Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Broncos Draft Projections

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default 2017 Broncos Draft Projections

I dont see us taking a tackle even though we need one. I think Elway will get players in free agency to attempt to go into the draft with flexibility.

With our first round pick, I don't see us drafting for need. Im thinking we take OJ Howard, may even trade up for him.......if he's still there. I think

by the time the draft comes around he will be ranked alot higher than he is now even with his first round grade.

Next to Howard, I think depending on whos left, a stud LBer, a stud RB, or a trade down. Its possible to take a tackle but Im not sure theres one

that will be that enticing at 20. The more irons in the fire the better off we are.

Since we are so flush with picks, I dont know how we can draft them all without losing talent on cut day.

Oh, and Detrez Newsome is the RB I think is the sleeper stud in this draft. I hope we can get him with a third.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There are so many options at 20, I don't know why Broncos would give up a pick to move up.

This is my current first round big board:

Guys that very likely won't be there but are instapicks if they fall:

Myles Garrett
    Jonathan Allan
    Jamal Adams
    Derek Barnett
    Malik Hooker
    Leonard Fournette
    Dalvin Cook
    Mike Williams
    Marlon Humphrey
    Reuben Foster
    Quincy Wilson
    Sidney Jones
    Malik McDowell
    Marshon Lattimore
    Solomon Thomas (Xavier's mock has him dropping to 20, ... !)

Guys still on board near 15 or so that would be value at 20:

OJ Howard
    Corey Davis
    Zach Cunningham
    Ryan Ramczyk
    Christian McCaffrey
    John Ross
    Cam Robinson
    Teez Tabor

I have no problem with Broncos picking up a CB or edge rusher in the 1st, even though they would be depth in year 1. Take the rare athlete, they are ... rare.

There will be at least one of these guys available at 20, and any of them would be a solid pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Howard or McCaffrey is there i would take them in a heartbeat. Game changer.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If Howard or McCaffrey is there i would take them in a heartbeat. Game changer.
    Agree.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Rarely does the player I wish they would take end up being selected, except for last year. Hoping Howard is the selection this year. Also hoping they go against their norm and use the last 3rd round compensatory pick on Joe Mixon if he is still there. His troubles were back in 2014 and he has been clean since IIRC. This kid is a difference maker and reminds me a little Portis as someone mentioned in another thread.

7. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Rarely does the player I wish they would take end up being selected, except for last year. Hoping Howard is the selection this year. Also hoping they go against their norm and use the last 3rd round compensatory pick on Joe Mixon if he is still there. His troubles were back in 2014 and he has been clean since IIRC. This kid is a difference maker and reminds me a little Portis as someone mentioned in another thread.
    I'd love to have Howard as well.

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

If we got Howard Id be beside myself...... he said hes going to run a 4.58 in the 40, and at his size and ability, thats going to make GMs drool.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There are so many options at 20, I don't know why Broncos would give up a pick to move up.

This is my current first round big board:

Guys that very likely won't be there but are instapicks if they fall:

Myles Garrett
    Jonathan Allan
    Jamal Adams
    Derek Barnett
    Malik Hooker
    Leonard Fournette
    Dalvin Cook
    Mike Williams
    Marlon Humphrey
    Reuben Foster
    Quincy Wilson
    Sidney Jones
    Malik McDowell
    Marshon Lattimore
    Solomon Thomas (Xavier's mock has him dropping to 20, ... !)

Guys still on board near 15 or so that would be value at 20:

OJ Howard
    Corey Davis
    Zach Cunningham
    Ryan Ramczyk
    Christian McCaffrey
    John Ross
    Cam Robinson
    Teez Tabor

I have no problem with Broncos picking up a CB or edge rusher in the 1st, even though they would be depth in year 1. Take the rare athlete, they are ... rare.

There will be at least one of these guys available at 20, and any of them would be a solid pick.
    Howard might not be there, especially if he impresses at the combine. McCaffrey should be there - from what I hear, he's projected as a late first rounder. I wouldn't mind that pick, even though I think we have bigger needs.

Ramczyk scares me - he's only a one year starter and he's coming off an injury. Not sure of his value where we're picking. I've already expressed an interest in Cunningham - he'd be a day one starter next to Marshall.

As for Solomon Thomas being there at 20 ... you couldn't race to the podium quick enough on that one!

13. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Anyone have a list of who we met with at senior bowl?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Anyone have a list of who we met with at senior bowl?
    Yes.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Yes.
    Don't be coy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Don't be coy.
    Vote McCoy? Where's this going?

walterfootball.com has a list

Vote McCoy? Where's this going?

walterfootball.com has a list
    You implied you were in possession of the list. I can take my ball and go play elsewhere if you don't want to share.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

walterfootball.com

Thank you kind sir

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information