Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Terrell Davis is now a Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Yeah, ok. Night Train, good pick there. In the SB era though, it is hard to find a better, more accomplished wide out than Smith as an UNDRAFTED player. Smith, was the juxtaposed opposite of a teammate to TO.

I do see why the committee are apprehensive and that I believe includes hall of famers themselves.

In nearly every place he was, the team got rid of him regardless of his numbers. Can we think of many players like that? I cannot really think of any.

I am sorry that has to be a consideration.
    Owens will likely make it sooner than later unless he completely pisses off the selection committee, and he probably belongs there, just not the first year eligible.

Yet the reality is that literally EVERY SINGLE YEAR HE PLAYED there were MULTIPLE players either wrapping up or beginning BETTER CAREERS. Unless one believes it just a bizarre coincidence that ALL the best receivers EVER just happened to play at a time when the rules made their jobs EASIER than ever, that means a guy who was BARELY TOP THREE in HIS own time isn't among the best EVER.

The fact some fans are so young they need Bo and Boz' Super Tecmo ad EXPLAINED is no reason to put them in charge of Canton: Just the opposite.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Schedule Set For Terrell Davis Enshrinement Into Hall Of Fame

DENVER (CBS4) – Mark your calendars, Broncos fans! The schedule is now set for Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, and it will be different than in years past.

Denver Broncos running back Terrell Davis is in this year’s class.

The enshrinement ceremony for the Class of 2017 will be nationally televised on Saturday, Aug. 5, from Tom Benson Stadium at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

Davis is joined in this year’s class by Dallas Cowboys’ Owner Jerry Jones, former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, running back LaDainian Tomlinson, pass-rusher Jason Taylor, safety Kenny Easley and kicker Morten Andersen.

The events kicks off with the Hall of Fame game, on a Thursday night for the first time. The Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals have just been announced as the two teams that will play. The choice of teams make sense due to the ties to Jones and Warner. Last year’s Hall of Fame game was canceled an hour before kickoff due to poor field conditions and concerns players might get hurt.

On Friday, the Hall will honor the Class of 2017 with a Gold Jacket Dinner at the Canton Memorial Civic Center. The NFL says the scheduling changes, an earlier game and later induction ceremony wisely place the spotlight on the enshrinement ceremony that weekend.

Davis joins four other Broncos in the Hall: John Elway, Gary Zimmerman, Floyd Little and Shannon Sharpe.
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/02/2...-hall-of-fame/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2h

Tix for HOF Game and Enshrinement Ceremony go on sale Fri at 8 am MT. Tix may be purchased at http://www.ProFootballHOF.com/tickets @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information