Thread: Chargers to be replaced with new expansion team!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Chargers to be replaced with new expansion team!

MLS Targeting San Diego for Expansion in New Mission Valley Stadium

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spor...410864725.html
    Oops...wrong football

I'm sorry, ban me if you must, but I had to do it
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Oops...wrong football

I'm sorry, ban me if you must, but I had to do it
    Haha, they'll probably get good turnouts. There's a large Latino population there.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Angry Don't even joke about crap like that

Last thing this league needs is MORE teams to dilute its already thin talent pool. Pretty soon we'll have two teams in every state, they'll only play a dozen of the others, we'll send half to the playoffs, every HS waterboy will get drafted, sacks, running and CBs will be banned and the season will end in April.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Last thing this league needs is MORE teams to dilute its already thin talent pool. Pretty soon we'll have two teams in every state, they'll only play a dozen of the others, we'll send half to the playoffs, every HS waterboy will get drafted, sacks, running and CBs will be banned and the season will end in April.
    "Pretty soon" is a relative term. After all, more than half the states don't have even 1 team. So, I guess amount of time that it'll take for your nightmare scenario is what I'd consider a long ways off. The next expansion team is probably at least 1-2 decades away.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    "Pretty soon" is a relative term. After all, more than half the states don't have even 1 team. So, I guess amount of time that it'll take for your nightmare scenario is what I'd consider a long ways off. The next expansion team is probably at least 1-2 decades away.
    I was being hyperbolic to illustrate the point; I do that sometimes. That said, I HIGHLY doubt the next expansion team is decades away: The owners want more money (as always.) The real question is whether the next expansion teams are in ANY state....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I was being hyperbolic to illustrate the point; I do that sometimes. That said, I HIGHLY doubt the next expansion team is decades away: The owners want more money (as always.) The real question is whether the next expansion teams are in ANY state....
    And I was being a smart Alek.

After expanding to 28 teams in ’76 (Seattle & Tampa Bay), the league didn’t expand again until ’95 (Carolina & Jacksonville). When Cleveland lost the original Browns in ’96, the league rushed to keep their promise to reactive the Browns franchise ASAP just 3 years later, resulting in the league having an odd number of teams. Just 3 years after that, the league rushed another team in the league (Houston) in order to even out a number of teams.

What has happened to those 4 teams has for the most part been a train wreck, which is why the league will slow down with the expansion teams. Otherwise, they’ll produce so poor quality franchises that they’ll ruin the fan bases of cities like San Diego & St. Louis.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information