Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 49ers hire JOHN LYNCH as their new GM

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default 49ers hire JOHN LYNCH as their new GM

I wish him the best, John Lynch was a hell of a player and a hell of a Bronco. I don't know if he has the right experience for this job or not, but people doubted Elway when he started with us.

Should be interesting!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I wish John the best, especially dealing with a nut job owner for the 9ers. I'm sure he'll work well with the Shanahan's.

First order of business......send Kap down the road, work out a trade with Cleveland for the 1st pick, and get Watson.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I wish John the best, especially dealing with a nut job owner for the 9ers. I'm sure he'll work well with the Shanahan's.

First order of business......send Kap down the road, work out a trade with Cleveland for the 1st pick, and get Watson.
    I don't know, Kap can be a workable QB with the right system and coaching. I think he's a better prospect than RG3 and Kyle did well with him. I guess we'll find out, QB will be the first order of business I bet, whether it's reworking Kap's ridiculous contract or going in a different direction.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Good luck man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It sounds like Kyle will get full control over the roster, so I'm not sure how much power Lynch will really have. People were saying that none of the up and coming GM candidates really wanted to touch SF with a 10 foot pole, so it makes sense that they had to hire a guy like Lynch with no experience in that area. I hope he does well though. I've met him a couple of times and he's a genuinely nice guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: 49ers to hire John Lynch as new GM on 6-year deal

The San Francisco 49ers are hiring Hall of Fame candidate and FOX analyst John Lynch to be their new general manager, league sources told ESPN.

The two sides are still finalizing the contract, which sources say will be for an almost unprecedented six years.

Less than a week before he is eligible to be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the former Stanford standout is returning to the Bay Area.

Lynch spent Thursday and Friday meeting with San Francisco officials. He spent Thursday night at 49ers owner Jed York's house before the team flew him back to San Diego on Friday night so he could attend a family function.

Lynch accepted the job Sunday.

Lynch has no front-office experience but has been connected to front-office jobs in the past. Some in Denver thought he could have been a candidate to replace John Elway one day, though that day never materialized.

The idea to hire Lynch was his own. He personally called Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and volunteered for the job about a week ago.

Shanahan, considered the favorite to be named the Niners' next head coach, thought about Lynch, and the more he thought about it, the more he felt Lynch was a fit for the job. Lynch played for Shanahan's father, Mike, in Denver.

Other candidates for the Niners' GM job included Vikings assistant GM George Paton and Cardinals vice president of player personnel Terry McDonough, both of whom interviewed with the team over the weekend.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eneral-manager

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't know, Kap can be a workable QB with the right system and coaching. I think he's a better prospect than RG3 and Kyle did well with him. I guess we'll find out, QB will be the first order of business I bet, whether it's reworking Kap's ridiculous contract or going in a different direction.
    My opinion on Kap has nothing to do with his political views, other than, it can be a distraction. I was a big Kap fan when he played for Nevada, and an advocate for him coming to the BRONCOS (not any more because of his play). Perhaps he can turn it around, and I'm sure the Shanahan's can do that.

10. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

49ers could probably get Watson in the 2nd round.

Btw, we know how it ends when you give a Shanahan that much Authoritah.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lynch is a smart man of high integrity - I think he will succeed and return the 49ers to prominence. Seems like a surprisingly good outside the box hire.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    49ers could probably get Watson in the 2nd round.

Btw, we know how it ends when you give a Shanahan that much Authoritah.
    Idk man...I bet all 4 QBs go in the 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I hope he does well there. It seems like a crazy hire, but I think the 49ers are in a position where "regular" candidates don't want to deal with that mess so they had to take a risk on someone. Hence the six year deal for him (and Kyle, allegedly). It implies that they're going to let them do their thing, at least for a few years and see how it goes. Definitely risky, but interesting. They'll be a fascinating team to watch in the next few years.

I hate Kap for replacing Alex Smith, but I guess that's not his fault. Dak, you're next.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have zero opinion on this other than I like John Lynch.

He's not really a Bronco though...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I have zero opinion on this other than I like John Lynch.

He's not really a Bronco though...
    You're not really a bronco!

20. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information