlier.

For reference, Alworth played in an era where there was no combine, no WCO, and I'm not even sure the 3-4 defense existed.
    The 3-4s been around since the '40s, which is the kind of thing you learn when you realize football didn't magically become worthwhile just because YOU started watching it. But the value of down linemen's directly proportional to the frequency of runs: That's actually why the Giants moved one of their 5 down linemen back as a MLB to create the 4-3 in the '50s; fortunately, players back then were still athletic, versatile and durable enough DTs could convert to LB.

Also, Megatron retired before his decline occurred. TO's decline occurred and he was still a good player. Would I rather have Megatron? Yeah, just for the fact that my mental health wouldn't explode into a sea of pom-poms, popcorn, and press conferences. Yet, if I had to take the production of both of them, I'm going to get elite production at a longer time frame from TO. WHich, in the context of an individual career...

Ugh.
    You'd get more production from Megatron, but he'd get sick of not having guys like Young, McNabb and Romo to help him reach the playoffs, and retire early for fear of brain damage; TO never had to worry about the latter because the damage was done before he went pro.

As far as eras go, well I'm sorry that you disagree with me. However, with the rules as they are now, as opposed to even in the mid-90's, it's a completely different game. So yeah, I'm on fair ground to call it a different era.

But sure, let's just use time measurements instead.
    No, let's just declare it "a new era" every time we replace a calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    You don't mean that.
    It sure sounds like he does. To think the NFL wasted all that time playing for no reason before King came along to make the game relevant. Maybe if you inform the UIL they'll give you some kind of rebate for all your squandered nights.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information